Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin (1139 Views)

Startimes Operations Manager Dies From Fire Burn Months To Wedding(Graphic Pics) / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? / My Mother-In-law Visits Too Often, How Do I Deal With That? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by intercom: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please what are the effects or dangers if you mother Inlaw to be (MIL) does not really appreciate you coming to marry their daughter, allthough they have not come out rightly to stop you, but you could see it on their welcoming actitude. and this is due to you present financial position for now. Will it be right for me to go ahead or i should stop and plead with them to give me sometime to go and get all the money that will be needed for the marriage and the wedding plains and will come back to continue with the preparation. Pls great minds advise me
Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by Wendy80(f): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
U don't need to 'go and get' money you don't have just to please your MIL. Do things within your means and pls make sure your wife to be is on your side cos if she's on her Mum's side or an 'Omo mummy' then u are in for a long rough ride.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by snakebeat: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
What was ur expectation before now? That's d way it is man, na strong head poor men take dey marry for this country na. U were expecting her to welcome u with open arms? Just go ahead with the marriage plans my brother, as time goes on things will improve, & when the money start raking in, ur MIL will be ur best pal. Don't let her attitude deter u, that's the way women are. But hope her daughter is on ur side? smiley
Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by efemenaslectura: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
snakebeat:
What was ur expectation before now? That's d way it is man, na strong head poor men take dey marry for this country na. U were expecting her to welcome u with open arms? Just go ahead with the marriage plans my brother, as time goes on things will improve, & when the money start raking in, ur MIL will be ur best pal. Don't let her attitude deter u, that's the way women are. But hope her daughter is on ur side? smiley
bad advier Kontinu

op you better get the kind of job that will sustain your and your wife because even if she's not omo mummy she'll start hating you and everything you do begins to piss her off. Remember the line between love and hate is very thin. Love can metamorphose to hate when the money is barely enough to live a decent life compared to when she was with h her parents

God should now finish you let one baba alaye be flashing money in her eye then come back and tell me whether she'll still do surulere with you

Yorubas say omo tani ishe wun ko so fun mi

whi likes poverty and suffering when someone is flashing a luxurious life to your face in the midst of God will do it

instead of you talking about marriage you better make that money then come back and tell me whether dangote needs to do anything to make his mother inlaw love him. Infact the respect will naturally come. Sit down there and be talking about marriage when you've not yet sorted out yourself forst

1 Like

Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by efemenaslectura: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wendy80:
U don't need to 'go and get' money you don't have just to please your MIL. Do things within your means and pls make sure your wife to be is on your side cos if she's on her Mum's side or an 'Omo mummy' then u are in for a long rough ride.

op if you follow this advice I pity your life

I will tell you what no married woman will tell you. Infact they won't even admit it but it doesn't change the fact that it's true

First of all How many rich men do you see their wives disrespecting them and talking to them anyhow whether in public or private? grin

the meaning is that the level of money you have will determine the respect your wife or your inlaws will give you. grin

1 Like

Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
if its too obvious, tell your fiance you want to hold on a while.
Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by snakebeat: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
efemenaslectura:
bad advier Kontinuop you better get the kind of job that will sustain your and your wife because even if she's not omo mummy she'll start hating you and everything you do begins to piss her off. Remember the line between love and hate is very thin. Love can metamorphose to hate when the money is barely enough to live a decent life compared to when she was with h her parents
God should now finish you let one baba alaye be flashing money in her eye then come back and tell me whether she'll still do surulere with you
Yorubas say omo tani ishe wun ko so fun mi
whi likes poverty and suffering when someone is flashing a luxurious life to your face in the midst of God will do it
instead of you talking about marriage you better make that money then come back and tell me whether dangote needs to do anything to make his mother inlaw love him. Infact the respect will naturally come. Sit down there and be talking about marriage when you've not yet sorted out yourself forst
Are u suggestin d op should make money like dangote before he marry?

1 Like

Re: My Mother-in-law (MIL) 2 Be Does Not Really Welcome Me Even @ 3 Months To Weddin by efemenaslectura: 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
snakebeat:

Are u suggestin d op should make money like dangote before he marry?
no! But at least he should make the kind of money that will be enough to take care of the responsibilities of being a married man without borrowing or begging

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The DNA Test Result / 20 Amazing DIY Recyling Ideas / Parent And Child unclothedness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.