Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation (1543 Views)

Air Force Destroys Another Boko Haram Terrorist Logistics Base. Photos/Video / Ali Modu Sheriff Plans To Create Another Boko Haram In Abuja – makarfi / DSS Arrests Another Boko Haram Kingpin In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by sayyid(m): 10:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Boko Haram Escapee Recounts Terrible
Experience

17-year-old Miriam, who escaped from
islamic insurgents, Boko Haram, has
explained how she was kidnapped by the
extremists and forced to marry a man and got
pregnant, before she ran away from their
camp.
The teenager, who spoke with a BBC reporter,
narrated how she was raped repeatedly after
being forced to marry the fighter.
File Photo of some escaped Chibok girls
According to This Day, the young lady was
held in captivity by Boko Haram for six
months last year, and got pregnant for one of
the insurgents whom she later referred to as
her husband.
Miriam explained further, how her community
had rejected her since she came out of
captivity because she was pregnant.
“I really hope it is a girl. I would love her more
than any boy. A boy would always be known as
the son of Boko Haram,” she said.
Boko Haram had attacked her village and
taken her captive to a house where she was
kept in a small room with about 40 other
women.
Mariam stated in her story, that she initially
resisted any marriage, but eventually agreed
after four men were brought out in front of
her and had their throats slit.
“This will happen to any girl who refuses to
marry,” she added.
On how she eventually escaped, the heavily
pregnant teenager said it was her second
attempt at trying to flee before recording
success.
The man she had been forced to marry
reportedly left her alone, and she seized her
moment. She ran and ran and ran, and she
did not look back until she was home.
“I took something before I left,” she said, and
brought out a SIM card belonging to her
husband.
“My husband,” Miriam added, “If he ever sees
me again, he will kill me. The men in my family
are dead. I am just alone with my mum.
“God will avenge me. There’s nothing more I
can say.”
Recall that the Italian government rescued
some of the kidnapped girls, who was
reportedly travelling by sea outside the
country

Sources: BBC News , Naij.com news , ThisDay
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by seedgreen(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2015
Following
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Hayorstimmy: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2015
All ears
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Lordave: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2015
She should be properly interrogated.

Psychological expertise is needed here.
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Emenahagos02(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Will d sim reveal the BH identity....
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2015
ISLAMABAD

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by feedburner(m): 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
"she ran n ran n ran until she got home"

liar.

u people shld start saying d truth. At least una headache (GEJ) don leave office

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
feedburner:
"she ran n ran n ran until she got home"

liar.

u people shld start saying d truth. At least una headache (GEJ) don leave office

She ran and ran sounds like it was just the next village and she knew her from where she ran to her home.

Something is very wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by hardbody: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
This story is not adding up. Where is the sim card?
Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
That sim card should be used to trace the husband n odas

1 Like

Re: Another Boko Haram Escapee Makes Shoking Revelation by Chesman10(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Most people forget that Islam is not only a religious movement but also a sociopolitical platform. Denying that Boko Haram is Islamic worsens the situation and blaming Islam for Boko Haram does not help either. No force on earth can defeat Boko Haram. Let no one deceive you with empty promises. The end to Boko Haram can only come if the members have a rethink. And that should be the focus of this present administration. Otherwise they will keep on pouring the already leaned salt(resources) into the ocean.
Mark my word. No international terrorist organization like Boko Haram has been exterminated anywhere in the world in the recent world history. Nigerians should stop this blame game, christians and Biafrans inclusive Hate begets hate, it does not solve any problem

(1) (Reply)

Bombs Are Back - Economist / See Sen. Dino Melaye Alleged Multi-million Abuja Mansion Under Renovation(Pics / Emefiele: NNPC Now To Be Sole Petrol Importer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.