Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,792 members, 7,844,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? (974 Views)

Please Has Anyone Been Able To Check His/Her WAEC Result Successfully? / Why Are Most Biochemistry Lecturers In Nigeria Sadist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by mubarak89(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2015

We have seen and will continue to see lecturers who act as though they’ve been sent to the classrooms to make life more difficult for students.

Amongst such group of lecturers is the sadist lecturer. By ‘sadist’ I am referring to someone who never looks happy and enjoys being cruel to students. They seem to take pleasure in seeing students fail. They’ll usually set their exam questions as though to fail students. They seem to hate it when a student performs well in their class.

Recently, a friend asked for my advice on how to survive the tyranny of such a lecturer since he had one. I thought for a while and cranked up these few lines:

A. As much as it depends on you, avoid them totally:
The best thing to do as it concerns lecturers who act as though to frustrate students will be to avoid them by not registering their courses; but that isn’t possible if the courses aren’t elective courses in which case the only solution you should seek for is how to successfully survive their reign.

B. Be humble and shelve your 'guruness':
If you must register their course, then I advise you stay humble in class and never show yourself. Such lecturers are not impressed by gurus who love to show themselves by asking questions in every class.

C. Make up your mind to never miss their class:
They love to give unannounced CA Tests especially when they notice a drop in attendance. After all they’ll love to see massive failure.

D. Give their courses more study time:
Their exam questions are usually very difficult and will require intense understanding of every topic to be able to even score a ‘B’, plus they know how to sadistically set difficult questions.

Those were the advice I came up with but I wish to have more so, kindly share your advice or tip. How should students cope successfully with sadist lecturers?

Source: http://graduatewell.com/article/how-can-students-successfully-cope-with-sadist-lecturers

Re: How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by hawk05(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2015
Ok
Re: How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by calculator123(m): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2015
. -never go late for lectures
- never ever read for exam only what u wer taught cos d saddist is gonna set difficult question which might nt b in d outline
#my 3 pence.

1 Like

Re: How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by bamidelemoses: 10:57am On Jul 09, 2015
First I dnt believe there are sadist lecturers. Why wil any lecturer b such evil? As in, y wil a lecturer wish 4 massive failure? D problem is always wit students my guy
Re: How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by idearito(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dia is nothing lyk saddist!!! Its better saying sme1 is wicked and non-relatable!!! Simple
Re: How Can Students Successfully Cope With Sadist Lecturers? by calculator123(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
bamidelemoses:
First I dnt believe there are sadist lecturers. Why wil any lecturer b such evil? As in, y wil a lecturer wish 4 massive failure? D problem is always wit students my guy
dem neva touch u dat y.u yearnin dis.come delsu or lasu den u understand wat am saying
.as for dem being wicked it due to dem being failed by a saddists during dier undergraduates days.d circle just continues......

(1) (Reply)

"Jamb Registrar Should Be Sacked"nans Reject Jamb Eligibility / How To Check Nigerian Law School 2015 Bar Result / How To Identify Scholarship Scams !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.