Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

N95 Phone BackUp*** - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N95 Phone BackUp*** (1370 Views)

Mikuya Safe Phone Backup And Security App - Backup Contacts, SMS, Photo, Audio / Has Anyone Used This Mikuyasafe Phone Backup Solution? / Cellulike Phone Backup And Security -now In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2009
i observed an abnormality in my phone today,i just went ahead to format it.b4 i did that,i removed my memory card and backup my stuffs.After everything,i click on restore from my nokia pc suite and it restored everything and ask to be rebooted.To my chargrin and amazement,when the phone came on lo and behold the back up was not efficacious.It's not funny because,i didn't back up my contact anywhere.Guyz what do u think might be wrong? sad sad sad sad sad
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2009
Most back ups dont work. .u shuld've synchronised. .by d way, which version of pc suite??
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by DualCore1: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2009
Ha, honsule! The backup was not what?! U really got issues wit lay man's lingo, innit?
Sorry abt ur lost stuff, i really dnt think anything can be done now, or u might wonno revert to older backups(if any).
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2009
dragnet:

Most back ups dont work. .u shuld've synchronised. .by d way, which version of pc suite??

v 7.0.8.2 i just extracted my 542 contacts using NBU CONTACTS EXTRACTOR am still on it
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 2:21pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Dragnet.the NBU contacts extrator is a long process.i can't just find the place where it extracted the vcards files to.i got a better option.NOKIA CONTACT TRANSFER under 3 minutes it transferred my backup contacts into my phone direct. smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink cool cool cool cool
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by just2nice(m): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
So,you have successfully transferred your contacts to your phone now,right?
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2009
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
just2nice:

So,you have successfully transferred your contacts to your phone now,right?

yes i have.but i just observe that,whenever i reboot the phone it kept on installing unknown stuff.let me just re-install my themes,guess that would solve the problem.
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2009
Good 4u cheesy . . .as for that "re-installing" unkn0wn stuffs, I always experience such too . .is there any way of preventing such?
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by Infoseye(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2009
shocked pele God will do it, have u checked nokia website for solutions?
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by DualCore1: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2009
Dang he got he's contacts back! Now he'll c my number to call me 4 d money i owe him, lol. Aight thanks 4 d dl link, shld come in handy one day.
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2009
Lolz grin
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Dragnet.the worst aspect of it is that,my N-gage games i can't just find any one of them.am trying to re-install another but the stuff is not just installing.Too much stress /distraction for a day.i didn't bargain for this. sad sad sad
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2009
pele ! grin
Just start all over again smiley
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2009
i won't dream of hard formatting my phone again.starting everything all over again.when i solve the problem of "installing" whenever i reboot my phone i will let u know.meanwhile,let me continue where i stopped-my project.LAW 599
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2009
I thought the rule is "formatting should be the last option" grin
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2009
@dragnet.i have solved the problem of 'installing' whenever i restart my phone.
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by initialize(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2009
How did you solve it?
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by dragnet: 5:24am On Mar 07, 2009
d guy needs cane !! Must we ask b4 u tell how u solved it? undecided
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by hayprof(m): 5:56am On Mar 07, 2009
dragnet:

Good 4u cheesy . . .as for that "re-installing" unkn0wn stuffs, I always experience such too . .is there any way of preventing such?

I guess, in new N95 nd the like firmwares, . u get such errors wen u install THEMES in MASS STORAGE OR MEMORY CARD

. .I believe i once told honsule about hw to solve it, wen he asked !

brb, let me find the shot **
Re: N95 Phone BackUp*** by honsule(m): 7:28am On Mar 07, 2009
i tried using my pc but to no avail.{u can use pc too as far as u can see private folder} click on my "caps off".i installed Y-Browser.using Y-browser,because i don't know the specific theme causing the problem i decided to uninstall all my themes,both the visible and invisible under my "App manager".it goes thus:

You need to hook up your N95 to your PC via the USB and access the data transfer mode,and you need to make sure your file explorer can view hidden folders.
You'll find the theme files in a folder named 'Private',in this folder are lots of other folders.Go to the folder named '10207114' and then eneter the folder inside called 'Import'
In here are all the themes on your sd card.
You have to open every folder and then look in the skn folder to find the name of the theme as the folders are named by numbers and not the theme itself,if the PC doesn't allow you to open the file then choose to open it with Notepad,then scroll across until you see the name of the theme and usually it'll say the creators name too.
Once you know it's the theme you want to delete then you have to delete the whole folder including including the mbm,mif,ini and skn folders.

NOTE:i used Y-browser in doing mine.

(1) (Reply)

Ios 4.2.1 Will Be The Last Ios Upgrade For Iphone 3g / Killer Phone Number: Rumours Again? / The Lowest Samsung Android Phone In Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.