Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures (4662 Views)

Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? / Unboxing The Infinix Hot 4 X557 In Pictures / Unboxing The Tecno Camon C9 In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
page 1
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by koyla: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
martineverest:
great analysis....google's materialistic design is no where near modern ui(flat ui)......just watching how live tile ll graduate inot interactive live tile
lol bro,you sure material design no where near "modern ui" you are saying?
Truth to be told,no ui beats the material design for now

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
2kurupt:

So are you're insinuating that you can view 30 plus live tiles on your phone? Oh please spare me the big big talk! Come to think of it, how many Windows phone apps come with active live tiles? Not just some coloured square icon, except you're mistaking the two.

Now you think Microsoft 'invented' flat icons too shocked obviously you've not done your research.

BlackBerry OS & services is judged the most productive due to its global adoption by the corporate world, this you don't achieve just because you have a flat UI but the acquisition and operation of secured servers, enterprise services etc

What makes you think one's preference for a particular OS automatically translates to hating others? Those are fan boyish ideology and am way grown for that. I choose android because it gives me a generality of what all the others are lacking including an openly customizable interface & it's free from restrictions (upon my own money). These days almost everyone has played around with multiple OSes and stick to what they like, as at now android is ahead because it's adopted by the majority, love it or hate it.

FYI You can add a bookmark from opera browser/mobile, UC browser/web etc to the homepage on android. It's not like it's a novel feature of the browsers since like forever. If you didn't know, asking around would have informed you rather than assuming.

Am done.
Who is talking about fanboyism? As you said it is for kids.
FYI, I'm considering getting an Android phone soon.

Very several apps have live tiles on WP UI
You can pin several apps as you like to the home screen.

Pinning stuff on the home screen goes beyond just bookmarks but several important stuffs, like I wrote up there if you cared to read through at all!

Meanwhile I wasn't talking about the general OS.
I was talking about just the home screen my friend.
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by martineverest(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
koyla:
lol bro,you sure material design no where near "modern ui" you are saying?
Truth to be told,no ui beats the material design for now
flat design is d future
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by opinchinoo(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Elxandre:

What I'm saying is they need to lessen their restriction alot.
There is No nice music player aside theirs!
No browser engine aside theirs!

Many will never cross over because there is no chrome, Firefox etc.

You skipped my post anyway.
No concrete reply.
Av u tried sky media player VIP??
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by slinkman(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
martineverest:
flat design is d future
lmaooo... Sadly material UI is... Google realeased its web code that was really begged for to website developers and most web devs are already applying the material ui and animation to their sites.. why do you always try so hard to make windows phone relevant?? it is not.. Android is, IOS is, blackberry gradually is, they are about making an android phone.. Windows phone are not A THREAT to anybody, nor relevant.. If it is pc, i give it to windows..and only on pc.. not game console, not phones, not anywhere else.
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by 2kurupt(m): 6:37am On Jul 13, 2015
Elxandre:

Who is talking about fanboyism? As you said it is for kids.
FYI, I'm considering getting an Android phone soon.

Very several apps have live tiles on WP UI
You can pin several apps as you like to the home screen.

Pinning stuff on the home screen goes beyond just bookmarks but several important stuffs, like I wrote up there if you cared to read through at all!

Meanwhile I wasn't talking about the general OS.
I was talking about just the home screen my friend.

I get you though.. Still got my WP Launcher in titanium backup to have a watered down feel of the Windows home screen experience

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2015
2kurupt:

I get you though.. Still got my WP Launcher in titanium backup to have a watered down feel of the Windows home screen experience
Can I see a screenshot?
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2015
slinkman:
lmaooo... Sadly material UI is... Google realeased its web code that was really begged for to website developers and most web devs are already applying the material ui and animation to their sites.. why do you always try so hard to make windows phone relevant?? it is not.. Android is, IOS is, blackberry gradually is, they are about making an android phone.. Windows phone are not A THREAT to anybody, nor relevant.. If it is pc, i give it to windows..and only on pc.. not game console, not phones, not anywhere else.
WP is a valid threat!

We are talking about the biggest PC OS maker here.
In the long term, if Microsoft sticks with WP, it will emerge a true winner!
What if WP suddenly broke it's restriction (which is already almost less restricted than iOS), brought over a big fraction of its features from PC?
And mind you, it has advantage of having it's own ecosystem ; Xbox, surface tabs, Windows OS, Holo lens (potentially), Office etc.

Google has what? The severely shitty chrome OS that hasn't been given a chance by even Google fanatics.

The major thing that has been holding this thing back has been apps AND it hasn't even reached it's potential feature power yet.
Now tell me, don't iOS, google and the dying off BB10 have similar interface?
How is the only radically different looking OS irrelevant?

If Google doesn't see WP as a threat, why has it been trying to sabotage it everytime?

Some of you are myopic.

Edited; I just saw you also said Microsoft's Xbox 360/one is irrelevant, and I realized I just wasted my time talking to a very uninformed person grin
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by slinkman(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Elxandre:

WP is a valid threat!

We are talking about the biggest PC OS maker here.
In the long term, if Microsoft sticks with WP, it will emerge a true winner!
What if WP suddenly broke it's restriction (which is already almost less restricted than iOS), brought over a big fraction of its features from PC?
And mind you, it has advantage of having it's own ecosystem ; Xbox, surface tabs, Windows OS, Holo lens (potentially), Office etc.

Google has what? The severely shitty chrome OS that hasn't been given a chance by even Google fanatics.

The major thing that has been holding this thing back has been apps AND it hasn't even reached it's potential feature power yet.
Now tell me, don't iOS, google and the dying off BB10 have similar interface?
How is the only radically different looking OS irrelevant?

If Google doesn't see WP as a threat, why has it been trying to sabotage it everytime?

Some of you are myopic.

Edited; I just saw you also said Microsoft's Xbox 360/one is irrelevant, and I realized I just wasted my time talking to a very uninformed person grin
k.. i sold my xbox to get the ps4.. xbox is shitty.. WP a threat?? lmaoo.. alright whatever. i will keep loving windows only on pc though.. never again will i make the mistske of getting a WP.. you need to see hhow it is hated and irrelevant around here.

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
slinkman:
k.. i sold my xbox to get the ps4.. xbox is shitty.. WP a threat?? lmaoo.. alright whatever. i will keep loving windows only on pc though.. never again will i make the mistske of getting a WP.. you need to see hhow it is hated and irrelevant around here.
Never again? As if you know what the future holds.
I understand most folks only see the present tho but I like to imagine the possibilities

I know you were once a Symbian user who though iOS was shitty initially but we know how that ended.

Many also sold their PS3 to get the XBOX One
Does that make the PS4 irrelevant?

Calling a console that has sold millions worldwide irrelevant is the height of ignorance bro.
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by slinkman(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Elxandre:

Never again? As if you know what the future holds.
I understand most folks only see the present tho but I like to imagine the possibilities

I know you were once a Symbian user who though iOS was shitty initially but we know how that ended.

Many also sold their PS3 to get the XBOX One
Does that make the PS4 irrelevant?

Calling a console that has sold millions worldwide irrelevant is the height of ignorance bro.

bro, ths future would be great, i know, but definitely not the windows.. not same windows we know.. maybe an un invented innovation.. the xbox was irrelevant to me because it lacks high frame rate.. i am not an ios user but an Android user presently.. i used the iphone 5 before but was out of love for it because of its restrictions... same goes to Mac os on pc... i use a htc one now Android because it lets me do whatever i want to do. i never get bored with my phone, same goes to pc, i use a windows pc because it lets me do whatever i want to do, no restrictions or playing to their rule whatsoever.. whatever app i think of, what ever movie i love, whatever i get it on my phone and pc.. and i never get bored of Android because of its lots of users, new things, tweaks, experiments come out everyday.. bro, it will take more than all these mentioned by the op to make WP the future, because all i see there, Android already has it one way or the other.. Lets bet, by this time next year WP wont be dominant ? .. I Love windows so much, but not on mobile or anywhere else expect pc... I have actually compared same games between the ps4 and a friends Xbox one, the ps4 was more cool.. with VSYNC even on and settings at ULTRA which i am sure, the ps4 didn't stutter a bit...
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
slinkman:
bro, ths future would be great, i know, but definitely not the windows.. not same windows we know.. maybe an un invented innovation.. the xbox was irrelevant to me because it lacks high frame rate.. i am not an ios user but an Android user presently.. i used the iphone 5 before but was out of love for it because of its restrictions... same goes to Mac os on pc... i use a htc one now Android because it lets me do whatever i want to do. i never get bored with my phone, same goes to pc, i use a windows pc because it lets me do whatever i want to do, no restrictions or playing to their rule whatsoever.. whatever app i think of, what ever movie i love, whatever i get it on my phone and pc.. and i never get bored of Android because of its lots of users, new things, tweaks, experiments come out everyday.. bro, it will take more than all these mentioned by the op to make WP the future, because all i see there, Android already has it one way or the other.. Lets bet, by this time next year WP wont be dominant ? .. I Love windows so much, but not on mobile or anywhere else expect pc... I have actually compared same games between the ps4 and a friends Xbox one, the ps4 was more cool.. with VSYNC even on and settings at ULTRA which i am sure, the ps4 didn't stutter a bit...

We shall see about the next year bet but I can bet it that if Microsoft doesn't abandon the OS it will become more relevant in a while.

Yeah, the PS4 has the more powerful hardware but other things like the media integration, the Windows ecosystem, kinects potential, still make the Xbox One many peoples favorite.
And it's not as if the xbox is really poor though.
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Vs Windows 8.1 The Change In Pictures by godunia(m): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2015
i have decided to move forward with my life,android is the way to go,i shall never go back to my old way of life(apple though its manageable and windows for me its mbanu)...man seek for freedom and android gives that freedom.why must i have a microsoft acct to do stuff on my phone?how many useful apps free or paid are available to windows mobile users?mobile phones have gone beyond good cameras or hardware to what the phone can do.on the PC i go with windows but mobile platform,android all d way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Redmi Will Never Have Good Second Hand Value / June 31st Postponement Is Fake. Whatsapp Has Ended Support For Blackberry Phones / Nokia X7 Vs Samsung Galaxy M20 Or Samsung Galaxy A20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.