Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Hope - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Hope (770 Views)

HOPE TILL END TIME COMES By George Adefemi / Vestige Of Hope / Keeping Your Hope Alive (Inspirational Message) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hope by shafiyah: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
It was the last Friday of the month of may.it had been a wet Friday. The persisted rain had taken a break but still poised to rear.As the rain subsidided slowly ,people trooped out from their various houses to their places of work,they had been delayed by the rain , the unwilling children were being dragged to school by their parents in other not to be late,others were driven to school in their parents cars.

The streets of lagos were by this hour of the morning  busy and indeed very noisy.The hawkers traded their goods on the streets while the driver's car engine caused additional noise as commuters rushed to catch buses.
There in a beautiful yellow storey building stood aderonke  at the balcony watching the scene outside;she pitied the passengers almost getting on one another in order to get buses,she can imagine the struggle for survival.she was actually depressed although she looked comfortable.she wish she had her own child to drag to school as the case of the family without a car or even drop at the school gate and give a smile of 'bye love', she would appreciate this only if God would grant her heart desire.
As she watched like a blind bat into the sky as if she's seeing the unimaginable,tears began to trickle down her cheeks.
                           "Is God a sadist?"she wondered.
                             "Does He desire pleasure in seeing the good and faithful ones weep and gnash their teeth in agony?"
                             "why does He permit human suffering?"
                              "why does He sit in heaven and innocent children toil and suffer with a bleak hope of the future or even none at that?"
                             "and why does He allow the promiscuous ones go free from their evil and nefarious deeds and still give them children after so many
                               atrocities?"
                               "Oh my God!"Why me?Why do this to me oh God ?"
She let the tears flow slowly not knowing what else to tell God,she has totally dehumanized the extended families of her husband.As she strugged the memory of her encounter with  her husband's sisters came over her.

(1) (Reply)

The Sun Dances In Your Eyes / Love Wahala / I Love My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.