Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Heaven Or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Or Hell? (2120 Views)

Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Imagine There Is No Heaven or Hell. / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heaven Or Hell? by Shortyy(f): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2015
Ok, i was arguing with a friend of mine on where the pagans will go to, well my opinion is if you are a righteous person, that is, if you do the right things you are definitely going to heaven. even if you a Christian, a pagan, a hundi or whatever.. what do you all think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by onosprince(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Shortyy:
Ok, i was arguing with a friend of mine on where the pagans will go to, well my opinion is if you are a righteous person, that is, if you do the right things you are definitely going to heaven. even if you a Christian, a pagan, a hundi or whatever.. what do you all think?

Lake of fire

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Shortyy(f): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2015
onosprince:

Lake of fire
i don't think so.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by cupidhero(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2015
Shortyy:
God is not that merciful. He might let a buddhist in but i don't think he will let a christian who never goes to church in.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Shortyy(f): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2015
cupidhero:

God is not that merciful. He might let a buddhist in but i don't think he will let a christian who never goes to church in.
even if your soul is pure? c'mon! most of these christians sin more than pagans!
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Shortyy(f): 11:01am On Jul 11, 2015
JeanLuc:
How can a person do the right thing and still be a pagan?
Op, aren't you contracdicting yourself.
lol. my dear, some people don't go to church, but they are as Good as Jesus christ himself

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by NnaNna4(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2015
If u have never heard about the Gospel, you will be judged by doing right/wrong ( conscience).

ROM 2:12

Once u have been preached to...then u must be born again or hell
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by johnydon22(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
Even if i didn't know your religion inside out.

The fact that you have no problem with the idea that people who don't believe as you do is going to burn in a literal fire forever, regardless of how good they were.

Tells me everything i need to know about your religion and YOU

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by paxonel(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2015
cupidhero:

pagans are not christians who don't go to church, i don't know where they get that definition from.
pagans were people who practice ancient religions that had many
gods and praised nature.
Today, pagans are people who practice religions that are not among the main known religions of the world such as Christianity, Judaism, Hindu, bhudaism, Islam etc
so, nobody in Christianity is a pagan, if you like stop going to church, so long you still believe in Jesus you remain a Christian
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
U mean on will stay in heaven ages to ages? Or hell?

Tell me more
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Shortyy(f): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
JeanLuc:

There's nothing like being in the sideline in terms of religion.
Christians were assigned by God to worship him on sundays as a form of appreciation or gratitude for his marvelous works.
If you're claiming to be righteous and yet you're neither a hindu, muslim nor christian, then you're deceiving yourself.
Doing the right things and failing to go to church makes you no different from sinners (pagans).
i'm sorry, i disagree with you. most of these people that go to church sin more than the devil himself. so going to church isn't a criteria for heaven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by RaeMystix: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Shortyy:

i'm sorry, i disagree with you. most of these people that go to church sin more than the devil himself. so going to church isn't a criteria for heaven

You're 100% Correct
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by doofanc: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
@OP, A pagan cannot be righteous simply because it has very little to do with his/her good works. Righteousness is a gift from God; when one believes and accepts the finished work of Christ.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

A pagan is a pagan not because of his evil works per say, but because of his refusal to accept Christ. So no matter how good and lofty his action are, or how 'pure' he is, the end that awaits him will be very unpalatable unless he gives his life to Jesus Christ.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by leke12(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
Shortyy:
my dear! Hell is not real it is as false as d 72 virgins in heaven. Live ur life to d fullness,do wot u feel is right and legal, learn from ur mistakes and don't let anyone judge u cause they are worse than u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by leke12(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
JeanLuc:

Proof?
I said is not real u asked me to prove, u can only prove what is in existence. Actually I should be the one asking u dat question if u believe otherwise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by johnydon22(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
JeanLuc:

Proof?
This is a murder of logic. . . how can you ask him to prove that what has not been proven to exist does not exist. . . i think clearly looking at it, Your lack of proof that it exists is the greatest proof for the negate. .

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
JeanLuc:

Yeah. But it's mandatory that you go to church.
If you fail to go to church for the purpose of praising God for sparing your life, then you're an ingrate!
Just see how people die everyday like chickens?
Isn't that enough reason to worship God in his sanctuary.

So, you that worships god in his sanctuary wouldn't die? Some even die in your God's supposed sanctuary, what would you say about that?

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 12, 2015
theAtheist101
What do you mean by you signature?
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2015
JeanLuc:

Yeah. But it's mandatory that you go to church.
If you fail to go to church for the purpose of praising God for sparing your life, then you're an ingrate!
Just see how people die everyday like chickens?
Isn't that enough reason to worship God in his sanctuary.
Any scriptural basis for this? I mean that his sanctuary is that gossipy church building around the corner?

What is the meaning and place of worshiping in spirit and truth?

ps: am not an atheist.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2015
muafrika:
theAtheist101

What do you mean by you signature?

Our universe came from nothing and to nothing it would go.

1 Like

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by toluine56(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Shortyy:

accepting Jesus christ as your Lord and saviour is all one needs to enter heaven.
Anythong short of that, na fire oo, if u like do all the good in the world..it don't count
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pleeeease you all unbelievers should not even try to talk trash about God. Cos wat u people do is just to debate. Let me ask u, how will u know if a food is sweet without tasting it? How will you know God exist without accepting him?

A guy who just gave his life to Christ yesterday has tatoos all over, but still he is in church now nd God is blessing him,far above his imagination. that is to show u how merciful he is.

A girl I met who was taking all manner of hard drugs you can think of since 12 is now a Christian nd now she can see God's favour in her life.

We have reached the times wer does who pervert the truth will be angry with those who accept the truth. More souls are been won into Christ everyday nd still more are falling into hell.

Your problem is that you want to know who created God,who did this , who did that.... Then you talk about pastors eating tithes, lemme tell u, NO SUCCESSFUL PASTOR EATS TITHE. If u see a church not growing, know there is something wrong. Most of u are akanchi , u never pay your tithe , but u ask heaven and earth and later say there is no God. Read Malachi 3:8-10. If I tell u to give me your salary ND u don't see profit,.. Will u give me again? No...

That aside, the bible says except a man be born again,he can't see d kingdom of God. Not only by been born again, fellowship with him.

One thing I hate about you atheists is that, a Christian will open a thread, talking about Christ, then u come from no wer, saying all is a lie. I laugh because the bible is the most current book in the world nd by the time the end comes then everyone will see the truth. P.s if u feel the need to quote me,please do that politely.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Cyberthreat: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2015
Shortyy:

i don't think so.

ah ah! You have to accept him as your lord and personal saviour. B4 u fit smell heaven self.. If u like do all d good things in this world.... So the person hass to accept that jesus rose from the dead and paid a price for him.. B4 he can go to heaven
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by jerrydelight(m): 7:50am On Jul 19, 2015
every religion has a heaven and hell relative to it as well as actions that will get you there. so until we stand before the judgement throne we will never know which is actually referring to the true heaven or hell but I think it is best you believe the most authentic argument that proves to be true which is that of Christian
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Fearcom(m): 9:09am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmm see as people are playing with their immortal souls! What you THINK is totally irrelevant to the TRUTH. If Jesus could come down and die for the sins of mankind, then the seriousness of your personal Salvation cannot be. Overemphasized. Once your life on this earth is over, you step out into Eternity-with God on heaven-Or without him in Hell.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2015
Fearcom:
Hmm see as people are playing with their immortal souls! What you THINK is totally irrelevant to the TRUTH. If Jesus could come down and die for the sins of mankind, then the seriousness of your personal Salvation cannot be. Overemphasized. Once your life on this earth is over, you step out into Eternity-with God on heaven-Or without him in Hell.
and after making heaven or hell, what next?

Ok lets take the heaven. U going to stay there ages to ages? Doing what? Singing and praying, eating and drinking from decades to decades?.....like 100000000trillion centuries, ur in heaven still praying enjoying eternity.

Just think bro. Think..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
krattoss:
and after making heaven or hell, what next?

Ok lets take the heaven. U going to stay there ages to ages? Doing what? Singing and praying, eating and drinking from decades to decades?.....like 100000000trillion centuries, ur in heaven still praying enjoying eternity.

Just think bro. Think..

And after staying on earth, what next?
Ok lets take earth, you're going to stay here, doing whatever you are doing for ages to ages? Doing what? Eating and drinking and prolly fornicating from decades to decades? .... Like 100000000trillion centuries, you're on earth still living in sin.
Re: Heaven Or Hell? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blossom023:

And after staying on earth, what next?
Ok lets take earth, you're going to stay here, doing whatever you are doing for ages to ages? Doing what? Eating and drinking and prolly fornicating from decades to decades? .... Like 100000000trillion centuries, you're on earth still living in sin.
who says we gonna stay forever on earth?

Mtchhhew

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is God? / What Can God Not Do? / Another Religious Crisis In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.