Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof (2370 Views)

Flat Roof Design Vs. Pitched Roof / 10 Common Reasons Why Roof Leak in Nigeria / How Much Will It Cost Me To Roof A 2 Flat Apartment(2bedrm/3bedrm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof by msogunro: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
Greetings All -

I've been a silent member of Nairaland for quite sometime, but I'm now stepping forward to tap into the experience and knowledge of its members.

Please excuse me if I use incorrect construction terminology.

I would like to know if there is a functional difference between flat and raised roofs? Will the installation of a flat roof cost less than a raised roof over the same sqm of living space? I'm assuming it would cost less because less material will be used.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof by Meritgoal(m): 12:51am On Jul 07, 2015
Yes it will cost less, cause the height of roof determines the area qty. Where is the location of your project? May be we can help you in any way. We do stonecoated roof and aluminium longspan. 07038092452.
Re: Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof by msogunro: 1:18am On Jul 07, 2015
Thank you for your reply.

We've not yet settled on a location. The search continues, but my wife and I are already discussing the style of the home so I wanted to confirm the raised roofs only purpose is to cover the living spaces.

Are there any advantages in a raised roof over a flat roof?
Re: Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof by Meritgoal(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2015
Yes, a raised roof drops water freely and faster than a flat roof thereby leakage is avoided. And the beauty of the material profile used on the roof is more obvious, which add value and taste to the structure as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Raised Roof Vs Flat Roof by msogunro: 10:07pm On May 23, 2016
My dream of a roof-top deck is slowly slipping away.

I'd like to get a second opinion from the experienced builders on Nairaland (others are welcome to respond).

The image attached is not my house, nor is it my proposed house but I want a rooftop deck similar to what you see. The only difference is the rooftop deck I am hoping for will be above my dinning and guest room, not a garage.

Would a rooftop deck for entertainment require the same level of support that is required for decking that will be used to support first level living (bedrooms, masters suite, additional cement blocks)?

Can a thin slab be poured for the deck? Is there an alternative to achieve a roof top deck?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Price Aluminium Casement Window / Very Big Warehouse For Sale At Abule Egba Axis Lagos At 150m Asking Price. / Self Contained Apartment Needed In Apapa, Ogudu, Ikeja, Or Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.