Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

What Step Should I Take? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Step Should I Take? (912 Views)

Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounters Last Year - I Take A Bow / How Do I Take Up A Case Against GTBANK ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Step Should I Take? by misspeggy(f): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
I started working with a private security company as their secretary last year on may 1. Today I was given June's salary and expenses list to record in the system I found out everybody's salary in the office which consist of the Controller general, his assistant and the driver was increased expect mine. So I felt very bad this morning when I saw that I then remembered even during the christmas break everybody in the office was given a christmas bonus me not included... So now am thinking of going to meet my Director who did the increment... Pls my people is there any suggestion on how I can go about it?
Re: What Step Should I Take? by naughtylagosguy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
Did the Director ask you out and you refused? Or he has been making advances towards you. If he hasn't, the company might have a policy stating the number of years an employe must have spent in the company before being considered for a pay rise.

I suggest you ask some of the employees how long they have been working there so as to determine why you must have been left out of the Christmas bonus and the pay rise.

Bonuses and pay rise are strategies used by Human Resources Manager to motivate and and increase productivity of employees. I can see that being left out has caused some low morale to you. It's human nature to feel like that when we feel cheated.

You should talk to the Director about it if he's the listening type. You should also be careful of your tone and body language while talking to him. I'm sure he will have the best answer for you.
Re: What Step Should I Take? by dawnomike(m): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Simple. .. Start to save money to start your own business. Don't wait till you're sacked

Don't know how to start?
Call me on:07068801427
I wish u all the best!!!!
Re: What Step Should I Take? by misspeggy(f): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
naughtylagosguy:
Did the Director asked you out and refused? Or he has been making advances towards you. If he hasn't, the company might have a policy stating the number of years an employe must have spent in the company before being considered for a pay rise.

I suggest you ask some of the employees how long they have been working there so as to determine why you must have been left out of the Christmas bonus and the pay rise.

Bonuses and pay rise are strategies used by Human Resources Manager to motivate and and increase productivity of employees. I can see that being left out has caused some low morale to you. It's human nature to feel like that when we feel cheated.

You should talk to the Director about it if he's the listening type. You should also be careful of your tone and body language while talking to him. I'm sure he will have the best answer for you.
naughtylagosguy:
Did the Director asked you out and refused? Or he has been making advances towards you. If he hasn't, the company might have a policy stating the number of years an employe must have spent in the company before being considered for a pay rise.
naughtylagosguy:

oh! Tnx... Noted
Re: What Step Should I Take? by misspeggy(f): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
dawnomike:
Simple. .. Start to save money to start your own business. Don't wait till you're sacked

Don't know how to start?
Call me on:07068801427
I wish u all the best!!!!
ok tnx
Re: What Step Should I Take? by DJEhimond(m): 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
I was thinking it's some company policy thingy ... but when i got to the Christmas bonus area, I knew this is only a snippet to the full story ... haba, Jesus was born for all of us so why should they exclude you? If that's the case, never expect to get a share of the cake on your Director's birthday o.
Re: What Step Should I Take? by Feranchek(m): 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
Naughtylagosguy asked a very vital question and you skipped it.

DID YOUR DIRECTOR ASK YOU OUT AND YOU REFUSED
Re: What Step Should I Take? by misspeggy(f): 6:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Feranchek:
Naughtylagosguy asked a very vital question and you skipped it.

DID YOUR DIRECTOR ASK YOU OUT AND YOU REFUSED
actually yes that was when I started the work.
Re: What Step Should I Take? by Feranchek(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2015
misspeggy:
actually yes that was when I started the work.

Now, we're talking! Naughtylagosguy.... continue from here... grin
Re: What Step Should I Take? by debbydee(f): 12:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
pray for God to touch him. secondly hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
save for business no matter how small.

Same has happened to me.
Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Partner With Nortify / Photos: Checkout How Cargos Are Been Moved On And Out Of Cargo Aeroplanes / Jack Ma: If You Are Still Poor At 35, You Deserve It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.