Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad (1530 Views)

Fayose Wants To Kill Me- EKHA Minority Leader Hon Olugboyega Aribisogan / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2015
ABUJA – AS the leadership crisis in the House of
Representatives lingers, the former Minority leader
of the House and preferred candidate of the All
Progressives Congress, APC, for the Speaker
position, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has been accused
of threatening to make the House hot when
plenary resumes if he was not made leader.
But Gbajabiamila denied ever making such a threat
even as he accused the Speaker’s camp of making
such allegation.
He said he was a man of peace and believed
people should learn to discus and not resort to
violence.
The allegation against the APC adopted candidate
for the Speaker who lost to Hon. Yakubu Dogara
was made by Hon. Yunusa Abubakar Ahmad (APC,
Gombe) in Abuja on Tuesday on a monitored AIT
programme, tagged “AIT Parliamentary.”
While responding to a question put to him on the
leadership crisis in the House, he claimed that a
serving governor whose name was not mentioned
had said that Gbajabiamila threatened to cause
more havoc in the House if he did not emerge as
the leader when the House resumes for plenary July
21st.
According to him, “A State Governor told me in
confidence that Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila told him
that if he is not made the Leader of the House,
what happened on the floor of the House on June
25th will be a child’s play.”
The lawmaker who is a member of the Speaker’s
camp also faulted the list of Principal Officers sent
to the House by the APC leadership which could
not be read by Dogara on the floor before fight
broke out on June 25th which led to the
adjournment to July 21.
He said the list was contrary to the spirit of federal
character as it concentrated leadership positions on
just two geopolitical zones of the South-West and
the North-East.
He said, “If you look at the list that the party sent,
Femi Gbajabiamila (Hon) South West) will be
Leader of the House, Hon. Muhammed Tahir
Monguno (North East) will be Chief Whip, Hon.
Pally Iriase from South -South was given the
Deputy Whip while Hon. Hassan Garba Ado-
Doguwa (North West) will be Deputy Leader; which
would have given two principal positions each to
the South West and the North East.”
But when contacted to confirm the allegation,
Gbajabiamila said, “I do no such thing. It must be
story from the other side (Dogara camp). I am a
man of peace and believe people should learn to
discus and not resort to violence.
“Whoever did that obviously does not know me.
No office or position is worth such threats. I will
advice if you want to engage in investigative
journalism, you ask whoever made such a comment
to come out with who the threat was made to and
when.”
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by donholy28(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2015
see as im name sound like babalawo name...he wan be house leader by fire by force...crazy man

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Olofintoto(m): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2015
house leader na im family title ryt?
Idiotic statement.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by UnknownT: 8:10am On Jul 08, 2015
Gbajabiamila is a typical "You know What", he will act as if he is showing supoort/solidarity to the speaker on TV, but the same Gbajabiamila will still report the speaker to Buhari lipsrsealed
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2015
I dont blame Gbajabiamila for wanting house by all means.

Imagine a man who enjoyed all the pubilicy as minority leader then as a speaker in the making, now going to be “just“ a house member. Mbanu! It will not be easy for him. So if he desires house leader, at least they should give it to him to apease tinubu & ACN arm of APC.

Ogbasaghim anyway

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 08, 2015
That man is too ambitious and needs a *Brutus* to put him in his right position
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by OkutaNla: 8:16am On Jul 08, 2015
You all just react to a headline without reading the news report itself. Did any of you criticizing Gbaja read his response to the accusation before abusing him? Makes one wonder if you guys even read the piece.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Maxymilliano(m): 8:17am On Jul 08, 2015
A serving governor told you that Femi told him ...

What do you call this type of speech ?

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by funlord(m): 8:18am On Jul 08, 2015
grin Who gives a flying _fuck?
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by jantofubu(m): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Dia z a verse in our national pledge we need 2 change "TO SERVE NIGERIA WITH ALL MY STRENGTH" thats why they are always fighting, they are usin d strength in a wrong way. But if we change d verse to "TO SERVE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE" even a toddler can remind them "Daddy remember to serve dz country is nt by force... "DROPS PEN"

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by jantofubu(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2015
If u want 2 knw ow difficult dz man is, ask a stammerer to spell or call gbajabiamila
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
That man is too ambitious and needs a *Brutus* to put him in his right position
abi o...
I dont blame him...
Nne i Passed through ur profile... I neednt say anything o...

Your signature gave me open mouth.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2015
Maxymilliano:
A serving governor told you that Femi told him ...

What do you call this type of speech ?
speakers speech...lolzzz
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2015
OkutaNla:
You all just react to a headline without reading the news report itself. Did any of you criticizing Gbaja read his response to the accusation before abusing him? Makes one wonder if you guys even read the piece.
were you expecting gbajabiamila to tell you he said such a thing?

You should also know that sometimes action makes more noise than spoken word.

I am not saying that femi said anything, but going by his style in the 7th HoR, you might conclude he actually said it.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Dannyset(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2015
These are just distractions as far as am concerned. Everyone of them should go to hell if they can't do the wish of the people.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by OkutaNla: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2015
Chigold101:
were you expecting gbajabiamila to tell you he said such a thing?

You should also know that sometimes action makes more noise than spoken word.

I am not saying that femi said anything, but going by his style in the 7th HoR, you might conclude he actually said it.

Bro, it's their word against his. Everything else should remain in the realm of conjecture, nothing to "conclude" here.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by lyntiffany(f): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2015
he should just swallow the bitter pill (Doagara) and move on that's all.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Maxymilliano(m): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2015
Chigold101:
speakers speech...lolzzz

grin ...
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Chigold101(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
OkutaNla:

Bro, it's their word against his. Everything else should remain in the realm of conjecture, nothing to "conclude" here.
You are right, however. U know this politicians have a way of saying things just to check the pulse of the polity.
I will wait to see what will happen when HoR reconvne this month

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by OkutaNla: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Chigold101:

You are right, however. U know this politicians have a way of saying things just to check the pulse of the polity.
I will wait to see what will happen when HoR reconvne this month

Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Generation Slumps As Six Power Plants Stop Running / Photos Of Reporters Waiting For Alison Madueke Outside A London Police Station / The Meaning Of The Bow To The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.