Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar (21891 Views)

Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 / Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists / Naira Drops To 251/dollar, External Reserves Now $29.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by philips70(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
abbey621:
Why are you people so daft? What was the bank rate before may 29, what is it now? You'll notice the difference is less than 4 naira per dollar. The black market is what's causing the confusion because new CBN directives means shortage of dollars in circulation. The economy is steady and all those shouting Buhari this, Buhari that are just plain illiterates!

The illiteracy rate in Nairaland rose astronomically since GEJ lost the elections. The few literate GEJ supporters here have made it as a point of duty, albeit intentionally to further drain out the tiny liquid of literacy in the heads of the dafts. Sorry situation.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by anonimi: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
You right bro. I'm changing it.

Thanks, bro.
As I see sey you dey patriotic already na im make I suggest am so your patriotism go be 101% cheesy

[img]http://ladyifelove.files./2013/10/nigeria-flag.jpg[/img]
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by anonimi: 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
philips70:
The illiteracy rate in Nairaland rose astronomically since GEJ lost the elections. The few literate GEJ supporters here have made it as a point of duty, albeit intentionally to further drain out the tiny liquid of literacy in the heads of the dafts. Sorry situation.

Will this your dogo turanci make $1 equate to N1 as promised by the Daura Dulllard
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
One love grin
anonimi:

Thanks, bro.
As I see sey you dey patriotic already na im make I suggest am so your patriotism go be 101% cheesy

[img]http://ladyifelove.files./2013/10/nigeria-flag.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by sunkoye: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
bring it on....let the road be rough b now. ....so dat my next generation can praise our perseverance.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
**falls from mat** eheen, werin ona bin d tok sef...*yawns*
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Duletion:
Very soon it would be like Zimbabwe. People go dey use wheelbarrow to carry money

Zimbabwe's case is different.

Mugabe,by seizing white owned farms...destroyed the means by which Zimbabwe earned foreign exchange....which meant that shorn of its US dollar backup...the Zim dollar collapsed.

For Nigeria to be like Zimbabwe....we would have to cripple our oil industry to the point where we would not be producing anything at all....or alternatively....someone in a lab somewhere discovers nuclear fusion....and all of a sudden oil becomes redundant.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by 400billionman: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
God help me..
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Ybnm4life(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
sorextee:
i cant wait till it gets to 500naira a dollar.. wink
Baba you must be a yahoo boy...
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by philips70(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
anonimi:

Will this your dogo turanci make $1 equate to N1 as promised by the Daura Dulllard

Only dullards understood the speech in Imo to be so. Am sorry you are one of them. It was only in GEJ's government that even some so called professors were speaking with intelligence quotient that is less than zero. Thank God for March 28th, April 1st and May 29th. The days cluelessness was frustrated, killed and buried. NEVER AGAIN!

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Isaacpyo04(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wait o, where you people getting your info from.,

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by mrvictor: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mr. Emefiele might end up as the worst CBN governor. I have never seen enough good policies from CBN in the recent times promoting local production, industry and agriculture. How can the Naira get strong when we don't produce and scarcely export, especially non-oil products?

The absence of a finance minister is not even helping issues and General Buhari is totally visionless and more confused than every other Nigerian.
Someone in the mould of Dr. Soludo won't be bad in that finance minister position - my opinion.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
hmmm! its well
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Ojemedad: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
sorextee:
i cant wait till it gets to 500naira a dollar.. wink

Yahoo boy
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by worksmart(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
You're laughing?

You will soon see that it is no laughing matter.

There is a good reason for my signature.
Dorrobucci:

LOL cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by neweraomo: 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
nawtibownie:
It is well!
this ain't well smiley

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by collinsVP: 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
abbey621:
Why are you people so daft? What was the bank rate before may 29, what is it now? You'll notice the difference is less than 4 naira per dollar. The black market is what's causing the confusion because new CBN directives means shortage of dollars in circulation. The economy is steady and all those shouting Buhari this, Buhari that are just plain illiterates!

Please sir/madam, could you please throw more light on Bank Rate and the bearing it has with Forex? Because i understand it to mean The interest rate at which a nation's central bank lends money to domestic banks. It is also known as discount rate.

It could also refer to the interest rate at which banks lend money to their customers.

Foreign exchange rate is mainly driven by forces of demand and supply. For there to be a cut down in the volume of dollars supplied to importers by CBN, it invariably encourages hike in rate.

Most important is the fact that demand will not fall in the same direction as the supply because importers who trade on products that have near inelastic demand will keep importing regardless of the change in foreign exchange rate because they can pass the increase in cost of those products to buyers in the form of higher price.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by nijanigga: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
I prophesied in the past that oil will soon become useless and naira will become toilet paper,nobody believed me, Tanoids were raining insults on me. Reality is here now.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by anonimi: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
philips70:
Only dullards understood the speech in Imo to be so.

The news story was published FIVE whole days before the elections. Kindly show us where Gen. Muhammadu Buhari denied saying it or corrected the "misinterpretation". Or is he no longer an incorruptible man of integrity
Thanks.

I will make naira equal in value to dollar – Buhari
March 23, 2015

More from: http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

I’ll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari
March 23, 2015

[img]http://cdn2.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/346x250xbuhari-Naira.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UYFxvx98AY.webp[/img]

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.5arSBBQg.dpuf
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by chiedu7: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
[size=14pt] ₦AIRA DROPS FURTHER.
DULLARD PROMISED ₦1 TO $1

ALL NA MOUTH AND NO ACTION

THEN MR ALL MOUTH AND NO ACTION BOMB'S CALABAR
THAT NOBODY KNOWS IS A PROBLEM.

THE SAME BOKO HARAM HE PROMISED TO DEAL WITH HE WON'T BOMB.
BUT HAS TIME TO SET BOKO HARAM MEMBERS FREE.

NO WONDER HE DISMANTLED ARMY CHECK POINTS.
HE WANTS TO AID BOKO HARAM GUYS MOVEMENT.

WE CAN SEE RESULT NOW

SINCE GMB BECAME PRESIDENT ,
NIGERIA HAS HAD INCREASE IN BOKO HARAM ACTIVITY

CHANGE ?, NO MAKE ME LAUGH
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by abbey621(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
collinsVP:

Please sir/madam, could you please throw more light on Bank Rate and the bearing it has with Forex? Because i understand it to mean The interest rate at which a nation's central bank lends money to domestic banks. It is also known as discount rate.

It could also refer to the interest rate at which banks lend money to their customers.

Foreign exchange rate is mainly driven by forces of demand and supply. For there to be a cut down in the volume of dollars supplied to importers by CBN, it invariably encourages hike in rate.

Most important is the fact that demand will not fall in the same direction as the supply because importers who trade on products that have near inelastic demand will keep importing regardless of the change in foreign exchange rate because they can pass the increase in cost of those products to buyers in the form of higher price.

Bank rate and discount rates are two different things. In terms of forex, money is exchanged between one currency to another. If pursued through the proper channels the rate at which the bank converts our currency to another is known as the bank rate. Most times this rate reflects that set by CBN. Black market are secondary channels where currencies are exchanged, due to the volatility and the amount of transactions in a day, the black market are able to offer exchange rates significantly better than the bank rates because of fewer restrictions.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=rozayx5 post=35701967][/quote]

20% yield ? If true, then not good at all, not good. Wow
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by hustla(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
wildchild1:

Yahoo boy alert grin

Oloshi,

Omo ole

Better come dash me TOMS before I curse u

grin grin grin
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by collinsVP: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
abbey621:

Bank rate and discount rates are two different things. In terms of forex, money is exchanged between one currency to another. If pursued through the proper channels the rate at which the bank converts our currency to another is known as the bank rate. Most times this rate reflects that set by CBN. Black market are secondary channels where currencies are exchanged, due to the volatility and the amount of transactions in a day, the black market are able to offer exchange rates significantly better than the bank rates because of fewer restrictions.

the rate at which the bank converts our currency to another is known as the bank rate. Most times this rate reflects that set by CBN.

Thanks for your time
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by philips70(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
anonimi:

The news story was published FIVE whole days before the elections. Kindly show us where Gen. Muhammadu Buhari denied saying it or corrected the "misinterpretation". Or is he no longer an incorruptible man of integrity
Thanks.

Reasons why I say GEJ's dullness and cluelessness has rubbed off on you guys. Kindly show where $1=N1 is quoted in this report. You can only fool the real dullards which you guys recruited into this forum.

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.

Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.buhari-Naira

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.

Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

Did you do comprehension in school or you were flying kite around when it was being taught?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
I will make N1 equal to $1

Onye Ara!

Mouth Action Dullardihno Presido

Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by juniour4u(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Buhari did nt promise 1$ to 1n he said I COULD REMEMBER OF NIGERIA OF ONE$ TO ONE NAIRA
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Adminisher: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Mprepz:
ALL thanks to BUHARI

No sir. Your brother Jonathan and his ministers caused it. I see jail terms their future.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Adminisher:

No sir. Your brother Jonathan and his ministers caused it. I see jail terms their future.

Lol...jonathan can never go to jail
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by LOVEGINO(m): 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Why re we comparing Naira to Dollar? US got their independence 239yrs ago and we got ours 64yrs ago. Haba na! I pity 4 anybody generation wey dey wait make 1dollar become 1naira.
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by Yasirarafat: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Naira Drops To 235 Against Dollar by valmunich(m): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
235??

jeez! this is quite pitiful!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote: Even If FG Wants To Sell NLNG On Credit, I Am Not Interested / Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern / Dangote Group Begins Installation Of Rice Factory In Kebbi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.