Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter (1188 Views)

Ademola Adeleke's Resignation Letter To APC Chairman, John Oyegun (Photo) / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Tension At The Villa As Buhari Rejects NSA Sabo Dasuki's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by Nellybii: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2015
The resignation letter of the National Security Adviser, Colonel Sabo Dasuki, has been rejected by President Muhammadu Buhari. The report said Dasuki’s resignation was rejected on the ground that he must account for funds received and spent under his tenure in the prosecution of the Boko Haram insurgency.

President Buhari was reported to have said Dasuki’s resignation is‘unacceptable’ ” following intelligence reports showing the fake military hardware, consumables and large cache of money unaccounted for due to improper filing of contract papers under the office of the NSA” the paper reported. Government sources was also that the unaccounted funds poses a “significant financial risk and demonstrates a lack of internal control over the NSA’s office which diminished the roles and powers of the Ministry of defence and more than $50 billion in which contract files were incomplete or could not be located at all which he has to account for before leaving government”.

Sabo has come under increasing pressure over his leadership of the NSA’s office and how it was heavily politicized before and after the political transition period. The Presidency is also concerned about some deals coming out of the NSA’s office, especially the issue of $9.3m South African arms deal and repeated reports that Nigeria was conned into a failed  Boko Haram “ceasefire” deal to the tune of almost $500m.
The NSA and the service chiefs were alleged to have forced INEC to postpone the February 14 general elections

http://www.naij.com/483681-buhari-turn-down-nsas-resignation-letter.html
Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by osaslord500(m): 11:09am On Jul 10, 2015
another criminal in the catching

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by Acekidc4(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Political Criminals and Fraudsters Everywhere!!Chaaiiii!!!!!Which way Naija??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by tuasefemi(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2015
This is how government should be run-account for every single dime put in your care before leaving office.......the change has really come.....God bless PMB, God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 10, 2015
Good move, he wants to resign and run away. He should give full details how the money spent fighting Boko Haram was used

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by MizMyColi(f): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2015
That's very cowardly!angry

Oga Sab, the honourable thing to do is to make sure your books are in order and proper accountability for your tenure ensured.

Anything less is criminal and must not be tolerated, you hear?!

I've had enough of these generals who feed fat at the expense of human livesangry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by sluk(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2015
In Dasuki's voice;*i am pressed, I want to shit*

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by omowolewa: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2015
I don't believe this.
You don't turn down a resignation letter because you think the author is corrupt. What if he stays there and remains inactive?

Just like holding an outgoing governor down because he is corrupt. On whose pay?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by jomoh: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
omowolewa:
I don't believe this.
You don't turn down a resignation letter because you think the author is corrupt. What if he stays there and remains inactive?

Just like holding an outgoing governor down because he is corrupt. On whose pay?

An outgoing governor is very different from an adviser.

While an outgoing governor has a terminal period provided for by the constitution, that of an adviser does not.

If the guy should be allowed to leave, any question directed at him concerning his time in charge will have to go through our corrupt courts but in this way, the president has direct link to him as per his contract of engagement which requires accountability.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by omowolewa: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lets watch the events unfold, maybe I would add that to my knowledge.

I actual sense, corruption in that sector of our society should be investigated.
Whistle blower's protection clause should be invoke too. We would be surprised at revelations this would bring.

jomoh:

An outgoing governor is very different from an adviser.

While an outgoing governor has a terminal period provided for by the constitution, that of an adviser does not.

If the guy should be allowed to leave, any question directed at him concerning his time in charge will have to go through our corrupt courts but in this way, the president has direct link to him as per his contract of engagement which requires accountability.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by jomoh: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
omowolewa:
Lets watch the events unfold, maybe I would add that to my knowledge.

I actual sense, corruption in that sector of our society should be investigated.
Whistle blower's protection clause should be invoke too. We would be surprised at revelations this would bring.

This I believe is the main reason PMB is yet to appoint any Minister who could come on board and use his/her influence to sabotage the probing process.

On the whistle blower, I believe it will be passed in due cause under this administration.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by omowolewa: 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
You sound pleasant and knowledgeable

jomoh:

This I believe is the main reason PMB is yet to appoint any Minister who could come on board and use his/her influence to sabotage the probing process.

On the whistle blower, I believe it will be passed in due cause under this administration.
Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by jomoh: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
omowolewa:
You sound pleasant and knowledgeable
Thanks bro. Just trying to be rational.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Turns Down Dasuki's Resignation Letter by husnath(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
let Mr dasuki or dasauki what ever v his name. tell us who are the founding father's of vokoharam

(1) (Reply)

Bailout: Jonathan Generated The Funds Used, NLNG MD Insists / The Terrible Condition Of Roads At Umuguma, Owerri / Fowler: Pro-saraki Senators Ready For Tinubu As Ex-gov's Loyalists Reach Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.