Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (54285 Views)

Accident In Uyo,Ambulance Carrying Corpse Collides With A Moving Van(pics) / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / Emirates Plane In ‘accident On Landing’ In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by sexaddict08(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2015
FTC second page....
good morning fellow Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by adioolayi(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

What if the faults were mechanical? Of course you didn't think about that, you thought about weed. DRUG ADDICT!

let's assume it's mechanical, don't you think he or she should have done proper maintenance check before jumping to the wheel? Your entire family members are Drug Addicts...ediot
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by ogazi4u(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
This happened yesterday at the Murtala Mohammed Airport 2 in Lagos. According to an eye witness, the left wing of the new Emirate Boeing 787 collided with the tail of Hak Air plane during take off. No casualty was reported.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/07/photo-emirates-aircraft-collides-with.html
Issokay!
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by ROCKHARDDK(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2015
Happy Birthday 2me... Even though i couldn't believe me when i turned a SixFigure PaperBoy... Moet 2all lovers, kilichi and palmy 2ma haters....
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by Sijo01(f): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2015
Are the Pilots blind angry endangering the lives of travellers any how.
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by loomer: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2015
obailala:
Nigeria sef

It can happen anywhere.

Mind you no be nigerian airlines nor pilots.

I've almost witnessed such event happen in the Netherlands na God say make the two plans no kiss

1 Like

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by david22uu(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2015
IamDino:
And passengers were in there;mehn! I can imagine their fright.
I guess the pilots been dey do on your "mass"(first to fly).
The pilots should be sanctioned for endangering lives.
this people for naira land, una no go kill person
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by ugogermany: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2015
Manythings dey happen!
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by stevebond007(m): 8:17am On Jul 07, 2015
IamDino:
And passengers were in there;mehn! I can imagine their fright.
I guess the pilots been dey do on your "mass"(first to fly).
The pilots should be sanctioned for endangering lives.

Who is this newbie ? The pilots of course always take responsibility. But have you ever heard of ground crew?
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2015
adioolayi:

let's assume it's mechanical, don't you think he or she should have done proper checking before jumping to the wheel? Your entire family members are Drug Addicts...ediot

So pilots check for mechanical faults? What would be the function of the engineers?

You really know about the wet weed you hinted at earlier. STOP SMOKING. IT'S BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

HAVE YOU NO PITY. FOR FAMILY? WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR LIFE. PLEASE STOP!
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by tochstorm(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2015
opposite route? blind pilot? too much jet engine? air race? apc-pdp air combat? or the pilot is dancing shoki with the planes steering?
why! why always nigeria? fear they catch me o e be like say under my bed no safe sef.

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by donciccio: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2015
What's the Emirates plane doing at MMA2? Is that not for local flights? Everything jaga-jaga sha

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by kpofkpof: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2015
Stelvin101:
Thank God it wasn't a disaster cause even a scratch can cause a serious damage to an airplane due to its wiring of every single part. But we're both Pilot asleep or something
I believe this was not a pilot factor, but the fault should be on the part of the Air traffic control officers

1 Like

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by ojemglo(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2015
THE PILOT DRINK ALOMO NI.THIS NIJA SEF
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by teepsee(f): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2015
Big lie. How com it's on a blog only, can't find it on any news site.

Muchweeee cheap nonsense. Na only lights I see for that pics oo.

Next!!!
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by Prodeegee(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2015
Chai! Naija...
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by gabi98(m): 8:22am On Jul 07, 2015
undecidedAre the pilot drunk ?
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by KingTom(m): 8:23am On Jul 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Confusion everywhere
It's the Daura President's fault grin
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by Nebila(f): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2015
Hmm,if I dey on board dt plane na to telll the pilot mke he wait,i go jejely come down go enter molue... d pilot dey sleep ni? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by ebanyi: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2015
bonechamberlain:
well.. transport ministry like every other is on auto pilot, expect more of this dangerous scenario
i think you r sick in d brain instead of praying for the avoidance of future occurrences of this nature you seem wishful n supportive of them....if i were to be ob dat flight n made it out safely only to tumble on your comment, i'd never be happy with
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by obailala(m): 8:28am On Jul 07, 2015
loomer:

It can happen anywhere.

Mind you no be nigerian airlines nor pilots.

I've almost witnessed such event happen in the Netherlands na God say make the two plans no kiss
In some airports, plane tracks are marked on the ground with single lines; all the pilot needs to do is to follow the lines marked on the floor and such incidents would never occur. I may be wrong but incidents like this are due to
1. pilot error
2. poor airport lighting
3. poor control by those airport traffic guys on the ground who direct the pilots.

The cause of this is most likely from no 3.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by adioolayi(m): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

So pilots check for mechanical faults? What would be the function of the engineers?

You really know about the wet weed you hinted at earlier. STOP SMOKING. IT'S BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

HAVE YOU NO PITY. FOR FAMILY? WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR LIFE. PLEASE STOP!
These are some of the functions of a pilot...
making sure all information on the route, weather, passengers and
aircraft is received;

using that information to create a flight plan, which details the
altitude for the flight, route to be taken and amount of fuel required;

ensuring the fuel levels balance safety with economy and
supervising the loading and fuelling of the aircraft;

making sure all safety systems are working properly;

briefing the cabin crew before the flight and maintaining regular
contact throughout the flight;

carrying out pre-flight checks on the navigation and operating
systems;

communicating with air traffic control before take-off and during
flight and landing;

ensuring noise regulations are followed during take-off and landing;

understanding and interpreting data from instruments and controls;

making regular checks on the aircraft's technical performance and
position, on weather conditions and air traffic during flight;

I won't give you the source....It's just like a driver jumping to the wheel without checking basic safety practice... you don't need to be an engineer to know the basic thing. I have decided not to follow out insult anymore...I know you've learnt something today...Enjoy your day grin

1 Like

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by nifemi01(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2015
lovemko:

but sha...

how could dis possibly be the pilots fault? u guys reason flyin an aircraft is same as driving a car!!!
pls help me tell them o.
Air traffic controllers should be blamed and not the pilot.
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by loomer: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2015
obailala:
In some airports, plane tracks are marked on the ground with single lines; all the pilot needs to do is to follow the lines marked on the floor and such incidents would never occur. I may be wrong but incidents like this are due to pilot error, poor airport lighting and poor control by those airport guys on the ground who direct the pilots.

This is why I wouldn't say point my finger at anyone because it may be any of those people or reasons u mentioned
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by dataland: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2015
Cheapest Mtn data bundle ever at give away price

Buy mtn data valid for a month
check my profile for more details
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2015
stevebond007:

Who is this newbie ? The pilots of course always take responsibility. But have you ever heard of ground crew?
My name no tell you who I be?
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by alsudaes1(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2015
XavierBlue:
Well, am ain't suprise, common we're in Nigeria.

XavierBlue

I seem not to understand you
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by otokx(m): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2015
All disused planes should be moved away from the airport to another place.
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2015
adioolayi:

These are some of the functions of a pilot...
making sure all information on the route, weather, passengers and
aircraft is received;

using that information to create a flight plan, which details the
altitude for the flight, route to be taken and amount of fuel required;

ensuring the fuel levels balance safety with economy and
supervising the loading and fuelling of the aircraft;

making sure all safety systems are working properly;

briefing the cabin crew before the flight and maintaining regular
contact throughout the flight;

carrying out pre-flight checks on the navigation and operating
systems;

communicating with air traffic control before take-off and during
flight and landing;

ensuring noise regulations are followed during take-off and landing;

understanding and interpreting data from instruments and controls;

making regular checks on the aircraft's technical performance and
position, on weather conditions and air traffic during flight;

I won't give you the source....It's just like a driver jumping to the wheel without checking basic safety practice... you don't need to be an engineer to know the basic thing. I have decided not to follow out insult anymore...I know you've learnt something today...Enjoy your day grin

Dimwit, so checking on the navigating system which is onboard the front deck equals checking for mechanical faults?

It's like a driver who thinks check the radiator, dashboard functions et al makes him an auto mechanic. grin

You are a big joke.grin

Should I post links to what aero-engineers do?smiley

Get off your weed, addict!

Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by eromspete(m): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2015
More blessing for you wey sabi correct something... cool

nwanna89:
Emirates does not fly 787. It occurred during taxiing and not take off. Poor
Re: Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport by Nicepoker(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2015
I need a ban.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories / Humpback Whale Nearly Swallows Kayakers In California (pic, Video) / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.