Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Should She File For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should She File For Divorce (630 Views)

Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / "I Am Tired Of Feeding And Clothing My Husband", A Woman Begs Court For Divorce / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She File For Divorce by tobodex(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hello
I have a lady friend who got married to guy supposed to be her husband, they have been married for over 9 years now. The husband travelled out of the country after the court wedding. During these 9 years period he as only visited the wife like three to four times and those periods put together is not up to two months. While away he calls her like twice in two or three months, he sends money to her like once a month, but when ever my friend tries to call him on phone, his phone will ring without him answering the call, and when he eventually sees the missed call, he will and say “I will call you later” and that call later might be after three days. His excuse is that he is trying to work her visa to meet him where he is and he is very busy with work. They have 3 kids together and the oldest is about 11 years.
Now are they really married, is that what marriage is really about or what……..Now she considering divorce, but I told her to consider the aftermath well; she should think on the option of divorce VERY well before taking action.
Please any advice on what she can do please – to stay or break off. Please wise advice please.
Re: Should She File For Divorce by raayah(f): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
/

1 Like

Re: Should She File For Divorce by enoqueen: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
If her hubby is taking good care of the children, she should stay cos of her kids.

Does she know what she will experience from another man and what will happen to the children after ......
Re: Should She File For Divorce by cococandy(f): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
It depends on what she really wants

To be single again or a life like this forever.
Because it's definitely not going to change.
He can't leave his family over there for her.
She's just the home wife. Married to satisfy those at home.

9yrs and she's yet to join him. She's still believing him? Story story.

Does he even know any of his 3kids? Since he's only been around like a total of a few months in 9 yrs. she's a single mom if she doesn't know. Na to just make the thing official remain.

Or she could decide not file for divorce and live her life the way she wants without the expense of a divorce. But bearing in mind that she has a baby daddy in some far away land who will pop in once in a long while to say hello.

1 Like

Re: Should She File For Divorce by Olami90: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dat is wot u get for one of ur selfish priorities placing ur life on juicy finz. She must av turned down one promising guy here out of numerous offers.

Is it not obvious d man is avin anoda woman over there goin by ur story?I guess dat is wot guaranteed his green card while u are here as home asset he is comin to meet if he ever returns one day @ old age.
He isn't processing any furcking visa for u. he knws if u shld com meet him there, oka don fo b dat.
D earlier u fasten ur belt nd tak gud care of ur children, d better it is for u.
Forget avin husband dat cares somwia. U can also file for divorce but afta she must av discuss it wit him in one of d few opportunities dey do av to talk(phone or in person).
Re: Should She File For Divorce by zed7: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
How does divorce help in this case? She isn't even seeing him before. Let her find a way to bring him back. Pressurize family members or something.

(1) (Reply)

I Cheat On My Wife Because I Love Her / Please I Need Advice / Learn How To Make Your Breast Firm Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.