Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram (1017 Views)

Economic Recession: We're Paying For Our Mistakes - Buhari / 5 Jonathan’s Mistakes Buhari Has Repeated / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN (2) (3) (4)

Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by Opinedecandid(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2015
I don't intend for this post to be too long and boring, rather my intention is to be as brief but as matter-of-factly as possible. Therefore, for some of those who do not appreciate lengthy pieces and are not always keen to go through them before commenting/reacting.

For me, any and every thing President Buhari did in his bid to be the President of Nigeria that escalated the the orchestrated annihilation by the blood thirsty Islamic sect were mistakes.
At the same time, any and every thing President Buhari has done, said and has not don't since he was elected and sworn in as our president and commander-in-chief which has contributed directly or indirectly to the skyrocketted increase in the number of boko haram victims are all mistakes.

Buhari's Actions and Inactions that constitute grave mistakes on Boko Haram are:

Making unrealistic and utopian boast that he will crush boko haram in two months of his administration;

Relocation of the military engine room to boko haram stronghold;

Failure to issue statements every time an attack takes place;

Refusal to caution his follow fulani herdsmen to desist from killing innocent, helpless and hapless Nigerians which may have also motivated the insurgents to intensify their own attacks, as it now seems that carrying that out is simpler than before;

Failure to make key appointments for the nation to be run as it should be and for the various sectors of the economy to be affected for a corresponding reduction in crime rates in the society;

Sack of the DSS DG, Ita Ekpeyong and subsequent appointment of a Daura man who had left the Service years ago and quite aged too, with little or no knowledge on how to contribute to the contention, let alone elimination of the insurgents;

Failure to wade into and resolve the National Assembly crises and APC crises which is having far-reaching negative consequences on the nation;

Failure to kick-start his much touted unbiased anti-corruption war, the very reason most Nigerians wasted their votes on him;

Having said that, since I can't lay claim to the monopoly of knowledge as some Nigerians like doing, I will also call on some others to add to my list above.
Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 06, 2015
This would have made front page...... Buh Nairaland is a staunch fan of the president.

Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by weingeorge(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2015
Please leave my Baba go slow oo...he's barely spent 2 months in office. Boko will be terminated.
Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by winetapper: 10:19am On Jul 06, 2015
weingeorge:
Please leave my Baba go slow oo...he's barely spent 2 months in office. Boko will be terminated.
but he said within two month.. I hate promise and fail people.. sad

Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by donholy28(m): 10:19am On Jul 06, 2015
Buhari and his slow dull brain...he says he will crush boko haram but instead of them retreating they're killing more people

Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by mikolo80: 11:06am On Jul 06, 2015
Opinedecandid:
I don't intend for this post to be too long and boring, rather my intention is to be as brief but as matter-of-factly as possible. Therefore, for some of those who do not appreciate lengthy pieces and are not always keen to go through them before commenting/reacting.

For me, any and every thing President Buhari did in his bid to be the President of Nigeria that escalated the the orchestrated annihilation by the blood thirsty Islamic sect were mistakes.
At the same time, any and every thing President Buhari has done, said and has not don't since he was elected and sworn in as our president and commander-in-chief which has contributed directly or indirectly to the skyrocketted increase in the number of boko haram victims are all mistakes.

Buhari's Actions and Inactions that constitute grave mistakes on Boko Haram are:

Making unrealistic and utopian boast that he will crush boko haram in two months of his administration;

called playing politics(everyone is doing it)

[/b]Relocation of the military engine room to boko haram stronghold;

[b]he gas ginger dem na(they'll take it more seriously when their lives are on the line)

Refusal to caution his follow fulani herdsmen to desist from killing innocent, helpless and hapless Nigerians which may have also motivated the insurgents to intensify their own attacks, as it now seems that carrying that out is simpler than before;

he's human,why will he attack his ppl(its farmers that shoul organise rat (abi na cow) poison and every herdsman go arrange hisself sharp sharp

Failure to make key appointments for the nation to be run as it should be and for the various sectors of the economy to be affected for a corresponding reduction in crime rates in the society;

he doesn't need to(we have perm secs who really do the work anyway

Sack of the DSS DG, Ita Ekpeyong and subsequent appointment of a Daura man who had left the Service years ago and quite aged too, with little or no knowledge on how to contribute to the contention, let alone elimination of the insurgents;

dss is to protect president not leak his itinerary to corrupt frog eyed women,(he needs ppl he can trust)

Failure to wade into and resolve the National Assembly crises and APC crises which is having far-reaching negative consequences on the nation;
executive has no business interfring eith legislaure(this is not pdp govt),try and be civilised

Failure to kick-start his much touted unbiased anti-corruption war, the very reason most Nigerians wasted their votes on him;

he never release moni na so which corruption he wan fight,think man

Having said that, since I can't lay claim to the monopoly of knowledge as some Nigerians like doing, I will also call on some others to add to my list above.
adding to your list won't change fact that you go'n have to sit back and watch real leadership for next 4 years

Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by obailala(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Making unrealistic and utopian boast that he will crush boko haram [size=13pt]in two months of his administration[/size];

Relocation of the military engine room to boko haram stronghold;

Your post would have been sensible had it been you did not include the bolded premise. I stopped reading after I got to the bold phrase. Buhari never placed a timeline for ending BH. The so called CNN interview is still up on the website for anyone to view. It was some stupidd TANoid who originated the 2 months timeline and it is only an irredeemably dolt that would still be judging PMB with this fictitious timeline even when the video of the interview still exists.

cc:
winetapper:

Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by shenisaac(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2015
winetapper:
Like you don't promise and fail sometimes .I hope your hatred also includes you.
Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by Opinedecandid(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
mikolo80:
adding to your list won't change fact that you go'n have to sit back and watch real leadership for next 4 years

'real leadership', you said, indeed?

It funny how some persons would stop at nothing in defending the obvious.

Question is, has President Buhari "hit the ground running'' as he boasted
Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by Opinedecandid(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
obailala:

Your post would have been sensible had it been you did not include the bolded premise. I stopped reading after I got to the bold phrase. Buhari never placed a timeline for ending BH. The so called CNN interview is still up on the website for anyone to view. It was some stupidd TANoid who originated the 2 months timeline and it is only an irredeemably dolt that would still be judging PMB with this fictitious timeline even when the video of the interview still exists.

cc:

Really?
I should have left out the 'two-months' time frame that has been popular reported and not a single time has the president or his party come out to deny (even as they often do) that he never said so.

So what sense would the topic make if that particular information was not expounded in the post?

On the other hand, granted he only promised to defeat boko haram without stipulating the time frame, the question remains, are we loosing the war or loosing it under his watch?
Re: Graver Mistakes Buhari Has Made On Boko Haram by obailala(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Opinedecandid:

Really?
I should have left out the 'two-months' time frame that has been popular reported and not a single time has the president or his party come out to deny (even as they often do) that he never said so.

So what sense would the topic make if that particular information was not expounded in the post?

On the other hand, granted he only promised to defeat boko haram without stipulating the time frame, the question remains, are we loosing the war or loosing it under his watch?
Including the 2 months timeline makes no sense because the issue has been discussed severally on this website and the matter thrown in the dustbin a long time ago. The presidency has more important issues to be dealt with and you cannot expect them to possibly respond to every single thrash conjured by opposition reporters or individuals.

There is still a video link to the Buhari CNN interview, if you are sincere with yourself, you would simply go to the CNN site and watch the video for yourself instead of continually making a fool of yourself with this argument.

Why Buhari Is After Sambo Dasuki / Radio Biafra And The Biafran Narratives / Nigerians Deserve The Change They Wanted – Fani-kayode