Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. (580 Views)

Kemi Adeosun-a Victim Of Arab Islamic Intimidation / Supreme Court Faults INEC For Partisan Role In Election Petition Cases / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2015
Dear Mr Seun Osewa,

Good morning and best wishes.
I write as a concerned 'forumite' who has observed as things keep moving adrift here. Nairaland is a foremost forum where we meet people with varying ideologies, habits, and idiosyncrasies. But the joy lies in this diversity of persons and uniqueness of individuals.

Events in the last few days leaves us to wonder if actually some of us should start thinking about calling it quits from the forum. Yes, Nobody is indispensable but you're a businessman and stands to gain from more people than otherwise. And most of us do unsolicited advert and campaign for this Nairaland to grow. But I will rather graciously leave the forum than have my freedom impugned on due to inexplicable or partisan reasons.

I am miffed because of most importantly two personal experiences in the last few days;

1)A thread by Mr Dearpreye on "Restructuring Nigeria"; due to problems he enumerated in the write up which synchronized with the views of Radio Biafra director. was removed for no reasons.(Dearpreye wrote that these problems should be addressed so that the voice of the Radio Biafra man would be drowned or if ignored then the chant for secession by him will only become louder). Another "ruling opposition" man with the moniker; "omenka" after going through such intellectual exposition kept spamming the thread with complaints that Dearpreye is calling for secession and copied such administrators like OAM4J , and Ishilove. I am yet to understand how such intellectual research contradicted any Nairaland rule or that of Nigeria state that allowed for it to be taken down in such manner. Are you encouraging people to do more of such informed research or frustrating them? Is Nairaland now, an extension of APC or Buhari media outfit? Is intimidation the new order now?

2)On June 27th, I innocently quoted a young lady on a thread where her only comment was "OK". Curiously, I asked her if this is all she got from the article. I was slammed with a ban immediately. Shocked at such despicable misapplication of authority, I went to another section and mentioned the lady, asking her why I am being slammed with ban for quoting her. I was given more ban again. Within minutes, I was banned entirely from the forum. Thanks to my numerous protest mails to all the administrators, I was subsequently unbanned.

3)I observed that most of these folks from ruling party especially the paid monikers among them, provoke people and once such person reacts with probably more venom. They are reported and subsequently banned with history of such outburst from them ignored. So why would such misdemeanor be encouraged here by your administrators?

Now, one is left to wonder if this is the modus operandi of the forum now. Isn't it becoming childish? Why would such misapplication of "power" be allowed here? Unless you call your administrators to order, they maybe doing more harm to this great forum. Because many other people may have some other misgivings and complaints about them here.

Thanks and best wishes...

Cc. Seun, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, Lalasticlala, OAM4J.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by seedgreen(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2015
too bad
following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Kindly take adequate measures to correct these anomalies... long live all of us and our dreams fulfilled...
Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by emmatok(m): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2015
@OP

1. NL is not a place to talk about or promote anything Biafra.

2. Seun has shown to be more apologetic to the PDP than APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Clerverly: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2015
lalasticlala, Ishilove, Please can you close this thread for the sake of fairness? Thank you!
Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by egift(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Please for the sake of fairness and for us to build a better Nairaland, the highlighted issues should be looked into.

Sai Buhari. And God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by seedgreen(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2015
this particularly has been the issue for some time, and seun is yet to address it. NL all of a sudden has become a childish forum. SMH for seun

if you cannot manage this forum again, simply sell it to Cramjones.
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by yang(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
The Nairaland now exists to suppress freedom of speech which was promulgated by law and signed by GEJ.

I dont understand why i was banned for incitive comments.

I never insulted anyone or any tribe.

I simply called for a secession of my region from this zoo.

How is that incitive?

Muzzling the truth does not work

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
emmatok:
@OP

1. NL is not a place to talk about or promote anything Biafra.

2. Seun has shown to be more apologetic to the PDP than APC.

1)Do you understand the meaning of freedom of speech and expression?

2)How did the thread in question promote Biafra?

3)What wrong in even discussing Biafra here?

4)Why not take a count of pro-apc articles as against anti-apc articles that make it to homepage?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks for your words, my dear brother.

Once again, I want to thank God, Who thorough Seun, has made this platform possible.

I'm still shocked and surprised as to why an article I wrote in good faith and love was tagged secessionist and subsequently expunged/removed/hidden.

The thought on that thread hounded me for days till I was able to put those words down. I'm still angry as to why I wasn't even given the opportunity to modify the few words or lines that MAY have violated any NL rules. I'm used to keeping the rules of the game, and shall never say or do anything that will bring this noble site to disrepute or shame.

I'm a man of honour. A man of ideals, and my ideals will certainly outlive me. Those were allegedly words spoken by Ken Wiwa before he was killed by hanging.

It's so sad that my innocuous and balanced words were expunged. Truth isn't yet treasonable in our land.

Well, I'm sorry if I did break any rules. I'm deeply sorry.

But truth remains that if we don't restructure this nation along true federalism, all other attempts will amount to pouring water on the back of a duck. We need lasting solution to our myriads of problems. It was to this end that article was created. That was my motive.

Nigeria still has a date with truth. It can not forever run away from its shadow.

God bless you, my able brother.

God bless Nigeria. ....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
egift:
Please for the sake of fairness and for us to build a better Nairaland, the highlighted issues should be looked into.

Sai Buhari. And God bless Nigeria!

Thanks for being objective here and thinking outside the box...Keep it up...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Ecoplexus: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2015
I can relate to this, the same thing happened to me and my original moniker is still banned to this moment. My offence being that I retaliated when a Buhari apologist insulted my parents and I for a post that didn't concern them. The funny thing is that these APC apologists are the first to spit fire but when you do back, they are the first to report to the moderator; it is very pathetic to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2015
seedgreen:
this particularly has been the issue for some time, and seun is yet to address it. NL all of a sudden has become a childish forum. SMH for seun

if you cannot manage this forum again, simply sell it to Cramjones.
grin grin grin

No, Seun simply needs just some slight adjustments and caution to his staff...
Re: Intimidation By Partisan Nairaland Administrators. by Ishilove: 11:52am On Jul 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
1)A thread by Mr Dearpreye on "Restructuring Nigeria"; due to problems he enumerated in the write up which synchronized with the views of Radio Biafra director. was removed for no reasons.(Dearpreye wrote that these problems should be addressed so that the voice of the Radio Biafra man would be drowned or if ignored then the chant for secession by him will only become louder). Another "ruling opposition" man with the moniker; "omenka" after going through such intellectual exposition kept spamming the thread with complaints that Dearpreye is calling for secession and copied such administrators like OAM4J , and Ishilove. I am yet to understand how such intellectual research contradicted any Nairaland rule or that of Nigeria state that allowed for it to be taken down in such manner. Are you encouraging people to do more of such informed research or frustrating them? Is Nairaland now, an extension of APC or Buhari media outfit? Is intimidation the new order now?

His post violates Rule 9. "Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g incitement."

It is pro-secession, and as such illegal. Any pro-Biafran agitation should be done on platforms outside Nairaland.

2)On June 27th, I innocently quoted a young lady on a thread where her only comment was "OK". Curiously, I asked her if this is all she got from the article. I was slammed with a ban immediately. Shocked at such despicable misapplication of authority, I went to another section and mentioned the lady, asking her why I am being slammed with ban for quoting her. I was given more ban again. Within minutes, I was banned entirely from the forum. Thanks to my numerous protest mails to all the administrators, I was subsequently unbanned.

You were banned by the anti-spam bot. Sorry about that.

3)I observed that most of these folks from ruling party especially the paid monikers among them, provoke people and once such person reacts with probably more venom. They are reported and subsequently banned with history of such outburst from them ignored.
This is very untrue. When posts are reported, the mods investigate and ban ALL guilty parties, regardless of who reported or their party affiliation.

2 Likes

(1)

Wayocracy: This Is Nigeria's New Order / The Peace Magazine's Opinion on Buhari's Presidency - Abdussalam Abdulfattah / Id-el-fitri :FG Declares Friday And Monday Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.