Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship (1129 Views)

Mods In Islam Section A Bit Careless With Banning People / A German's View Of Islam - We Owe Ourselves And Our Children To Do Our Bit To / Essays By Muslims - The Politics Of Hijab: A Bit Of Black Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayexel: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2009
Salam alaekun fellows, I am amuslim by birth and practising to some extent,I have been into frienship that has turn into affairs.but my problem is I neva had a muslim female friend, I have always want friendship to come naturally not trying to fix it but i am yet to meet a female muslim friend.I cant get serious with a relationship because i have not met someone that will make me a better muslim.I dont want to go into something that will worsen my religious status.How can i meet one brothers, sisters i neeed your advice.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by bilms(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2009
Pray that Allah show u, The right person for u.

and for sure u will see a wonderful partner that will lead u to janah.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayinba1(f): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2009
Surround yourself with muslims, attend muslim programs, learnt to love Islamic gatherings, and pray to Allah
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayexel: 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2009
i always want to, but my job give me a little time to do all dat, i just get along wit people i meet along the line,with god's guidance i know i'll find her pretty sooon.thanks for ur comment
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by olanajim(m): 2:49am On Mar 09, 2009
Somehow, I keep wondering where the muslim ladies are! Wishing the poster and others like him good luck!
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2009
er. . .

there are two or three places where you can meet Muslim women

Weddings

Nasfat gatherings etal
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Lagosboy: 8:42am On Mar 09, 2009
Go to the universities islamic societies. Which country do u reside in?
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by olanajim(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2009
Which university, lagosboy? Do you think it is that simple?
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayinba1(f): 12:10am On Mar 10, 2009
At the university, I met a muslim guy; he told me that he was interested in dating (with related stuff-sex etc) but nothing for the future.--he was being honest; but that was not what I needed, so I turned him down.

My Arabic teacher was "pretty holy", a fellow student, and I really wished that he would ask me to marry him--honestly, I would have jumped at the chance because all I wanted was to get closer to Allah and wow, he looked like a good route. Alas, that was not meant to be, he had someone else on his mind.

Long story short, the muslim sisters are out there but if you approach one requesting a "typical" dating relationship, you have really offered nothing new to her, those kind of r/ships are a dime a dozen; the question is why do you approach this muslim sister, the answer starts with you!

MICA, I hear is also a good place. I really wish you well, your intentions are good, I pray Allah grants you a good partner; amin
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Lagosboy: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2009
@Ayinba

You signature is wonderful and it is what I try to explain to people there is nothing like moderate or liberal muslim. you are simply muslim!!!!.

Back to topic.

I think there are always lots of sisters at universities if it is Nigeria and i am sure quite a number would be interested in a fruitful relationship. Unilag i know there are quite a bunch of sisters there, MICA in those days used to have a number of sister seeking and bros seeking as well , which could very well still be the case.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayinba1(f): 12:23am On Mar 11, 2009
@Lagosboy,

Thank you, and for all your wonderful contributions, May Allah reward you, amin
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 11, 2009
plenty of muslim chics at MCS societies on most campuses. Problem i have noticed is many muslim guys do not want to be seen with serious muslim sisters. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Lagosboy: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2009
davidylan:

plenty of muslim chics at MCS societies on most campuses. Problem i have noticed is many muslim guys do not want to be seen with serious muslim sisters. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

The issue is most of those muslim guys arent serious themselves and are looking for chics to hit which they know normally most of the serious sistas wouldnt do so out of respect they leave them alone and go indulge in their desires. When they are looking for proper marriage they would prefer to be with these sistas instead and that is the reality!!
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by bilms(m): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2009
i think we have many ladies out there, but to be sincere, it is ifficult to get a good wife.

getting a wife really need time.

we have some islamic university where it is likely u get just what u wanted, but u have to be ready to devote some of ur time to do that because the ladies will need to see the seriouseness in u.

Alikmat university is an islamic university, they have couple to center around too.

u can easily go there and see lots of them.

so now left to u.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Lagosboy: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2009
Where is alikmat university and is that d right name?
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by mukina2: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ Poster

The problem is Most muslim parents would not allow their daughters to have male friends, grin only few parents are flexible sha grin, so Not unless you are a close family friend you will never visit their daughter at home o grin

Try joining Islamic groups . .hope it helps.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
Lagosboy:

The issue is most of those muslim guys arent serious themselves and are looking for chics to hit which they know normally most of the serious sistas wouldnt do so out of respect they leave them alone and go indulge in their desires. When they are looking for proper marriage they would prefer to be with these sistas instead and that is the reality!!

I've been to sec school, uni and service yr so i know.
Most muslim guys arent serious when it comes to religion - hypocrisy of the highest order.
They dont go around with muslim sisters (most of them covered up in hijab and wearing black socks in the sun) NOT because they respect them but because it is not hip to do so. Who wants to be seen with a masquerade when your friends are parading chics around the campus?

The muslim sisters are themselves not serious, i knew one alhaja (yes she was an alhaja) who was carrying on an affair with a professor in my dept. I knew another alhaja (always covered up) who slept with a distant friend at a school bus stop so enough of the stories.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2009
davidylan:

I've been to sec school, uni and service yr so i know.
Most muslim guys arent serious when it comes to religion - hypocrisy of the highest order.
They dont go around with muslim sisters (most of them covered up in hijab and wearing black socks in the sun) NOT because they respect them but because it is not hip to do so. Who wants to be seen with a masquerade when your friends are parading chics around the campus?

The muslim sisters are themselves not serious, i knew one alhaja (yes she was an alhaja) who was carrying on an affair with a professor in my dept. I knew another alhaja (always covered up) who slept with a distant friend at a school bus stop so enough of the stories.

and we all know dawoda nackson

nairalands born againĀ  who is no stranger to "The Hollow Of Miss Thang" . i also see a lot of born agains in my office engaging in adultery. there was one in my former office, iyawo pastor for that matter, the woman was steadily going through anyone in the office who was willing.

btw, how many muslim guys do you actually know? i hope its not just your chain smoking roomate that is the basis for your so called "knowledge" of muslims

i went to unilorin - you already know that , and at the time, the main social activity was fellowships . girls in fellowships used to form like no mans biz - on campus. unilorin is out of town. get the chick out of campus, away from the eyes of her friends and you're good 2 go all night long. for the most part, the fellowships were just a convoluted mating dance between cunny cunny boys and gals.
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Tanzos: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2009
It still baffles me when i read threads like this and see comments made by some people.
i believe the average subscriber to this sites seen the four walls of a higher institution?
When we come off using examples of people we see or stories weve heard as a basis of description of an entire religion i think its low, really low on the scale of reasoning.
Muslim girl with Hijab doing this christain girl pastors wife for that matter doing that, when will we as Nigerians actually grow (in our reasoning)?
I think its sad that in this time and age people will still make remarks like this.
Think of it does it take a tree to make a forest?
This is the very cause of why were still stunted as a nation and worse still even this generation with access to the internet and other forms of communication still talk like this!
sad, very sad.
you all keep on bickering and throwing stones at each other ok it really helps.
Then we say its the illiterates that start the religious/tribal wars.
From a bit worried about a relationship its now this.
Shame on all tribal and religious commentators,like there was so much you did to be on your side of the divide.
truly disappointed!
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by ayexel: 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2009
Thanks brothers and sisters for your response but dont let us over flog this topic.I appreciate your opinions and have pick
one or two lesons from it,lets keep the contribution going
Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by subzeeero(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2009
Assalamu alaykum,
I think the best way to find a good wife witout breaking Islamic laws is for one to go old school.

Ask your mother/sister to find a suitable girl for you (she must know plenty),
If her appearance fits your taste,
Get her father's permission to visit her and get to know her (in front of her adult mahram).

1 Like

Re: A Little Bit Woried Over My Relationship by Frizy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2009
mukina2:

@ Poster

The problem is Most muslim parents would not allow their daughters to have male friends, grin only few parents are flexible sha grin, so Not unless you are a close family friend you will never visit their daughter at home o grin

Try joining Islamic groups . .hope it helps.

True talk, but it still depends. Am in a relationship with one Muslim girl now who I got to meet her parents exactly two weeks ago. She told me her dad had always told her not to get involved with things like that. I met them, and guess what? They really loved me, she told me I have made an impression, and her mum told me to visit them or her whenever I wanted. cheesy. The thing is just how you present yourself, talking sincerely and selfless is all what parents want to hand in their daughters. You recall I said I needed a wife here on the forum sometime ago, I think I got one.

The strange thing is many have tried to discourage me about the girl because she is not black, they told me, she may be in love with you but her parents aren't, Arabs are racist. And all sorts, but I guess am lucky. Now they want to meet my parents. grin. No kidding.

Bottom line: I don't want to be blowing trumpet and saying my character is good, because it takes Allah and people to know that. But being good guarantees you to be a hot cake in the market. wink

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of 'dexmond' Quoting Hadith To You / The Founder Of Child, Pensions,disabilty Benefits || Khalifah Umar Ibn Khattab / The Word "Muhammad" In The Bible (in Original Hebrew)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.