Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) (680 Views)

Samsung See-through Safety Truck (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) by aboyaji(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
The Korean electronics behemoth unveiled a prototype tractor trailer that allows vehicles behind large lorries to essentially see through the vehicle. Samsung calls it the Safety Truck, and it is fitted with a wireless camera on the front and four large exterior monitors on the truck’s rear. The company says motorists behind the rig see exactly what is happening in front of it, enhancing drivers’ awareness of overtaking safety, whether during day or night. The Safety Truck is just a prototype for now, but Samsung’s in talks with non-government agencies and governments to do more testing.

Source : http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20150702-month-in-tech-an-audi-on-the-moon

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) by Benndted(m): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
grin
Re: Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) by enigstil(m): 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wonders on wheel.Simply amazing
Re: Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) by Kingsasian(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Choi! If I dey drive behind this one my eyes go turn me. Samsung is very innovative.
Re: Samsung's See Through Truck (+picture) by ephemm(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
aboyaji:
The Korean electronics behemoth unveiled a prototype tractor trailer that allows vehicles behind large lorries to essentially see through the vehicle. Samsung calls it the Safety Truck, and it is fitted with a wireless camera on the front and four large exterior monitors on the truck’s rear. The company says motorists behind the rig see exactly what is happening in front of it, enhancing drivers’ awareness of overtaking safety, whether during day or night. The Safety Truck is just a prototype for now, but Samsung’s in talks with non-government agencies and governments to do more testing.
Source : http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20150702-month-in-tech-an-audi-on-the-moon
Lalasticlala

At Night, the light from the monitor might have negative effects on some drivers.

(1) (Reply)

My Gear Gets Stuck / ... / I Need Your Advise Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.