Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Porting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Porting (826 Views)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / Etisalat Recorded The Highest Incoming Porting Activities In Q1 2017 – Ncc / Its Official: I'm Porting From MTN To GLO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porting by OluToye: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes to port from one network to another (mtn to Etisalat to be precise)
Re: Porting by Bratking(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
12 months.
Re: Porting by OluToye: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol. No Seriously now..
Re: Porting by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
It depends on you @Op. How long does it take you to remove a sim and insert another sim in your phone??
Re: Porting by Gboliwe: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Less than 20minutes.
Re: Porting by Bratking(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
OluToye:
Does anyone know how long it takes to port from one network to another (mtn to Etisalat to be precise)

am assuming you meant migrating to one network to another without loosing your sim number right? well it depends on the service provider you're porting to. there is no real time limit here.
Re: Porting by OluToye: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

am assuming you meant migrating to one network to another without loosing your sim number right? well it depends on the service provider you're porting to. there is no real time limit here.

Yes dats what I meant. Does anyone have any first hand experience or know someone who does. Planning on switching from mtn to Etisalat & need advice
Re: Porting by Gboliwe: 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
OluToye:

Yes dats what I meant. Does anyone have any first hand experience or know someone who does. Planning on switching from mtn to Etisalat & need advice

Then do it and stop making noise. I just told you it will take less than 20mts and you are still asking questions. Mcheeeeew.

I ported from MTN to etisalat 4th August 2013 and it didn't take more than 20mts.
Re: Porting by OluToye: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Gboliwe:

Then do it and stop making noise. I just told you it will take less than 20mts and you are still asking questions. Mcheeeeew.
I ported from MTN to etisalat 4th August 2013 and it didn't take more than 20mts.

Oga thank you. So did your number start working on Etisalat immediately? Sorry if I'm making noise, I just want to know the process b4 I get into it.
Re: Porting by Gboliwe: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
OluToye:

Oga thank you. So did your number start working on Etisalat immediately? Sorry if I'm making noise, I just want to know the process b4 I get into it.

What was the question you asked that was answered? Na wa for you sha.

When I said it will take less than 20mts, it means my line started working in less than 20mts after I went through the process of identification, form filling etal
Re: Porting by OluToye: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks!!
Re: Porting by Bratking(m): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
OluToye:

Why don't you go down to an etisalat friendship center closest to you. am sure they will be able to help you out. it's their job to help you.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get An Android Phone For This Amount? / What Is The Importance Of Rooting My Phone? / Android One Devices Are Now Getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.