Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,156 members, 7,829,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) (14921 Views)

Governor Rauf Aregbesola Swears In Commissioners& S.A (see Full List) / Newly Sworn-in Commissioners In Akwa Ibom And Their Portfolios / Ambode swears in commissioners, SAs, demands optimum performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by jejemanito: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by kenedy175(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
And our Daura president is yet to appoint ministers

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by myproperty(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
ekefre4:
I just hv a feeling dat dia man will perform

I read what the Governor said and I smiled that this is the kind of leader Nigerians deserve people who already have policy direction, who understand what the states needs , who understand that Industrialization would lead to massive job creation.

Well that state seems to be blessed with performing Governors, starting from Victor Attah, Godswill Akpabio and from Udom's body language he may also perform.

One unique similarities with all Akwa Ibom state civilian Governors is that they all from the private sector , that may be why they are good in managing the state resources vis a vis development

3 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by nigerianvenom(m): 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
That's my governor. I entered eket today n was suprised at what d saw. Dis man will surpasses akpabio.

Akwa ibom, the new deal.
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by viciati(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
angryIts still the same setbof commissioners akpabio only with different portfolios...welcome akwaibomites to the next dispensation of akpabioism.. angryIts still the same setbof commissioners akpabio only with different portfolios...welcome akwaibomites to the next dispensation of akpabioism..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by stexsy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
transit4:
Akwa Ibom state governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel,
has said that his administration will not tolerate poor
performance from his commissioners and special
advisers.
Emmanuel gave the warning on Monday in Uyo at
the swearing-in ceremony of commissioners and
special advisers to form the new state executive
council.
Twenty commissioners and two special advisers
were sworn in for the different Ministries,
Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in the state.
The governor urged the new members of the state
executive council to eschew ethnicity, favouritism
and parochial sentiment in the discharge of duties in
the state.
He advised the cabinet members to aim high in
terms of meeting the demand of their various MDAs.
“You have joined the crew at a very crucial point of
the journey. The expectations are high, and you
cannot afford to fail the people.
“We expect you to draw from your fierce analytic
intellect to boost our programmes and policies.
“We want results not excuses, like Benjamin
Franklin said he who is good at giving excuses is
seldom good for anything else. Do not fail to deliver
accordingly,” Emmanuel appealed.
He charged the appointees to read the policy thrust
of his administration and use them as guide in daily
running of their offices.
“Our commitment to industrialisation is irrevocable.
We know that through industrialisation, we shall
rewrite the Akwa Ibom story in employment and
wealth creation,” Emmanuel said.
He noted that industrialisation remained the only
vehicle to drive the economy to the highest level of
economic ascendancy.
The governor said that the state was poised to copy
the Chinese example in its pursuit of
industrialisation.
“China’s achievements provide an archetypal
example for us. It shall be our paradigm of
development that shall open up our land to endless
possibilities.
“I expect you to justify your selection into the crack
team of this administration. Continue to shine the
beacon of competence and seize the many bright
opportunities before us.
“We may have begun this industrial race behind
others but with your sheer passion and
commitment, we can hit the finish line in time,”
Emmanuel said.
He urged the commissioners and the special
advisers to put in their best to create opportunities
for better life for all Akwa Ibom persons.
The governor expressed the hope that with
commitment and visionary leadership, the state had
the potential to join the league of industrialised
states in Nigeria.
Some of the commissioners sworn in were Aniekan
Umanah, Godwin Ntigudeh, Barrister Emmanuel
Eniodem, Ewwem Nwoke, Enobong Ewah and Etido
Nyang, who served in the administration of Godswill
Akpabio, Emmanuel’s predecessor.
Others are Aniekan Akpan, Ekong Samson Elizabeth
Obot, Glory Edet, Emphrain Nyang and Martin
Emphraim.
Its Godwin Ntukideh, Emmanuel Enoidem, Uwem Nwoko, Eno-obong Uwah, Etido Inyang,......stupid journalism, common spelling u guys cant cross check before selling d news......only in naija shaaaa
source:

www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/07/06/gov-emmanuel-swears-in-commissioners-reads-riot-act/
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Opinedecandid(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
I'm from Akwa Ibom.

Obong Attah performed.

Obong Akpabio super-performed.

Deacon Udom will certainly over-performed.

Abiak ake biak.

Haters jump into the next keke out of town

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by mmsen: 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
transit4:

he had setup a ten man committee to oversee the project.. the annoying thing is that he added an Igbo man to the list

What's the problem with an Igbo man being on the list?

People like you are the problem with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by bnovative(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
psucc:

No just that the Igbos almost took over the civil service and other agencies of that state during the Maradona Akpabio regime.
Does it make u feel good when you spread false information? Akwa ibom state civil service published it annual report, which has all the names of civil servants and their local govt. of origin; look for one and verify.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by mmsen: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
Opinedecandid:
I'm from Akwa Ibom.

Obong Attah performed.

Obong Akpabio super-performed.

Deacon Udom will certainly over-performed.

Abiak ake biak.

Haters jump into the next keke out of town

Not sure about Attah but it's clear what Akpabio did.

Attah may have created the blueprint but he wasn't able to put much in action, from what I saw. It was during Akpabio's time that I saw real change.

For everyone who wants to talk about 'allocation' - for many years Rivers State, Bayelsa and Delta far exceeded what AKS got and did not come close to doing what Akpabio administration was able to do.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2015
Reciprocate gesture when your #1 is not invested in their state?
transit4:

The Igbos should reciprocate those gestures first
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Kingspin(m): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
transit4:

hahahaha i thought u were biafran grin grin grin grin
U be Oduduwa?
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
transit4:

he had setup a ten man committee to oversee the project.. the annoying thing is that he added an Igbo man to the list
you seem to be stupid not to have known that in Ukanafun LGA has an Indigenous Igbo of Ndoki tribe? The Nwoke you are seing as the commisioner is probably an Ndoki man in akwaibom state

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by bnovative(m): 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
ekefre4:
I just hv a feeling dat dia man will perform
Mr. Udom Emmanuel is a
corporate strategist and an
experienced private sector
player. With over 23 years
cognate experience in financial
services garnered from
PricewaterHouseCoopers,
Diamond Bank and Zenith Bank,
he is authorized by the Financial
Services Authority (FSA) to
carry-out financial services in
the United Kingdom. At Zenith
Bank, he was always sent to
develop new branches across
the globe . His employers knew
his capabilities of making a
dead stream an ocean. He
developed the Zenith Bank in
United Kingdom; Zenith Bank –
Gambia; Zenith Bank – Sierra
Leone; Zenith Insurance; Zenith
Pensions and Custodian; Zenith
Securities; Zenith Trustees ,
Zenith Registrars and turned all
these positions to the treasure
base of the Zenith Bank group.
It was his uncommon
performance that earned him
the position of a director in a
Bank that he is never a
shareholder.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
akwa ibom people are gullible .you have been played.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by sutst: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
nigerianvenom:
That's my governor. I entered eket today n was suprised at what d saw. Dis man will surpasses akpabio.

Akwa ibom, the new deal.
pls what did u see
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by poseidon12: 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
Gulbis:
akwa ibom people are gullible .you have been played.

May be we should all be "gullible" so that Nigeria will be as beautiful and clean as Akwa Ibom.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by mildflame: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
kenedy175:
And our Daura president is yet to appoint ministers

Well he is MAN ENOUGH to take his own decisions, not dis PA of Akpabio

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by sutst: 12:00am On Jul 07, 2015
The promise of industrialization in Akwa Ibom will receive a boost as the Ground Breaking ceremony for a Bus Assembly/ Armoured Personnel Carrier Plant at Ikot Ukap, Ekim and Obong Itam in Italy Local Government Area will be performed by Governor Udom Emmanuel on July 13 , 2015. Dropping the hint after a courtesy call on him by Executive officers of the Isreali Company , MIMSHAC at his office on July 1 , 2015, Governor Emmanuel disclosed that , 20 hectres of land has already been acquired in Itu for the siting of the company which will assemble luxury Apollo series buses, armoured Personnel carriers and other utility vehicles including fire fighting and recue vans , riot control vehicles, ambulance / intensive care unit & cash delivery vans as well as multi purpose mini buses. Earlier, the leader of the Isreali delegation , Mr Valentino Okorie , President / CEO MIMSHAC Group Africa Exclusive Agent of Merkavim said that , Merkavim is a leading manufacturer of special purpose vehicles and systems with more than 30 years of experience. Okorie further explained that , over this period , they have designed, built and supplied specialized utility vehicles and buses to governments and municipals in more than 30 countries of the world . Also expressing appreciation to the Akwa Ibom State Government for creating the enabling environment and conducive investor friendly atmosphere for them to come in , Mr Micha Miksner - Merkavim said, his company Merkavim is happy to invest in Akwa Ibom and become a major player in the Nigerian economy as the company will manufacture and export vehicles and security and other military equipments with a guarantee of about 3, 000 jobs for the people. Governor Udom Emmanuel who welcomed the business delegation commended their foresight and choice of Akwa Ibom to invest, assuring them that , this was in tandem with his pledge to industrialize Akwa Ibom State and a very vital part of his Five Agenda programme for the States economic and industrial transformation. The governor gave his word that , his administration will continue to create a conducive atmosphere for business, commerce and industry to thrive in the state and reiterated his call to investors to take advantage of the opportunity to invest in he state . It will be recalled that , during his campaign at Itu Local Government, Governor Emmanuel had promised that he will site an Armoured personnel Carrier plant in Itu Local Government Area . Pundits say , this move is a fulfilment of his promise and a firm proof that , Governor Emmanuel is serious about making good all his campaign pledges to the Akwa Ibom people . Other members of the delegation from Merkavim include , Mr. Rami Tesler – Merkavim, VP Marketing , Mr . Yuval Ganani – EY Partner, Mr Ronen Golan – special adviser international business development . And Mr Gil Golan – VP business development / international sales Meanwhile preparations are in top gear for the ground breaking ceremony for the plant at Itu with the people grateful that the Governor Emmanuel is beginning his industrialization drive in their council area , while 20 twenty Akwa Ibom State indigenes are on their way to Israel for training .
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 07, 2015
poseidon12:

May be we should all be "gullible" so that Nigeria will be as beautiful and clean as Akwa Ibom.
another ignorant dunce with foam for brain.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Cletus244(m): 12:57am On Jul 07, 2015
Thank God Ephraim Inyang is there
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
you seem to be stupid not to have known that in Ukanafun LGA has an Indigenous Igbo of Ndoki tribe? The Nwoke you are seing as the commisioner is probably an Ndoki man in akwaibom state

you need to reset you brain.. Ukanafun is not Ndoki. Ukanafun people were originally part of the Ukana in Essien Udim, still Akwa Ibom state

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 07, 2015
Ewu did I say that ukanafun is Ndoki? I stated that indigenous Igbo are in the local govt
transit4:

you need to reset you brain.. Ukanafun is not Ndoki. Ukanafun people were originally part of the Ukana in Essien Udim, still Akwa Ibom state

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
Ewu did I say that ukanafun is Ndoki? I stated that indigenous Igbo are in the local govt

You are mad.. swear, you have visited ukanafun before.. you are confused
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by marieolae(f): 6:11am On Jul 07, 2015
smiley
Simitrendy:
Am a Space booker. Dedicated to my girlfriend marieolae lool
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by DTaj: 6:23am On Jul 07, 2015
I just pity Governor Udom Emmanuel as Godswill Akpabio has encircled him totally.

Akpabio single-handedly nominated 15 out of the 20 s0-called Commissioners that Udom had just sworn in (15 out of 20!!!). Akpabio nominated ALL the members of the Akwa-Ibom State House of Assembly and imposed a Speaker on them.

Akpabio, as a Senator based in Abuja, still uses Government House cars; Akpabio still passes the night in the Governor's Lodge in Uyo; Akpabio still flies the jet owned by the Akwa Ibom State Government!

Udom is a very intelligent, urbane banker- we are waiting to see how he will handle this albatross called Senator (ex-Governor) Akpabio!

Should they (the godson and the godfather) not fight within 2 years, it would amount to a miracle!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 07, 2015
transit4:

You are mad.. swear, you have visited ukanafun before.. you are confused

Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Akan(m): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
what are they doing there, they should be repatriated sharply to Igbo land
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Shantyken(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2015
mmsen:

Not sure about Attah but it's clear what Akpabio did.

Attah may have created the blueprint but he wasn't able to put much in action, from what I saw. It was during Akpabio's time that I saw real change.

For everyone who wants to talk about 'allocation' - for many years Rivers State, Bayelsa and Delta far exceeded what AKS got and did not come close to doing what Akpabio administration was able to do.
after d 13% allocatn gov attah 4ught for, aks tops ok
Re: Governor Udom Swears In Commissioners (pics) by Youngpo413: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2015
Mprepz:
Am i still seeing Akpabio's boys!?[b][/b]
sure,Akpabio is still ruling indirectly

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says / FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months / APC Supporters, Others Fight Dirty Over Umahi’s ₦50,000 Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.