Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,804 members, 7,813,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy (1339 Views)

Feminists, How Far. Lol. What Do You Think About This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Feminism has failed. More and more people are starting to realize this fact, but the beast just won’t die! While all of society is worse off for the advance of Feminism, the sad irony is that those who lose out the most are the Feminist women themselves.
I’m not talking about the first wave of Feminism which campaigned for suffrage and the end of abortion (though this wave was not without flaws). Yes, the first Feminists were staunchly pro-life because they understood how harmful abortion was for women (not to mention it is murder). It is the second and third waves of feminism which have failed us as a society, and failed women most of all.
The Marxist, Betty Freidan, was the spark that launched what is now modern Feminism. In her book, The Feminine Mystique, she claimed that she, and other women, were unhappy being housewives, and that women desired more than just their husbands, children, and homes. However, she actually wasn’t a “stay-at-home” mom, but worked outside the home. It was her Marxist ideology that drove her to write the book, not her dissatisfaction with being a housewife.
Nevertheless, was she correct in arguing that women wanted out of the home, less family obligations, and longed for careers in the workforce?
I am not sure if women in the 50s and 60s were dissatisfied with their lives, but what we can be certain of, is that women, and Feminists in particular, are more unhappy and dissatisfied with life than the women of the mid-1900s.
In a recent study entitled, The Paradox Of Declining Female Happiness1, it was revealed that as a whole, women are less happy than men, and less happy than women 40 years ago. Why?
This is indeed a paradox since Feminism has gained an incredible amount of ground in the last 40-years. Women today are the most advantaged and privileged in the history of the world. There are more women in the workforce than ever. More women in politics than ever. More women in college than men. Abortion is legal and easily available, which liberates women from the slavery of unwanted motherhood. I could go on, but you get the idea.
If Feminist women are getting all the things they thought they needed to be happy…then why are women less happy? More specifically, why are Feminist women, who have gained all the things they have championed for, the least satisfied with life?2-3
The answer is that Feminism works against the development of true satisfaction. Feminists can never be happy. This is because Feminism, like many other ideologies, completely misunderstands how humans (particularly women) were designed to function and flourish.
Feminism assumes that it is status, wealth, and recognition that will make women happy and satisfied. Feminism claims to “empower” and promote women as strong, and capable of doing anything men can do just as well, and even better. Feminism may hide under the guise of “equality”, but it is actually advancing self-worship.
Feminism believes that women should be able to do what they want, dress how they want, act how they want, and not have to suffer any consequences. If a woman doesn’t want to raise her child, she can kill him or her, and Feminists will celebrate her. As an example, the University of North Carolina – Wilmington celebrated “abortion heroes,” praising, “the brave men and women who performed abortions before they were legal, often risking their own lives and freedom.”4
Abortion isn’t just a choice Feminists believe women should have, it is a glorious instrument for the liberation of women. The price the unborn child must pay is of no consequence. Why? Because the comfort and desires of the mother are more important.
The celebration of abortion that Feminism promotes is just one example of how this ideology encourages selfishness. From putting careers over family, to the exaltation of the hook-up culture, Feminists constantly lie to women (and themselves) that the path to happiness is through self-indulgence. “Only you can make yourself happy,” is a common maxim, and Feminism is the ideology that allows this mantra to be lived out. The only problem is it isn’t working. Women can’t make themselves happy.
Men can’t make themselves happy either. This is the paradox the study revealed, the same paradox Jesus told us about 2000 years ago:
“For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.” – Matthew 16:25
We weren’t created to serve ourselves, but to serve others. We were created to do good (Ephesians 2:10). It is not status or wealth that we are to live for. It isn’t our careers, or the number of romantic partners, or whether we get to wear the clothes we want, which leads to happiness and the good life. This self-first thinking leads to misery.
It is not the “empowered,” whom Jesus said were blessed. “The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” – Matthew 23:11-12
If Feminists really cared about women and the well-being of women, they wouldn’t encourage women to seek their own desires, but to desire the good and well-being of others, especially their husbands and children.
If Feminists really cared about the good of women, they would be resolutely against women killing their unborn son or daughter just because the child is inconvenient, or would get in the way of the mother’s current life goals.
If Feminists really cared about women and their happiness, Feminists would not cheer for women to dress immodestly or to live promiscuously.
If Feminists really wanted what is best for women, they would not call for wives to battle their husbands, or place their career above their children and family.
But Feminists don’t want what is best for women, and what Feminists do want for women will not make women happy. Female-empowerment proponents thought “equality” was what women needed to be happy, but the data shows they were wrong. Feminists will never be happy because it is happiness, no matter the consequences, they are chasing. True fulfillment and joy cannot be found by seeking. Like a bar of soap, the harder you try to grab on to it, the more it will slip through your fingers.
The good life, the life God wants for us, can only be found through living in His kingdom, and doing what He wants to be done—loving God and our neighbors as ourselves. This is not a love that enables others to seek their own happiness, but a love that wills the good, and seeks the well-being of others above our own.
As Christians, we have no need for Feminism. The Bible clearly shows men and women are both created in the image of God, and therefore equal in worth. The Bible is also clear that men and women are different, created for different purposes, and both are to put the needs and well-being of others before themselves. Let us not fall into the trap of believing that it is more recognition, status, or wealth that will make us happier and fulfilled.

http://www.generationcedar.com/main/2014/12/why-feminists-will-never-be-happy.html

1 http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969.pdf?new_window=1
2 http://nypost.com/2013/12/27/conservative-women-hold-secret-to-happiness/
3 http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_highbrow/2006/03/desperate_feminist_wives.html
4 http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6003

Cc lalasticlala ishilove

Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Lateralmaths(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Feminists can't be happy because nobody was created that way.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Shortyy(f): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
so women shouldn't fight for their rights anymore, yea? bullcrap.

1 Like

Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by DuchessLily(f): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
OK ooo... But men helped in making women want to work and make their own money.

Men these days see taking care of their wives as burden. To them a housewife is a liability. To them a woman who stays at home to take care of the home and kids is useless, worthless and a burden.

But they will happily give money to prostitutes outside
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
DuchessLily:

Men these days see taking care of their wives as burden. To them a housewife is a liability. To them a woman who stays at home to take care of the home and kids is useless, worthless and a burden.

I believe most of what formulates the above opinion is Nollywood
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2015
Shortyy:
so women shouldn't fight for their rights anymore, yea? bullcrap.
Women have rights? Wow.... Never knew...

I wonder if men also have rights...

1 Like

Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lateralmaths:
Feminists can't be happy because nobody was created that way.
Lesbians and gays aren't created like that naturally but they seem Happy sir
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Crysallis(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
DuchessLily:

i want to marry you.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Shortyy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:
Women have rights? Wow.... Never knew...
I wonder if men also have rights...
keep wondering.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
Shortyy:

keep wondering.
Love cool
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by DuchessLily(f): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

I believe most of what formulates the above opinion is Nollywood

Nollywood that I have seen in reality, in homes around me, in wives who are out there looking for jobs just because if what their husbands use their eyes to see, because they r giving them home upkeep money, which is supposed to be their duty as husbands??

Abegiii tell urself d home truth.

BTW I'm not a nollywood fan. Call me one of the few Nigerian babes who don't do nollywood
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by DuchessLily(f): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Crysallis:

i want to marry you.

Nope! Thanx, I ain't searching/available
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
DuchessLily:

Nollywood that I have seen in reality, in homes around me, in wives who are out there looking for jobs just because if what their husbands use their eyes to see, because they r giving them home upkeep money, which is supposed to be their duty as husbands??

Abegiii tell urself d home truth.

BTW I'm not a nollywood fan. Call me one of the few Nigerian babes who don't do nollywood

Okay, men seems to be causing most of the problems.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by DuchessLily(f): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Okay, men seems to be causing most of the problems.

U Knw that bro
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by GuiltySpark343(m): 3:26am On Jul 10, 2015
i think you are on to something,adding you to my following list
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 10, 2015
There are probably more happy feminist in the world than married women.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 10, 2015
AABeauty:
There are probably more happy feminist in the world than married women.
Are you speaking from facts?
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 10, 2015
GuiltySpark343:
i think you are on to something,adding you to my following list
Depends
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by architez: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bro, it's Architez. I am commenting as promised.

I agree with u. Happiness is mostly a byproduct of serving others, that and other intangibles such as fulfilling your purpose. It rarely comes through just material means or possessions.

As for abortion, I'm totally against it. My only problem is in case of rape or incest or when the pregnancy jeopardizes the woman's life. What do u think? I mean, it is still murder.

2 Likes

Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
architez:
Bro, it's Architez. I am commenting as promised.

I agree with u. Happiness is mostly a byproduct of serving others, that and other intangibles such as fulfilling your purpose. It rarely comes through just material means or possessions.

As for abortion, I'm totally against it. My only problem is in case of rape or incest or when the pregnancy jeopardizes the woman's life. What do u think? I mean, it is still murder.
It's still murder, but the intent differs, that may be inconsequential though.. But on the topic, feminists should pack up...

1 Like

Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by architez: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Freemanan:

It's still murder, but the intent differs, that may be inconsequential though.. But on the topic, feminists should pack up...

Of course feminists should pack up.... except in places like Saudi Arabia and much of muslem world where women are still truly oppressed.
Re: Why Feminists Will Never Be Happy by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
architez:

Of course feminists should pack up.... except in places like Saudi Arabia and much of muslem world where women are still truly oppressed.
HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS CAN HANDLE THAT...

I WONDER WHICH LAW WILL PROHIBIT WOMEN FROM DRIVING... INSANE...

(1) (Reply)

So Leo Africanus Describe Hausa People As Rich Merchants And Civilized Craftsmen / Idoma Promiscuous-conservative Paradox / 10 Princes Shortlisted For Vacant Alaafin Stool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.