Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon (694 Views)

Serena Beats Venus To Win Record 23rd Slam Title / Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash / Serena Williams Wins Her Sixth Wimbledon Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by bvibesblogger: 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Serena Williams continued her quest for a 6th Wimbledon title as she beat elder sister Venus to qualify for the quarterfinals.

It was a packed Monday at Wimbledon, and Serena made quick work of her sister, beating her 6-4 6-3.

It was another win in the sisterly battle for Serena, 33, who has now 15 of the 26 matches she has faced up against 35-year old Venus.

Serena wasn’t exactly euphoric over the win, and she said after the game that “it’s hard to feel excited when it’s your best friend in the world… Who knows if we’ll have a chance to play again?”

The possibility of another match-up is quite high, as Venus admits she isn’t ready to quit yet.

When asked if she’d be back next year she simply replied, “I think so.”

Serena did extremely well to come out of what was a tough match up with her sister, and will now face the winner of the Belinda Bencic vs. Victoria Azarenka tie.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/07/the-real-egbon-serena-williams-defeats-elder-sister-venus-at-wimbledon/
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by ibnbazz(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Cool
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Precious91(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Serena my crush grin
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Starships4u(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
I love that.....
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Starships4u(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Precious91:
Serena my crush grin
guy y u go de crush on my crush?
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Precious91(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2015
Starships4u:
guy y u go de crush on my crush?
I already injured myself today trying to play her game. cry
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Yustash001(m): 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Serena too dey flog her elder sister....
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Starships4u(m): 12:35am On Jul 07, 2015
Precious91:

I already injured myself today trying to play her game. cry
lolsss to show you she's already taken
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by Precious91(m): 6:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Starships4u:
lolsss to show you she's already taken
gbauncry
Re: Serena Williams Defeats Elder Sister Venus At Wimbledon by khattab02: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmm...... I remembered when Venus beat Serena in straight sets in 2008 wimbledon final. Serena looked a shadow of herself then.

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor, Emmanuel Emenike Convert To Islam - VIDEO / Betting Tips Website / Footballers Use Charms To Win Matches - Taribo West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.