Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe (671 Views)

Elderly Woman In Bonny Campaigns For Abinye Blessing Pepple (Photo) / Elderly Woman From Maiduguri: "Anybody Who Goes Against Buhari Is A Boko Haram" / Elderly Woman Joins Borno Civilian-JTF That Fights Boko Haram (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by Flowrymz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
T.B. Joshua posted a heart-warming story on his official Facebook Page about an elderly woman who came to his church with an unusual gift.

A retired teacher named Caroline Orugude had come to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) in Lagos, Nigeria to share a curious testimony. After retiring from her job in June, 2012, Caroline was forced to wait almost two years for the gratuity that she was supposed to receive. “There was nothing much we could do except pray because the pension system is so unreliable,” she narrated to the congregation.

After visiting various churches for prayer without any visible change, she was introduced to Emmanuel TV, the popular Christian television station broadcasting the activities at The SCOAN, and began praying along with T.B. Joshua.

Within two weeks, she received a call from the treasury, asking her to go to Abuja to collect her pension money. “I decided that when I got the money, I would come to The SCOAN to appreciate the Lord,” she joyfully said. “I am here with the small sum of 500,000 naira, to give to the man of God and The SCOAN, as my tithe.”

It was an unexpected declaration but the response of Joshua was equally surprising as he insisted he could not collect the gift.

“Yes, it is written in the Bible that we should pay tithe but how can we collect tithe from widows and the aged who are supposed to be under our care,” he questioned the congregation.

“Remember, she has stopped working. She needs our care for the rest of her life. These are the women we should be feeding and taking care of. She is our mother; she is my mother too.”
The cleric, who is well known for his philanthropic gestures, then announced that instead of taking Mrs. Orugude’s tithe, he would support her with an additional 500,000 naira.

“When God calls a man or woman, what they will eat, what they will use and everything they need for their journey will be provided abundantly by God,” T.B. Joshua then explained, noting the attributes of genuine ministers of God.

“When a minister begins to depend on tithes, you know he is not a minister of God,” he added. “This is a message to ministers of God all over the world. When we collect tithes, we should know those whom we collect them from. Don’t force anybody – it is between them and God. Let us worship the Giver of money, not money,” he concluded.

The post on Joshua’s Facebook page, followed by 1.5 million people, ended with a poignant question. “Where are your elderly? Care for them and you shall reach old age.”

A video recently surfaced of Joshua refusing a $1,000 offering from a Swiss lady who received healing during his crusade in Colombia. Several weeks ago, he spoke scathingly of ‘money-hungry’ pastors, insisting that ministers of God should not force members to give offerings or tithes as it was a thing of the heart.

Source - [url]http://posh360.net/t-b-joshua-returns-elderly-womans-%E2%82%A6500000-tithe/[/url]

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by chijoy7(f): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
ok
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by Jorussia(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by goodmorning40: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Haters will not take their time to listen and digest his message, they will go criticizing and cursing, unknown to them that TB Joshua is a man of God blessed by God whom no man can cause
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
I heard Mr President is about to start investigating the source of our rich pastors money. dunno what to think.
Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s ₦500,000 Tithe by Yujin(m): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
This is a man I respect so much. I don't care about what others have to say about him given the level of happiness and joy he has brought in the lives of people. He from all I've seen is a good man. May God bless him.
Who so ever identifies with the poor has got my respect. May God strengthens him as he continues to show good examples in a depraved world.

(1) (Reply)

Stop This Borrowing Madness / Ex Benue Governor Arrested In The UK! / Preparation For Speech On Independence Day 2015 | 15 August Speech Preparation -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.