Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? (2397 Views)

My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation / Is It A Good Idea To Change Simcard After Wedding? / Actionable Ways To Solve Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by chioma134: 12:34am On Jul 08, 2015
Dear nairalanders,
I have issues bothering me,concerning my husband and I. I feel an overwhelming urge to talk to family or friends about it, but I don't want people to use it as an occasion to cause confusion. I can't share here cos u'll ask me why I brought my family problems to nairaland. The problem is seriously affecting my relationship with him. I've talked to him severally, I now fear I've turned to a nag. I once talked to his mum about an aspect,but there was no difference, as he didn't budge. What do I do?
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by marshalcarter: 12:38am On Jul 08, 2015
I dnt tink dats a gud idea swty

Family issue should be settled within the family not these bleeping outsiders

#my opinion tho# #cheers# #sips luna milk and weed#
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by chiangyokay: 12:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Hummm, since we dont know what this is about, how can we help.?
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by podosci(m): 12:41am On Jul 08, 2015
A problem shared is a problem solved....Share and let's see how we can be of assistant but remember there are a lot of foolish people on nairaland so expect foolish answers from some people
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by bellong: 12:50am On Jul 08, 2015
What is it about him?
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by baby124: 1:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Talk to complete strangers like us. Change names and some details to protect your privacy

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Artistree: 1:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Yeah, talk to NLanders instead, it's safer.
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Kadata(m): 4:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Never ever ever ever tell Your problems to people you call friends. Unless you're ready for the consequences of what would result if they carry your gist outside.

better to trust strangers on nairaland. than friends who would stab you in the back later..
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Jorussia(m): 4:54am On Jul 08, 2015
chioma134:
Dear nairalanders,
I have issues bothering me,concerning my husband and I. I feel an overwhelming urge to talk to family or friends about it, but I don't want people to use it as an occasion to cause confusion. I can't share here cos u'll ask me why I brought my family problems to nairaland. The problem is seriously affecting my relationship with him. I've talked to him severally, I now fear I've turned to a nag. I once talked to his mum about an aspect,but there was no difference, as he didn't budge. What do I do?
get a new moniker if you can,and share your issues here.I will advise you to protect your privacy as much as you can when sharing it.You might be surprise that there are others here who have pass through similar problems before.
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 08, 2015
You can talk to your mum, depending on what is it about him.
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2015
Some ppl say share marital problems with family.I say a big NO to this. If I complain abt my husband to my mum she will end up looking at him judgementally. Since I got married she has been crying I don't "open up" just cos I don't "confide" in her with challenges we face. My husband n I has formed a formidable force. Doesn't mean that we don't face challenges but at it's worst,I wil advise u share on nairaland then CAREFULLY pick d opinions given u

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 08, 2015
softysparky:
You can talk to your mum, depending on what is it about him.
Hmmm, I will say depending on d kind of mum u have.
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Platnum1:
Hmmm, I will say depending on d kind of mum u have.
Yeah you are right.
Re: I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? by chioma134: 8:39am On Jul 08, 2015
Platnum1:
Some ppl say share marital problems with family.I say a big NO to this. If I complain abt my husband to my mum she will end up looking at him judgementally. Since I got married she has been crying I don't "open up" just cos I don't "confide" in her with challenges we face. My husband n I has formed a formidable force. Doesn't mean that we don't face challenges but at it's worst,I wil advise u share on nairaland then CAREFULLY pick d opinions given u
Thanks. Will do just that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obowunmi Is Back / My Parents Still Flogs Me At 19! Please Advice Needed / Someone Pregnanted My Sister And Denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.