Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque (732 Views)

Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar At Eid Prayer In Minna / Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) / El-rufai Breaks With Tradition, Cancels Ramadan ‘welfare’ Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by ThisisBuhari: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
Sheikh Muhammad Khalid, the Chief Imam of Apo Legislator’s Quarter’s Jumat Mosque has cancelled the special i’tikaaf prayer normally observed by Muslims during the last 10 days of Ramadan in that Mosque.
I’tikaaf is an optional special prayer offered my Muslims during the last 10 days of Ramadan.

During that period, a Muslim is required to retire to the Mosque and remain in seclusion solely with the intention of offering prayers and supplication to Allah.

Khalid announced the cancellation of the prayer in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said the move had become necessary following increased insecurity in the country.
He added that ``everyone can testify to the fact that insecurity is becoming higher; bombings have become the order of the day in the North, especially in the North Eastern part of the country.

``We need to join hands with government to do whatever we can possibly do in our capability to tackle it headlong.
``However, it is a very difficult task to tackle because of the faceless nature of the Boko Haram members that have been terrorising Nigeria.’’

Khalid then urged other Imams not to allow the special prayer in their Mosques so as not to jeopardise the security of potential participants.
He said that allowing people to gather in the Mosque for the special prayer was not safe and called for attitudinal change by Nigerians in order to move the country forward.

He urged the Federal Government to create jobs for the teeming unemployed youths to avoid restiveness, stressing that ``providing employment for the youths will take them off the streets.

``Taking the youths off the streets will go a long way in reducing crimes and criminality in the country.’’

The Imam said security was a collective responsibility and should not be left in the hands of government alone.
He advised security agencies to intensify their intelligence gathering to enable them to overcome the activities of insurgency in the country.
He said ``security agents should be able to know the flash points in the areas affected by insurgency and how to overpower them.

``Knowing the flashpoints will go a long way in making security agency’s task easier and more effective.’’ (NAN)

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/59385-boko-haram-imam-khalid-cancels-ramadan-prayer-in-abuja-mosque
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Am on political leave!
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by makzeze: 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by UniqueGem(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Even Allah will understand. The fear of Boko Haram is the genesis of wisdom.
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by Liviintainment: 3:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
huh
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
hmmm.. I pray this guys will not havve their way again in zaria, i no fit run o
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by solarview(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am on political leave!
...until July 21 grin
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by nerodenero: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
What some part of the North created is hunting the North and Nigeria as a whole. When you sow peace, you would reap peace.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by crystalzoe: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
thank you for being sensible. pls encourage Buhari to also ban hijab

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by markidoo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mk fg no provide graduates wit job opportunities till the day i go declare my own national public holiday. I dy look dem laugh.
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by lyntiffany(f): 4:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
and pls remind your people to render vital information about these idióts to the security agents because most of them knows their activities.
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by ERODEDEAST(f): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good for him, Scared of his BLOODAS
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by fatdon2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oh! Yes that's wisdom, so that those insurgents won't take advantage of the innocent worshipers...
Re: Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque by asumo12: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Photo : Don't Under-rate The EXPIRED General He Will Slowly Jail You. / PDP - Led Govt. Of Squandered N7tn In Five Years Says Femi Falana / Spain Buys €6.5bn Oil From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.