Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) (657 Views)

Peter Obi Pictured Walking On The Streets Of Lagos,Meets Basketmouth At Airport / Sex Scandal In The Us:3 Reps May Step Aside / Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by WhatDoYouMean: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
According to the Mayor of Houston, Texas, July 17th 2015 has been set aside to honour the Nigerian Comedy guru for his value in the life of humanity.

The full text

BASKETMOUTH

Basketmouth is one of the leading players in the comedy industry in Nigeria. He represents the Stand-Up Comedy genre and is one of Nigeria and Africa's leading experts. The Basketmouth brand has won over the hearts of Nigerians and non-Nigerians.

On February 21, 2010, Basketmouth became the first African comedian to host a one-man comedy concert at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo, which was a huge success, and to this day, he has hosted nine different concerts in the United Kingdom. The concerts included Basketmouth Uncensored Live o2, Nigerian Kings of Comedy, the African Kings of Comedy, and Lords of the Ribs, and he hosted Comeddy Central in South Africa.

In 2001, Basketmouth was approached by MTV Base to host his own show "The Big Friday Show". The TV show went on to win the Best TV show in 2013. Basketmouth is one of the brand ambassadors of the leading telecommunication companies in Africa known as Globacom. It is a brand face for Dana Air, a leading airline company in Nigeria.

Basketmouth has headlined shows all over Africa, including in South Africa, Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Kenya, Ethiopia and many more. He was approached by Comedy Central to do his own special and was invited to be part of Just for Laughs, one of the biggest comedy festivals in the world. Basketmouth is now embarking on a world tour, and he will be visiting Houston on July 18, 2015, because it is one of the largest populations of Nigerian-Americans.

The City of Houston commends Basketmouth for his commitment on bringing our community together through comedy and extends best wishes for continued success.

Therefore, I, Anniese D. Parker, Mayor of the City of Houston, hereby proclaim July 17, 2015, as Basketmouth Day in Houston, Texas.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set
my hand and have caused the Official Seal
of the City of Houston to be affixed this
2nd day of July, 2015.

Annise D. Parker
Mayor of the City of Houston

Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by seedgreen(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
following
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by kolatobs(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2015
OK
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by doublewisdom: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2015
What an honour!
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 08, 2015
I see. I hope he publicly condemns your gay shiiiit for him to cap the honour.
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by Olofintoto(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2015
basketmouth is making us proud alwaz!
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Good
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by Feranchek(m): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2015
I'm wowed!
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by loomer: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2015
Cool
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by Imortal001: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
No be lie!
Re: US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) by otabuko(m): 12:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
And if he condemns gay publicly?

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Mammoth Crowd Cheer Aregbesola After Yesterday's Jummat Prayers / Buhari’s US Trip: What Difference Will It Make?, By Ahmed Oluwasanjo / APC Government: So Far, No Direction’ - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.