Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! (50879 Views)

"Disregard Those Calling For Restructuring" - Yahaya Bello Urges Nigerians / Ile Ife Crisis: El-Rufai Warns Those Calling For Revenge In Kaduna / Those Calling For Aisha’s Arrest Are Living In Stone Age – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by Demmzy15(m): 11:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
MrCork:

...if u don't hav television at home..go & borrow one. u telln me u don't hear IBO people say they want Nigeria to divide or else they want war?....mnaybe u need to re- ajust yor radio signal....GOAT.. u act like I been sayin somtin wrong....I lie?..YO HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNN!! (no oofeinse) undecided

Bro you're damn funny! cheesy grin
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by Octaves(m): 12:44am On Jul 08, 2015
MrCork:

....Anyways bak to the thread before bein rudely intarupted by the Homebase thing.....Plis stop talkin about the crap steeewpid senseless Gancroblankanist *Biafra* in 2015...Time has changed...to somtin more positiive like *findin a JOB*...GET OVER IT!! (no ofeinse) undecided
you wish time has changed. Keep fooling urself. Maybe you should find a job so you will have less time for Nairaland. No offence!
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 08, 2015
It is your generation that is insane! Can't you just say Igbos? Must you add insane?
transit4:
I wish the insane igbos would listen.. before starting their Biafra again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by Octaves(m): 12:46am On Jul 08, 2015
ipheoluwa22:
you call sanity has been scared....smh
pls read your post again.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by MrCork: 1:05am On Jul 08, 2015
Octaves:
you wish time has changed. Keep fooling urself. Maybe you should find a job so you will have less time for Nairaland. No offence!

... ok bro ...Be nice to me & I will post u £10 cash to buy yor sef a suit ther in Nigeria!! ( REAL TALK) smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by Octaves(m): 1:27am On Jul 08, 2015
MrCork:

... ok bro ...Be nice to me & I will post u £10 cash to buy yor sef a suit ther in Nigeria!! ( REAL TALK) smiley
you re childish. Bye
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by MrCork: 1:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Octaves:
you re childish. Bye

^^^^Angry IBO boy.... Lookhear brother, we don't want war & nobory want war..the best we can do is pray for u!! (No oofeinse) embarassed

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by ifeomabernard(f): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2015
War is Bad! people fight when they're told to, they die when they're told to, they waste their life following some fools errand, tens of thousands of people fighting for one man's greed!
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by oluamid(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmmmmm. Thought provoking thread and comments so far. Some obviously biased and others not so.

Let's take a minute to think.

It's not a bad thing to wish to go our separate ways if we feel we don't have a sense of belonging in the Nigerian project. After all, save for the politicians and their ilk who are milking our national cow dry, who can really say he/she feels a sense of belonging? When it comes to the National cake, I tell you, tribal sentiments take a back seat.

However, you can't right a wrong by committing another wrong. War, especially in the Nigerian context, will never produce anything good. Either for the 'victor' or the 'vanquished'.

At the core of every human (including even the Boko haram) is the need to exist. Have you asked yourself why Boko Haram are detonating bombs strapped on captured and helpless girls? It is quiet simple, they don't want to lose their lives. Recall the recent offensive by the military after the six weeks extention of the election dates. What happened to the extremists "who were ready to sacrifice their lives" in order to achieve their cause? They ran away. No more grandstanding or taking over territories or trying to take on the Nigerian Army head on. They are back to their hit-and-run tactics. That shows you that even the Boko Haram value their lives.

If you think the best way to achieve a new country for yourselves is to go to war, the question is: are you ready to sacrifice your life? Are you really ready to get killed in action only for those who didn't even participate in the war to be the ones to share the booty. Check out most of the surviving Biafran soldiers (I'm using them as examples because the soldiers who fought on the Federal side seem to have the better end of the stick), can you really say the war made their lives better or would they have had it better if there was no war? As for the dead, there's a saying that 'dead men bear no tales' and they are now only remembered as statistics.

Let's say for a moment that your side win the war, will you be able to live with yourself knowing that you were part of those who orchestrated the dead of thousands if not millions of women and children (they are usually the ones who suffer most)?

Like I said at the beginning of this post, it is not a bad thing to want a separate country. However, calling for war is not the best way to go about it. As for those saying Radio Biafra haven't done any wrong, I'll like to remind you of the Rwandan radio station and the "kill the cockroaches" broadcast which was the immediate cause of the genocide in that country.

Let's seek for Nigeria's dissolution through diplomatic means. Petition your National Assembly reps to push for referendum if that's what you want. Desist from hate posts against other tribes, because we are largely in this together. It is a pity that this fight which ought to be us against the thieving politicians has been manipulated to a war between the different tribes.

Let's us stop beating the drums of war, it's is an ill wind which will blow nobody any good.

2 Likes

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by cheruv: 10:44am On Jul 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Lalasticlala, I am beginning to think you are biased. This thread is on front page but I created a thread about the fulani who have already started their own war and you refused to move it to front page. I smh at you. embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/2430788/fulani-question-will-buhari-also-grant

cc Seun, Afam4eva, Ikenna351 & Ishilove.
He's biased..just like OAM4J
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by cheruv: 10:56am On Jul 08, 2015
meforyou1:
there is a saying in igbo that because people die in fights should not make us to stop fighting.
Anaghi aso mgbagbu ghara ogu tongue

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:17am On Jul 09, 2015
MrCork:

....really...can thoise IBO boys P square , kano nwanko, jay jay okosha..spek English..but guess wot, they have more moiney u will only dream about...I gots somtin called GORRILA MOINEY ...moiney talks, ma nigga!(DO THE MATHS) wink

Quite funny to notice the fact that, for all the money you allegedly have, it seems not to be enough to buy you common sense. But then again, just like you aptly pointed out, you have GORILLA MONEY, you could only afford gorilla brains/sense. Guess that explains a lot then.

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

I don't have to look up those words because I already looked up the most important word of all and that is "Nigeria" and that came up as "The fraudulent creation of the white man". That alone is enough reason for me to assume my right of self determination as an Igbo man and seek my own country.

So, you looked up Nigeria and you saw it as a fraudulent creation of the white man? Well, newsflash dude, so are Ghana, Senegal, Togo, Benin, etc and the rest of the other African countries that were colonized. You don't see them all fighting each other or asking to break up. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, can you kindly answer my earlier question?
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

You must be one of those Igbos who was born or maybe raised outside Igbo land. The way you wrote 'Mbanu' is an indication of this. I don't expect all Igbos to fight (if it ever comes to that) ,infact, I don't expect all Igbos to support Biafra. There will be a minority who don't want it. Im happy that those like you who are prepared to accept perpetual servitude are in the minority.

So, for your mind you are in servitude abi? I was born and brought up in Enugu. Lived there for close to 23 years, and I can assure you that if Igbos start any silly thing called uprising, I will be the first to cross the border and cool my head for Benin Republic until dem finish their fight. Even if they win and get their Biafra, I still won't be coming back anytime soon cos I know the fight is only just beginning.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by zendy: 11:37am On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

So, you looked up Nigeria and you saw it as a fraudulent creation of the white man? Well, newsflash dude, so are Ghana, Senegal, Togo, Benin, etc and the rest of the other African countries that were colonized. You don't see them all fighting each other or asking to break up. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, can you kindly answer my earlier question?

Just the Igbo tribe is larger than each of those countries you mentioned in terms of population. So why don't have my own country yet? Why am I still flying the banner of Lord Lugard? Your original question is irrelevant. This is not English class. The only thing you need to understand is that as an Igbo man, if I do not want to be with you for whatever reason, then you have no business being with me.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by zendy: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

So, for your mind you are in servitude abi? I was born and brought up in Enugu. Lived there for close to 23 years, and I can assure you that if Igbos start any silly thing called uprising, I will be the first to cross the border and cool my head for Benin Republic until dem finish their fight. Even if they win and get their Biafra, I still won't be coming back anytime soon cos I know the fight is only just beginning.

You're just a coward. But that's ok. Lucky for you, there are people like me willing to fight if it ever comes to that.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

Just the Igbo tribe is larger than each of those countries you mentioned in terms of population. So why don't have my own country yet? Why am I still flying the banner of Lord Lugard? Your original question is irrelevant. This is not English class. The only thing you need to understand is that as an Igbo man, if I do not want to be with you for whatever reason, then you have no business being with me.

Really Igbo tribe is larger than the other countries in Africa? Wow. Where did you get that your statistical inference from? Your butt? Na wa o. So, the Ashantis that had their own nation before are agitating to be separated from the white man creation called Ghana, and so are the Zulus too, abi? The way you reason is the problem with many Igbos today. We tend to be too myopic in our views. Asi na onwu na egbu nwa nkita adiro ekwe ya nnuru isi nsi. If you like be ready to fight and die for Biafra. If you like, let a million more join you to arms. In your mind, the end justifies the means. I wonder what you will say if your expected end never materializes at all.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

You're just a coward. But that's ok. Lucky for you, there are people like me willing to fight if it ever comes to that.

Lol. Granted, I'm a coward. But let me remind you of this quote by Chinua Achebe, "It is praiseworthy to be brave and fearless, but sometimes it is better to be a coward. We often stand in the compound of a coward to point at the ruins where a brave man used to live." Do remember that before you go off to war again.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by zendy: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Really Igbo tribe is larger than the other countries in Africa? Wow. Where did you get that your statistical inference from? Your butt? Na wa o

Of course. Using Ghana for example. Ghana is one of the largest Countries in West-Africa with a population of 27 Million people. Igbos on the other hand are estimated to be between 35-50 million. Do the maths.

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

Of course. Using Ghana for example. Ghana is one of the largest Countries in West-Africa with a population of 27 Million people. Igbos on the other hand are estimated to be between 35-50 million. Do the maths.

Dude, you seem to have more statistical facts up ur a.r.s.e than the National Bureau of Statistics. If you read that post, you will discover my statement was and I quote
"so are Ghana, Senegal, Togo, Benin, etc and the rest of the other African countries that were colonized"
. So, out of all the countries colonized in Africa, you singled Ghana and used it to apply to the rest of Africa. You see how your brain works? And this is how u intend to lead an uprising abi? I dey pity those wey wan follow u to their death sha.

Anyway, make I no talk too much, here is a better link showing with statistical proof of the populations of most African tribes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_ethnic_groups_of_Africa

Granted, Igbos are much but they are not the largest. And before you start spewing trash about being in servitude and oppressed next time, take a look at your neighbours up north africa called Egypt. The plight of the Copts there has been terrible being the fact that they are minority and also christians. Almost every year, you will hear of attacks and bombings in the Coptic churches and yet you don't see them trying to secede like you are trying to get the rest of us to do. If you claim to be marginalised and oppressed, please tell me how so and also, what have you don about it before you want to secede. I bet you, if that war indeed comes, you will be the first to bail out and seek asylum and claim refugee in another country.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
@zendy, Read these links and tell me if you have started experiencing that in Nigeria please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Copts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copts#Persecution_and_discrimination_in_Egypt
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by zendy: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, you seem to have more statistical facts up ur a.r.s.e than the National Bureau of Statistics. If you read that post, you will discover my statement was and I quote . So, out of all the countries colonized in Africa, you singled Ghana and used it to apply to the rest of Africa. You see how your brain works? And this is how u intend to lead an uprising abi? I dey pity those wey wan follow u to their death sha.

Anyway, make I no talk too much, here is a better link showing with statistical proof of the populations of most African tribes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_ethnic_groups_of_Africa

Granted, Igbos are much but they are not the largest. And before you start spewing trash about being in servitude and oppressed next time, take a look at your neighbours up north africa called Egypt. The plight of the Copts there has been terrible being the fact that they are minority and also christians. Almost every year, you will hear of attacks and bombings in the Coptic churches and yet you don't see them trying to secede like you are trying to get the rest of us to do. If you claim to be marginalised and oppressed, please tell me how so and also, what have you don about it before you want to secede. I bet you, if that war indeed comes, you will be the first to bail out and seek asylum and claim refugee in another country.

I don't know why you're making unnecessary argument. Even if Igbos are not persecuted and Nigeria was richer than the USA, it would still be the integral right of the Igbos to decide for themselves if they want to be part of Nigeria or not. The reasons for the secession are not as important as the right to secede.

2 Likes

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by MrCork: 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Quite funny to notice the fact that, for all the money you allegedly have, it seems not to be enough to buy you common sense. But then again, just like you aptly pointed out, you have GORILLA MONEY, you could only afford gorilla brains/sense. Guess that explains a lot then.

..bro but serrriously..why do broke Homebase guys like u all ways wans challenge we London big boys when u clarly no I can change yo life wit pounds stalin?....can u aford 3 square meal?..hav u eatin today? (no ofeense) undecided

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
MrCork:

..bro but serrriously..why do broke Homebase guys like u all ways wans challenge we London big boys when u clarly no I can change yo life wit pounds stalin?....can u aford 3 square meal?..hav u eatin today? (no ofeense) undecided

Lol. Glad to see you are enjoying your "pounds stalin" in London. Oh, about your question.... Erm, let's see. Does eating a plate of jollof rice with two big wraps of okpa di oku, topped off with some ketchup for brunch ,count as a meal? I don't know o, maybe it's less than a square meal, but you should know bro, after all you are based in London and I'm just a broke "homebase" guy.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
zendy:

I don't know why you're making unnecessary argument. Even if Igbos are not persecuted and Nigeria was richer than the USA, it would still be the integral right of the Igbos to decide for themselves if they want to be part of Nigeria or not. The reasons for the secession are not as important as the right to secede.

Yeah right, reason for secession isn't as important as the right to secede. Well, sorry to disappoint you, you will need to earn that right to secede and until you do, you have no such rights and any act of secession will be seen as high treason. So, good luck with that.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
@zendy, can you please educate us on how it is your integral right to secede?
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by MrCork: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

Lol. Glad to see you are enjoying your "pounds stalin" in London. Oh, about your question.... Erm, let's see. Does eating a plate of jollof rice with two big wraps of okpa di oku, topped off with some ketchup for brunch ,count as a meal? I don't know o, maybe it's less than a square meal, but you should know bro, after all you are based in London and I'm just a broke "homebase" guy.

..calm down u broke church rat...again..do u realice u talkin to a Londoner?...do u want me to embarass u wit moiney?...be nice to me & I will post u £10 to buy suit ther in that Nigeria! (no ofeense) undecided

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by nigerianium: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
MrCork:

^^^^Angry IBO boy.... Lookhear brother, we don't want war & nobory want war..the best we can do is pray for u!! (No oofeinse) embarassed

So MrCork is a closet tribal bigot? There I was thinking you're detribalized.undecided
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by zendy: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
@zendy, can you please educate us on how it is your integral right to secede?

Let me put it this way. A wife or husband has the right to leave a marriage at any time, even a day after wedding. There maybe a waiting time for the court process, there maybe dowries to return and assets to share but any of them can leave at will at any time and for whatever reason.These are even people who signed before an instrument recognised by Law to be together. In the case of Nigeria, not only is the country a fraud because the various ethnic groups where forced into it against their will by Lord Lugard and his west African Fronteer force, it also has no legitimacy because those ethnic groups never came together to agree or sign anything to be together. To even question the right of the Igbos to secede from this fraudulent arrangement called Nigeria set up by the British is an insult. Even Britain that created Nigeria recognised the righ of secession of one of its constituent people, the Scottish people, and granted them a referendum last year to stay or go. There was no noise. The principle here is that you cannot and should not force anyone who wants to go their own way to be with you in a civilised world.
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by MrCork: 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

loookhear brother...I am not on yor Level any day..London u nevar been..moiney u don't hav...Aeroplane u navr enter...even ordnnary £28,000 Range rover spot, u can nevar afford.....so pli I beg u...STay on yor lane..Broke people like u r sopose to stay on yo lane! (no ofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by TemmyWon(f): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2015
This mrcock goon should be banned for xt sake. he's intolerant and abusive. I just don't like the mass of poo I'm human shape. arhgg. we on it fool
Re: WAR Is HELL - A Message For All Those Calling For War! by illiad: 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
transit4:

before I answer u, I wish to advice that the igbos should go to school and stop murdering English language on nairaland..

my point is, the igbos that think the ibibios would be cowed again into Biafra, are superlatively insane

A VERY MISERABLE VIEW FROM AN OVERLY MISERABLE OAF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fact-Check: Did Twitter Claim Ignorance Of Buhari As Nigeria's President? / Governor Fayose Welcomes Osinbajo To Ekiti (Photos) / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.