Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? (322 Views)

Vacancy For Primary School Teachers(preference For Science) / When Asked About Salary Preference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? by Ibiyomee(f): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
Another controversial topic I have been pondering over for sometime, which sometimes put me in a state of panic since we don’t know where we will end up for employment.

Has anyone watch the movie “The Devil Wears Prada is a 2006 comedy-drama film based on Lauren Weisberger’s 2003 novel of the same name. This screen adaptation stars Anne Hathaway as Andrea Sachs, a college graduate who goes to New York City and lands a job as a co-assistant to powerful fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly, played by Meryl Streep.” This movie sends shivers down my spine, should i be afraid of all women bosses, are they slave drivers, do they even have any feelings at all in their well dressed bodies?

This also apply to the Men, I’ve heard stories of how the male bosses treat members of their staffs regardless of their gender, making them feel as if they are inferior to them because of the positions they hold, pushing them to breaking point, setting targets that are impossible to be met.

All this been said, are all what I heard and saw in a movie enough for me to conclude, I’ll say NO..there is a mix feeling out there. Some women/men categorically said they would prefer to work for a male boss instead of a women while some men/women said they would rather work for a woman than a man.

This hasn’t put my mind at rest one bit, the best way forward in this situation is to have a first hand experience which would enable us to decide whether we prefer a male or a female as a boss.

Would love to hear your opinion or experiences .

gendervanguard.
Re: Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? by Cutehector(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lady on top
Re: Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? by obajoey(m): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
if you are applying to a teaching position and a woman is the boss, pls go and borrow usain bolt boot and run for your life.

Generally, female bosses do have this pride they use in victimizing those juniors working with them. they dont see it that you are working with them, they see it that you are working for them.
And the last time i checked most dont have a happy home(family) if at all they are married.

Men are not left out as well but its sometimes easy to sort yourself out in the case of a man than a woman.

1 Like

Re: Woman Or Man Boss: What Your Preference? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
I think as a guy i will prefer a male boss.

It should be easier to create a good "work relationship" with my boss if he is male.

Besides, women tend to "over do it" when they are in a position that command respect and authority.

(1) (Reply)

Call Skyplus For Your Experienced Driver For Office Use! / I Need A Medical Representative Job / A Friend Needs Driving Job In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.