Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,392 members, 7,846,639 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage (424 Views)

Security Aide Of Governor Amosun - "Robot" Killed On His Way Back From Work.PICS / Orji Uzor Kalu Resigns From PPA, The Party He Formed With His Money / Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
A woman, Linda Barnette, who has been issuing
marriage licenses in Mississippi for 24 years, took
a stand following passage of the same sex law by
the US Supreme Court.
Linda Barnette
The Mississippi city official on Tuesday 30 June, 2015
stepped down from a post she has held for 24 years
old in defiance of the new.
The United States of America recently legalized same
sex marriage causing outrage in some quarters.
Barnette, citing her faith, said she would not
be issuing gay marriage licenses. She told Fox News: “I choose to obey God rather
than man. I am a follower of Christ and I believe
strongly that the Bible is my final authority. The Bible
teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and
a woman. Therefore, because of the recent ruling of
the U.S. Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my
duties as Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to
same sex couples.”
“I told my supervisors a while back if it happened, I
would tender my resignation. I had already decided in
my heart that I could not issue marriage licenses to
same sex couples. It’s my Christian belief. As a
follower of Christ, I could not do it. The Bible teaches
it is contrary to His plan.”

2 Likes

Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by ugoos15(m): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
Noted...

1 Like

Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
]

You made the right decision Barnette, May you continue to do God's will rather than men. Your rewards are with our heavenly father who created the heavens and the earth and order woman to leave his father and mother to become one flesh with the husband and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by trailblaiza(m): 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Eeya
Re: Woman Resigns From Work Over Legalized Gay Marriage by Allsmyles(f): 1:18am On Jul 09, 2015
No b today, e don tey

(1) (Reply)

My Visit To Washington DC To Boost Bilateral Relations – Buhari / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Photographs: Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Break Ramadan Fast Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.