Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark (7563 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / CBN BVN Enrolment Now In UK (screenshot) / CBN Extends Deadline For BVN Enrolment To 31 October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by kingphilip(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2015
The nationwide enrolment of banks’ Biometric Verification Numbers, BVN, has reached a landmark of 15 million customers, just as United Bank for Africa, UBA introduced a simplified process for registration.

The simplified process of registration is to complete the exercise so that customers who registered in other banks can link their BVN to UBA account automatically rather than going into the branch to do it physically.

Group Managing Director/CEO of UBA, Mr. Phillips Oduoza, who disclosed this, yesterday, said “UBA’s initiative will help give a tremendous boost to the overall success of the exercise.

“With 2.7 million registrations as at today Monday July 6, 2015, UBA is currently the leading bank in BVN registrations among banks in Nigeria. We invite all customers to take advantage of this innovation, one of many initiatives of the bank to provide convenient banking solutions and excellent service to our customers.

Commenting on the challenges that people in Diaspora are likely to face as a result of the introduction of BVN, he said “The banking industry is working on a solution to solving the problem because without the BVN they cannot be able to do any transaction in the banking industry.

Transactions such as foreign exchange, Internet banking, transfers, among others, would be difficult to execute, hence the need to get them registered.”

According to him: “BVN is going to be another revolution in this country just like we had in the telecom industry. It is a good thing for the country and the people and that is where cashless economy is taking us to. Consumer finance is what drives the development of a country and cost of doing business will go down when this commences fully.”

Meanwhile, leveraging on its robust information technology infrastructure, UBA launched a short code number *919*6# through which customers can send their BVN to automatically link their respective accounts. In his words

“The process is very simple. All a customer has to do is to send his or her valid BVN from the telephone number that was used to open their account to the short code number and it will become automatically linked their account with the bank” Mr. Rasheed Adegoke, Director, Group Information Technology, UBA Plc has stated.

The introduction of this simplified process was in response to some of the challenges associated with the ongoing BVN exercise. “UBA has come up with this novel process to ensure that customers who already have their BVN do not have any issues submitting it to their alternate banks” explained Adegoke.

Once customers submit their BVN through the code, they will get an immediate response letting them know whether their BVN is valid or incorrect. The responses will be accompanied by a phone number through which further enquiries can be made by the customers if required. In addition to this phone number, customers can also reach UBA on social media though Facebook and twitter or by calling UBA’s Customer Fulfilment Centre for further clarifications.

All information extracted from http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/bvn-enrolment-hits-15million-mark/
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by kingphilip(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2015
I was in Access bank yesterday for some transaction.. When I expecting to see a little queue somewhere inside the banking hall as regards BVN but to my greatest surprise there was no single soul I now remembered the Nigerian factor of waiting till few days before deadline before taking action..

Please and please if peradventure you are seeing this post and haven't done your BVN or linked your BVN to other accounts please do it doesn't take over 15 minutes to get that done waiting for October doesn't guarantee you'll do it in 2 days.

By the way this is a very welcome development from UBA because it'll surely save time and stress

4 Likes

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by boboLIL(m): 6:22am On Jul 07, 2015
shocked I was here

1 Like

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Kirinwa: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2015
Kk
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by shedrack222: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2015
Ok we have don hear, all join

Suicidal father jumps into the River with his 7 month old son see photos

[url]proudlyweb.com/suicidal-father-jumps-into-the-river-with-his-7-month-old-son[/url]
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by phiszo(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2015
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by emmanuel2015: 9:58am On Jul 07, 2015
k
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2015
Its even below my estimation. A country with almost 180 million population. I expect bank accounts from like 20%... 36 million
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by iphanyiuma(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2015
na me be 7th to register oo! grin
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2015
If I do my own next week it will be 15m+1, but in case the stress is too much, I will just continue with my colo method of saving money. No time.
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 07, 2015
Some progress.

But we all know there will still be massive queues on the 31st October deadline.

1 Like

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by pretydiva(f): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2015
Yet 2 do mine undecided
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by lonelydora: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2015
That one concern all if you wey don do am. Make una just dey go queue up dey collect 666 mark of the beast.
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by jaziridon(m): 10:01am On Jul 07, 2015
Wats our business if it reaches 20million.
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by reaky(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2015
Seriously
Am patiently waiting for d last day of October undecided
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2015
I percept the initialization of its closing date is an ingenious strategy adopted by the CBN to propel the masses to register. because no one cared to register prior to this new policy. of which I prescient they will soon make it an incessant process
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Dongreatken(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2015
k
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by mmafhew(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2015
Story for d gods
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by mekybabe1: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2015
Good to know!
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by luvly101: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2015
Good
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by asumo12: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by gbens2000(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2015
Breaking news bomb blast in sabon gari local govmt secreteriate Zaria were civil servant are carying out verification many fear dead
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by tumbez: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2015
Breaking news...bom blast hit zaria!!!!!!

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by amanze15(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmmmmm undecided lipsrsealed
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by adioolayi(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2015
kingphilip:
I was in Access bank yesterday for some transaction.. When I expecting to see a little queue somewhere inside the banking hall as regards BVN but to my greatest surprise there was no single soul I now remembered the Nigerian factor of waiting till few days before deadline before taking action..

Please and please if peradventure you are seeing this post and haven't done your BVN or linked your BVN to other accounts please do it doesn't take over 15 minutes to get that done waiting for October doesn't guarantee you'll do it in 2 days.

By the way this is a very welcome development from UBA because it'll surely save time and stress
Nigerians...Chai! when we go learn sef

1 Like

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by kelechiodo(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2015
Please what is happening to First Bank. Collected my ticket and asked me to come back after a week for my BVN. Still up till now no show
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by amanze15(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2015
lonelydora:
That one concern all if you wey don do am. Make una just dey go queue up dey collect 666 mark of the beast.
who beg U to collect
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by no2fuks(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2015
poverty rate too high a situation whereby so many people dont have bank a/c they living from hand to mouth.

1 Like

Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by deebsman1(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2015
good, but in a country of 180 million, does that mean just only 18 million people are using the banks? if so, that means a lot of opportunities still exists in that banking space in Nigeria, who knows another Jim ovia or Tony elumelu or Fola adeola will spring up in decades to come, cos all i see is just untapped opportunities. Like seriously, by this BVN being a unified account number identification, after the whole exercise, we should be able to come up with an actual number of Nigerians using banks. The figure shows that less than 10% of nigerians are banked. Even maybe at the conclusion of the exercise, may be we will have a total percentage of 20-25%, if at all. Ol boy see opportunities, i need to step up my hustle to eat from the cake o
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by Houseofglam7(f): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Issorait
Re: BVN Enrolment Hits 15million Mark by sodson11(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2015
Nigerian be like... When it is tomorrow i will go and do it till when october 31st come and queue go long pass Abiola-Tofa election

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Our Whatsapp Bitcoin Group / What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? / Binary Options Trading Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.