Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat (696 Views)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / Supreme Court To Rule On Saraki’s Trial, Friday / Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by ayoola22: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2009
According to news on-line, the south Milwaukee board of health voted unanimously that a Nigeria dwarf goat is a farm animal and not a pet.
Based on the ruling the board is saying the goat must be removed from a home in the US. The health officers are however planning to give the owner time to find a new home for the goat.
The owner who is obviously very emotionally attached to his goat said "I understand. I have a pet. And I understand it's very difficult to not be able to keep that pet,"
I think the man should go to court since in America you can even get to supreme court over whether a goat is a pet or a far animal,
Really is a goat a pet or a farm animal, cos growing up we use to have many of them living in the house , so if its not a pet I think a Nigeria goat is not a farm animal but a house animal.

what do you feel?

http://www.naijareports..com/
Naijareports: Nigeria News and Rumour
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by tpia: 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2009
goats do not live in the house. They live in the yard.
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2009
Here
What is a pet?
A pet is an animal kept for companionship and enjoyment or a household animal, as opposed to livestock, laboratory animals, working animals or sport animals ,

So that means you can make almost any animal to be a pet, but i am sure a goat as a pet in a Nigerian man's house will end up on the BBQ grill with some nice cold beer
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by mustafar1: 7:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
when we can have a boa constrictor, an aligator, an iguana, (we could get more dangerous as we go but u get the point) as a pet, why cant we have a goat as a pet.

moving on to more serious stuff, why is this in the politics section?
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Jakumo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2009
That goat must be arrested immediately. I am convinced that the goat is in fact a trans-genetic armed robbery suspect who fled justice in Nigeria, and was hoping to live out his life in the United States as a house pet.

Deport that goat to face jungle justice in Nigeria NOW.
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
What is wrong with Americans self uhh? People have snakes as pets, many many weird animals as pets in the US why is goat a problem? This guys better fix their economy first before they start looking for people with goat as pet.
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 07, 2009
Jakumo:

That goat must be arrested immediately. I am convinced that the goat is in fact a trans-genetic armed robbery suspect who fled justice in Nigeria, and was hoping to live out his life in the United States as a house pet.

Deport that goat to face jungle justice in Nigeria NOW.

Lol. You're silly. grin
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2009
Goat!!! Oh, not again**
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Hauwa1: 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2009
so many things one could do with the goat:

pepper soup
egusi soup
stew
and many more. the owner just don't understand.
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by TOYOSI20(f): 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2009
Errrr. . .how much more political could 'u' get??, Anywayz, here peeps have goats as pets, and even pigs too!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by dayokanu(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2009
There was an argument like that too at LNG quarters in Bonny Island where some Oyinbo's dey complain because one man carry goat come wey he wan take do Xmas.

Pets are allowed but not animals to be killed. and the guy proved that goats are pets.

Dogs can be reared too to be eaten by some people.
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
The goat is a pet!
Re: Is Goat A Pet Or A Farm Animal: Us Board Rule On Nigeria Goat by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2009
An animal can be categorised as a pet or an animal for soup depending on the rearer. people eat dogs and cats too

(1) (Reply)

Cia Or Mugabe; Who Is After Morgan Tsvangirai? / Reps Condemn Killing Of Another Nigerian In Belgium / 9ijatalk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.