Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB (1206 Views)

Patience Jonathan Said Women Would Return To Kitchen Under PMB, Was She Right? / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nigeria’s External
Reserve Gains $2.29
Billion In One Month
Under Buhari –CBN
Governor

The governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr
Godwin Emefiele on Wednesday raised hope
on possible revival of the ailing Nigerian
economy disclosing that the apex bank has
been able to generate the sum of $2.29
billion into Nigeria’s external reserve within
a month.
The past government of former President
Goodluck Jonathan had allegedly deflated
the Nigeria’s external reserve with acts of
profligacy and impunity as a large chunk of
money was reportedly drawn from the
reserve to fund the last Presidential
election.
Newspot Nigeria quotes Emefiele as saying
that the feat was possible within the Period
President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn in
and now, just as he commended the
initiatives put in place by the President form
attaining the good result.
According to him, the Nigeria’s external
reserve started witnessing increase
following some measures taken by the
government to cushion the effects of the
sharp drop in the crude oil prices to the
tune of 45 percent.
He gave the cheering news after a closed
door meeting he held with the Senate
President, Bukola Saraki which lasted more
than 3 hours in the Senate.
He said, “Follwing the drop in crude prices as
high as 45%, and the fact that we had to
depreciate our currency from N155 to N197,
we also had to take certain decisions, to
ensure that we keep our reserve still looking
good.
“I commend the president, Muhammadu
Buhari for his dogged approach that all
leakages will be blocked.
“With those singular efforts and strong
determination, we have seen our foreign
reserves moving from $29bn when his
Excellency took office on the 29th of May to
$31.89bn.
“We briefed the Senate extensively on all
the actions we have taken, and other things
that we are going to do to continue to
strengthen Nigerian economy, make it
possible for our people to create jobs for
our people.
“And we are saying if we cannot employ
people, what action are we going to take to
ensure those who have entrepreneurial
skills create jobs for themselves and for
other people.
“I am delighted to mention to you that the
senate after almost about three hours
deliberation has graciously endorsed our
actions today for everything that we have
done.
“But I want to assure Nigerians that
whatever action we have taken is done in
the interest of our country”
“And I say that our reserve is our
commonwealth, and we have a right to
protect our foreign reserve.
“We are going to continue to avoid situation
where speculators and round strippers come
into the country and think of how they can
take advantage of what is happening as a
result in the drop in food prices to plunder
our reserves.
Responding, the Senate President expressed
delight in the report of improvement in the
national reserve given by the CBN governor.
He said the Senate would always cooperate
with the apex bank of Nigeria towards
ensuring full implementation of policies and
programmes aimed towards improving the
economy of Nigeria, most especially on
provision of gainful employment to teeming
majority of Nigerian.
Saraki commended the recent policies
initiated by CBN on rice, chicken, palm oil
and textiles, stressing that the Senate would
fully support the policies to develop the
Nigerian economy.

www.newspotng.com/nigerias-external-reserve-gains-2-29-billion-in-one-month-under-buhari-cbn-governor/

Seun, Lalasticlala, "CHANGi" grin
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by dunkem21(m): 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Day dreaming grin
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Political exile till d ministerial list comes out
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by phransix147(m): 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dat wud be magic

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by okosodo: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
LIEZIO
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by psucc(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Typical effect of dangerous combo. The broom had indeed done more harm than good.
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by seedgreen(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nonsense
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
dunkem21:
Day dreaming grin
seedgreen:
Nonsense
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Political exile till d ministerial list comes out
seedgreen:
Nonsense

tongue

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by sholatech(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
Na..sounds cheap propaganda and unprofessional reportage. A quick check on cbn website shows our reserves as at 7th July 2015 still at 29.5bn Naira. With the new circular by CBN yesterday curtailing use of Naira debit cards abroad simply tells me that our reserves are still troubled!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by TonySpike: 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
sholatech:
Na..sounds cheap propaganda and unprofessional reportage. A quick check on cbn website shows our reserves as at 7th July 2015 still at 29.5bn Naira. With the new circular by CBN yesterday curtailing use of Naira debit cards abroad simply tells me that our reserves are still troubled!

I think you should read this document from the CBN website. It is a press report uploaded today.

http://www.cenbank.org/Out/2015/CCD/Revised%20Governor's%20Opening%20RemarksSenate%20Leadership%20PresentationJuly%202015.pdf

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
sholatech:
If dey tell ya type to get a stable internet device so as to always get yasef well informed on current happenins in ya own Fathers land, una go say "Mba". angry

Why am I even replyin u sef?
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by dalyricist: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Yup

Download MA single here, guys
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/56774981
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
What is wrong with exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by sholatech(m): 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

If dey tell ya type to get a stable internet device so as to always get yasef well informed on current happenins in ya own Fathers land, una go say "Mba". angry

Why am I even replyin u sef?

Just comparing what you type and my statement shows anyone and everyone who is more informed. Im sure you dont know what is meant by 'a check on CBN's website...'
Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by sholatech(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
TonySpike:

I think you should read this document from the CBN website. It is a press report uploaded today.

http://www.cenbank.org/Out/2015/CCD/Revised%20Governor's%20Opening%20RemarksSenate%20Leadership%20PresentationJuly%202015.pdf

Thanks Tonyspike.. This is now factual, but you can see that the reportage by Eaglesonline was unprofessional and several 'Jara' added. I guess CBN's moving average by tomorrow will reflect this

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Foreign Reserve Rises Astronomically Under PMB by drss(m): 10:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
Foreign Reserve grew under Emefeile, same dude APC children of anger called for his sack.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How National Assembly Budget Was Doubled Under David Mark~premium Times / Seun, Whats Wrong With Nairaland..i think your site is being hacked / Magic Of Buhari Body Language. A Plea For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.