Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,736 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari (453 Views)

The Questions Ekweremadu, Saraki, Melaye Asked Magu Before Rejecting Him / Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Bosso, Niger Republic, Shares Pics / Sen Shehu Sani Feels Light Situation Of Nigeria Is Worse Under Fashola & PMB(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by Badosqi(m): 7:04am On Jul 10, 2015
The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, on Thursday said the Boko Haram insurgency had worsened under President Muhammadu Buhari.
Ekweremadu said the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration had almost rolled back Boko Haram and its activities in the North-East.
The deputy senate president also expressed the fear the insurgents could also attack Abuja and the southern part of the country soon.
Speaking to journalists in Abuja, he chose not to answer questions on his alleged involvement in the forgery of senate rules but said he had been worried about the renewed attacks by Boko Haram.
He said, “I am worried about the resurgence of Boko Haram activities in Nigeria. Shortly before the inauguration of the present government, the country had almost rolled back Boko Haram and its activities in every part of Nigeria – from Adamawa to Borno to Yobe.
“I was hoping that when we come back in the 8th Assembly, that I will work with our colleagues from the North-East to develop a plan of action that will help to rehabilitate that part of Nigeria. I feel so concerned about the suffering of our people from the North-East of Nigeria.
“I had hoped that by now we would be tasking ourselves on how best to rebuild that part of Nigeria. Regrettably the actions of Boko Haram seem to have resurfaced now; not only in Borno, they have carried out their activities also in Plateau, they have gone to Adamawa and Kaduna.
“I am worried that if nothing is done, the next target would be Abuja. Maybe they will start going to the South. It is important for us as those in government, whether executive or legislature, to come together to find solutions to these problems.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/ekweremadu-boko-haram-attacks-worse-under-buhari/
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by chiangyokay: 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Idiot
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by Emodeee: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Good morning ladies and gentle men.
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by Haywhymido(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2015
mumu
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by omaiyale: 7:08am On Jul 10, 2015
j
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by emamos: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Badosqi:
[s]The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, on Thursday said the Boko Haram insurgency had worsened under President Muhammadu Buhari.
Ekweremadu said the former President Goodluck Jonathan administration had almost rolled back Boko Haram and its activities in the North-East.
The deputy senate president also expressed the fear the insurgents could also attack Abuja and the southern part of the country soon[/s].
Speaking to journalists in Abuja, he chose not to answer questions on his alleged involvement in the forgery of senate rules but said he had been worried about the renewed attacks by Boko Haram.
He said, “I am worried about the resurgence of Boko Haram activities in Nigeria. Shortly before the inauguration of the present government, the country had almost rolled back Boko Haram and its activities in every part of Nigeria – from Adamawa to Borno to Yobe.
“I was hoping that when we come back in the 8th Assembly, that I will work with our colleagues from the North-East to develop a plan of action that will help to rehabilitate that part of Nigeria. I feel so concerned about the suffering of our people from the North-East of Nigeria.
“I had hoped that by now we would be tasking ourselves on how best to rebuild that part of Nigeria. Regrettably the actions of Boko Haram seem to have resurfaced now; not only in Borno, they have carried out their activities also in Plateau, they have gone to Adamawa and Kaduna.
“I am worried that if nothing is done, the next target would be Abuja. Maybe they will start going to the South. It is important for us as those in government, whether executive or legislature, to come together to find solutions to these problems.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/ekweremadu-boko-haram-attacks-worse-under-buhari/
now you are talking @ d bolded
Re: Ekweremadu: Boko Haram Attacks Worse Under Buhari by jazinogold(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Over to you Sahara reporters!

make I see how una wan caption this news!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Stop Transfering Bokoharam Prisoners To Other States / 12 Migrants Drown In Mediterranean, 500 Rescued / BREAKING! Buhari, Osinbajo Slash Their Salary By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.