Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,242 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Micro-finance Loan - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Micro-finance Loan (1414 Views)

Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? / Customers Harass Kesley Mega Micro-Finance Bank MD In Enugu, Police Intervenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micro-finance Loan by afuye(m): 12:06am On Jul 12, 2015
There is this saying that whosoever collects money from LAPO Microfinance won't pay it. I have heard stories about how much hardship people face paying loans borrowed from this society. Not one or two stories that I have heard.

I wonder if it is not a secret society! Is the loans bound with hardship spiritually or is it the debtors who are not prudent in the proper utilization of the funds collected. I need your candid and honest opinions.

Now to the floor.
Re: Micro-finance Loan by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:52am On Jul 12, 2015
LAPO loan is for small scale entrepreneur but people stupidly collect the loan to pay debt, pay school fees of children and wards or pay house rent.

I heard of a guy at Bariga who collected it, bought a second-hand mini bus and uses it to commute commuters from Bariga to Onipanu. He had finished servicing the debt.

If your business yields on daily basis, like transport business; I will advise you take the loan but if you have to wait unend for customers to come, I will advise you stay clear because failure to pay at the end of the week will attract fine/interest at a higher rate.

1 Like

Re: Micro-finance Loan by afuye(m): 6:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Paulpaulpaul

I guess loan and principal payment is weekly unlike conventional loans which is monthly and that makes difficult to pay for non-liquid business in which the money is so invested!
Re: Micro-finance Loan by Galaxyroyp(m): 7:20am On Jul 12, 2015
That is GBOMU LE LANTERN.
I can advice you to take the loan if: your business is a sure banker, i mean if your business is yeilding very well.
As paulpaulpaul said, "using the money to pay debt, school fees. E.t.c is a big prob

If: you can pay weekly, unlike the monthly loans.

Be careful bro.
Re: Micro-finance Loan by Hkenny: 8:18am On Jul 12, 2015
is this loan for A specific state only or for the general states?
Re: Micro-finance Loan by queenprecy(f): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2015
following
Re: Micro-finance Loan by OCTAVO: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hkenny:
is this loan for A specific state only or for the general states?
General issue.
Re: Micro-finance Loan by OCTAVO: 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
My advice; if you have an existing biz with high income, don't bother to take this loan, or else your business will go down!
If your business is booming well, you don't need any loan. Don't invite trouble for yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Micro-finance Loan by queenprecy(f): 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
OCTAVO:
My advise; if you have an existing biz with high income, don't bother to take this loan, or else your business will go down!
If your business is booming well, you don't need any loan. Don't invite trouble for yourself!
OK wat of a beginner or start up capital? wats Ur advice
Re: Micro-finance Loan by OCTAVO: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
queenprecy:
OK wat of a beginner or start up capital? wats Ur advice
General speaking, it is not advisable to start any biz with loan. I'll advise you have 80% of the capital and 20% of loan (if necessary). If the loan is not from a commercial bank, it's a big NO for me. Most importantly, use the loan for what it is meant for; BUSINESS.
Re: Micro-finance Loan by ademutiu: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Please be careful how you open thread with an organisation's name. You wanted to clarify or make an enquiry but you opened a thread insinuating something else......

1 Like

Re: Micro-finance Loan by Galaxyroyp(m): 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
I smell something just now- you are affliated to LAPO.
ademutiu:
Please be careful how you open thread with an organisation's name. You wanted to clarify or make an enquiry but you opened a thread insinuating something else......
Re: Micro-finance Loan by ademutiu: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
I smell something just now- you are affliated to LAPO.

Funny you...well, no grudges...just tried calling his attention to the erroneous topic

1 Like

Re: Micro-finance Loan by afuye(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2015
Noted boss
ademutiu:

Funny you...well, no grudges...just tried calling his attention to the erroneous topic

(1) (Reply)

.. / I Need A Satchet Water Nylon Printing Machine For Immediate Purchase / Bloggers: How I Registered My Blog For ₦397 ($1.17) On Godaddy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.