Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound (2694 Views)

Help My 2 Months Old Rottie Is Not Growing Properly / 3 MONTHS BOX HEAD FEMALE ROTTIE FOR SALE - 80K / CHARMING GATE SIGNS FOR THE ROTTIE LOVERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by estykaykennel: 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
Please help me my male rottie got bitten by an unknown thing on d leg I called me vet he did what he could but there isn't change from little. Injury it has grown to this extent. Please gurus in d house help what else can I use apply I'm getting scared already. Prodeegee, chucky, general etc come to my aid pls

Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by darvic1515(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
Get an healing oil from any pet shop, apply 2x daily. And prevent the dog from licking it.
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by generalj1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
chief...am not a guru o but i have treated my dogs severally from injuries.

first, try smell the wound. if its giving you an offensive odour, then its infected.

try clean the wound..i advise you use mouth guard when doing this to avoid the dog biting you out of pain.
make sure you remove all the dead flesh from the wound.

you may now apply an y of these antiseptic wound vaseline you see around in vet shops...mostly are even locally made as cheap as 200 to 500 naira.

I have cleaned a wound like dat before, applied common ampicilin (red and black capsule) or procaine pelicilin and plastered it for 2 days.

i opened it the second day to clean it.

the summary is, keep the wound always clean and disinfected. dogs usually lick their wounds too and the saliva helps the healing.

i hope i have been able to help.
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by estykaykennel: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks boss I do that immediately. God Bless
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by estykaykennel: 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
generalj1:

first, try smell the wound. if its giving you an offensive odour, then its infected.

try clean the wound..i advise you use mouth guard when doing this to avoid the dog biting you out of pain.

you may now apply an y of these antiseptic wound vaseline you see around in vet shops...mostly are even locally made as cheap as 200 to 500 naira.

I have cleaned a wound like dat before, applied common ampicilin (red and black capsule) or procaine pelicilin and plastered it for 2 days.

the summary is, keep the wound always clean and disinfected. dogs usually lick their wounds too and the saliva helps the healing.

it smells really and I've been cleaning with menthylated spirit and iodine tho but I've not applied anything to it. Thanks for ur advise I will do as u said. Hailings Boss
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by aguizm(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
My dog also had such mysterious wound under her feet. I used healing oil on it mostly at night before locking her up because I felt if its applied during the day she would run around and also lick it up.

But na whaoo am beginning to loose faith in vet doctors with the kind of stories am reading up here.

Una sure say Nigeria universities dey teach them well so ooo. Seems they are all quacks and olodos.
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by ireneony(f): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
eyah take it easy
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by Prodeegee(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
I'd say just apply coconut oil. They have long lasting reactions and faster results.

Methos are harsh on wounds
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by estykaykennel: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Prodeegee:
I'd say just apply coconut oil. They have long lasting reactions and faster results.

Methos are harsh on wounds
coconut oil? Where and how can I get it pls cos a friend told me of palm canel oil ( Adi dudu) in yoruba language and I did that too but still no difference. Where can I get d oil pls?
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by Prodeegee(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2015
estykaykennel:
coconut oil? Where and how can I get it pls cos a friend told me of palm canel oil ( Adi dudu) in yoruba language and I did that too but still no difference. Where can I get d oil pls?
majour markets
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by Apitch(m): 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Have u guys not heard of cicatrin powder? Just do as general said and add cicatrin powder instead and come back after 2days with testimony
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by generalj1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
chief...if it smells, it most likely infected.

2..stop methylated spirit..its harsh.

try mild stuff like Savlon or dettol.

try like 500 ml of warm water...sock the wound well and wipe it thoroughly with the water with disinfectant. unt the wound looks fresh (RED)

repeat this twice daily.

apply procaine penicillin on it all the time.

you may read up on it..treating dog wounds
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by estykaykennel: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
To all u bosses who commeted on d treatment of my Rotties wound I say thank u to u all my rottie is better and active now. I really aprici8 God bless..........
Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by pufframmy: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
ok
generalj1:

Re: Help! Help!! Help!!! My Rottie Got Wound by Edricson01: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Full breed huge adult female German Shepherd for sale
She listens to basic commands
Whatsapp @ 08089188044
Call 09133159009

(1) (Reply)

Mudiaga Chioma's Litter / Adult Male Pedigree Rottweiler For Sale / Adult Male Rottweiler For Sale 80k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.