Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja (542 Views)

Mobile Mechanic At Lekki / A Competent Mechanic Needed / Pls Where Can I Find A Competent Mechanic In The Whole Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja by boldx(m): 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Please i have a strong premonition that i need to change my mechanic.
Reasons:
1) The distance from Dutse/Dawaki to Apo mechanic village is very far.
2) His expertise is ok and his fees are often mutually agreeable but i still want a better and a top notch mechanic. Most times, when he does a job for me. I need to go back once or twice with extra fees and costs. No engine or transmission stress at all. Steering rack and power steering pump stress. Bought a toks power steering pump, worked on my steering rack, they dont leak at all. But i hear a whining noise slightly from the pump when the car is on idle or running. The mechanic said its the rack again after 'bleeding' the pump. The cost of the rack (toks) is N30,000. I am tired of his guess work. Before i bought the new pump, the noise was not there.
please i need a new mechanic. If my car was an I-4 engine, it would have been easier for me to decipher on my own. cos there be more free space under the engine. I go under the car when the need arises.
Thanks.
Re: Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja by boldx(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
thanks my brother. i will give you a call soon.
Re: Please Recommend A Competent Mechanic At Dutse Abuja by cardoctor(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
The "new" pump you said you bought may have been a locally refurbished unit that may still be faulty. Sometime you may have to try a few tokunbo units before you get it right. The challenge is knowing which one is truly a tokunbo unit or a repaired one unless you have a keen eye for identifying the correct one.

Car-Doctor

(1) (Reply)

Passat 2003 Engine Replacement / Ford, Lincoln And Mercury Cars, FUNCTION OXYGEN SENSOR. / GOLF 1 OR 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.