Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! (1474 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Best University In Nigeria [see Top 100] / Armed Military Men Take Over The University Of Port Harcourt / Ui Withdraws 97 Students;unilorin Ranked Sixth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by DangotePikin: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2015
The University of Port Harcourt has been ranked the sixth in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE), a United Kingdom-based authoritative source for information about higher education.

Placed behind four South African universities and one Ugandan university, UniPort made the cut following the number of papers presented over a period of time.

In this chart by world’s most trusted rankings provider, THE, it reveals the first glimpse of future Africa University Rankings.

“The university rankings provider has revealed the top 15 universities in the region, based solely on their scores for research influence – in other words, how much African universities’ research papers are referred to and cited by other academics across the globe,” THE said in a statement.

The research institute noted that: “To be included in this future-gazing table, an institution must have published a minimum of 500 research papers in the five year period assessed with at least 50 papers per year,” it said.University of Port Harcourt was the only Nigerian university ranked in the top 15. The full table, which contains the top 30 universities in Africa, will be revealed at the inaugural Times Higher Education Africa Universities Summit, which is billed to take place on 30th and 31st July at the University of Johannesburg.

“As the first major public consultation on the future THE Africa University Rankings, academic leaders and opinion formers will discuss plans for a full and comprehensive ranking for the region.

“This new ranking will be based on Times Higher Education’s respected World University Rankings, but shaped following this initial meeting by bespoke metrics designed to meet the region’s specific challenges.

“Times Higher Education is therefore calling for opinion formers from across the region to attend the Summit, founded with University of Johannesburg, to take part in the debate and help shape the future of university rankings in Africa.

“To attend the Summit, delegates should register at: www.theworldsummitseries.com/aus2015

The ‘snapshot’ table, based on just one of THE’s five respected World University Rankings criteria – research influence, gives a good indication of what a full university ranking might look like for Africa and sees two South African institutions – the University of Cape Town and the University of Witwatersrand – take first and second place respectively.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/09/university-of-port-harcourt-ranked-6th-in-africa-1st-in-nigeria/
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by Emodeee: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Nice.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by isacolukay(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2015
Emodeee:
Nice.

Nice one bro!
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by DangotePikin: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2015
lol. 4icu.org says Unilag is the best....webometrics.com says CU is the best....this people are now saying Uniport is the best....last-week another website said UI is the best....abeg na which one person go believe now sef?

1 Like

Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2015
datz bvllshit, Michael Okpara University (MOUAU) should be first in Nigeria.. Quote me wrng and get burnt
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2015
research papers? hehe
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by NollywoodFreak: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2015
This is a wrong rating,I guess money must have changed hangs between Uniport officials & rating officials. WES printed it red ink that they don’t accept or recognize any certificate from Uniport. So who rated the nonsense. A university that produce the dullest administrator in the world, a university that produced the worst English speaking wife of the dullest administrator in the world. SO WHAT MAKES UNIPORT NUMBER 1.Any1 can sit in his bed room & kitchen & get her his/her Bsc,Msc & Phd from Uniport without writing ABC on a blank paper so far he or she can settle with oil money.

comment from article
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by NollywoodFreak: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Where is UI?
There was also an APC/SW rating yesterday on UI. So this is a PDP/SS ranking right?

Uniport certificates is just like tissue paper & photocopying paper that can be purchased on Port Harcourt streets.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by NollywoodFreak: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2015
As stated, this people are seeking attention. They want people to attend their conference in SA. And admitted they don’t have a full and comprehensive list of African universities . Not authentic if you ask me.
why uniport? dat happens to be d school most incompetency we have in d country attended. that is d only school u can be issued a bsc,msc,PhD without writing abcd or attending classes infact Nigeria dot have any best

from link
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
It baffles me why people will conspicuously show themselves as archetypes of the worst illiterates in nigeria.They are many bodies responsible 4 universities ranking ,they include:webometrics,cybermetrics,THE,etc. Each of these bodies have different criteria for ranking.if THE should rank uniport as the best I see no reason why people would start making derogatory or disparaging remarks about the school,the criteria for ranking is number of research papers presented.4rm my candid opinion none of us in this forum knw hw many research papers each of the god damn great unis have been presenting.Let's argue like educated people pls! yes uniport produced patient Jonathan who can't speak English.But the same uniport produced Agbani Darego former miss world,yule Edochie,Monalisa Chinda,Rita Dominic,Clem Ohameze,Rotimi Amaechi,Goodluck jonathan,etc. so I don't knw ur own definition of incompetency.I knw u can't even compare ur damn self with any of the aforementioned persons.argue wisely.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
some people don't fail exam cos they don't knw wht 2 write,rather cos they misinterprete the quesion. WES didn't say anything about uniport CERTIFICATE:they were jst having problems with uniport TRANSCRIPT and this was resolved yrs ago by Ajienka . I don't knw why u are saying what u don't knw. even if what u said was true does that stop uniport 4rm being d best? commiting fallacy of "ignorantio elenchi". if u don't knw,research has it that uniport is one of the nigerian unis with the highest number of professors including former vc's from other unis.
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by ebyculate: 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
[i][/i]Uniport all d way.... And u dat is saying mouau now tell me.... Which website av u ever seen dem adding umudike in d best top 50 university in nigeria? Jst keep quiet if u dnt knw wht to say okay... Or are u now trying 2 compare dat small zoo umudike 2 uniport?.... I laf@ u i'm not a student of uniport but i'm talking wit experice plas
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by betterABIAstate: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
ebyculate:
[i][/i]Uniport all d way.... And u dat is saying mouau now tell me.... Which website av u ever seen dem adding umudike in d best top 50 university in nigeria? Jst keep quiet if u dnt knw wht to say okay... Or are u now trying 2 compare dat small zoo umudike 2 uniport?.... I laf@ u i'm not a student of uniport but i'm talking wit experice plas
shut up, Umudike is cutrently ranked above uniport on www.4icu.com the most reckoned International web ranking site.

1 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
2 University of Lagos
Lagos
3 Covenant University
Ota
4 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
5 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
6 University of Nigeria
Nsukka ...
7 Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Owerri
8 University of Benin
Ugbowo ...
9 Lagos State University
Ojo
10 Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
Umuahia
11 Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
Oye ...
12 Babcock University
Ilishan-Remo ...
13 Ahmadu Bello University
Zaria
14 University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Abeokuta ...
15 Kwara State University
Ilorin
16 Landmark University
Omu-Aran
17 University of Port Harcourt
Port Harcourt
18 Afe Babalola University
Ado-Ekiti
19 Bayero University Kano
Kano
20 Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti
Ado-Ekiti
21 Olabisi Onabanjo University
Ago Iwoye ...

http://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by kellord(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2018
UP!
Re: University Of Port Harcourt Ranked Sixth In Africa And The First In Nigeria! by mayowaanthony: 11:03am On May 31, 2018
I am particularly fascinated by Nigerian University Rankings because i hope that one day, Nigerian Universities take their rightful places, at the top in Africa and in the World and I think this piece does justice to the current ranking situation of Nigerian Universities. Furthermore, the website seems very useful for prospective postgraduate student and has a lot of information for people interested in professional certifications.

Article Link: https://www.studylocal.ng/ArticleDetail/21/Institution-Performance-Rankings-Top-Nigerian-Universities.aspx

StudyLocal Nigeria Website: https://www.studylocal.ng

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet Yetunde Odugbesan-omede, The Pretty 27 Year Old Professor And Author / Download WAEC Result Checker Application For Andriod And Tablet Devices Here / Discuss The Contributions Of Physical Exercises To Healthy Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.