Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? (5252 Views)

Are There Any Good Printers? For A Creative Business? / I'd Like To Partner With Any Good Portrait Artist In Nigeria To Bring Out The Be / Any Good Graphic Designer In Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 8:39am On Oct 21, 2005
are there any good 3d modellers in the house? (3DS preferably but not important).
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by layi(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2005
Yep.
I'm a webdesigner and 3D animator. I use 3D Max. Wazup?
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2005
aiight! i need a 3D model of a Buckministerfullerine ‘Bucky Ball’. you might be thinking WTF? I've attached an image.  if you want to know more about these balls, here's a link -> http://www.imbris.net/~jfromm/bucky/bucky.htm

i'd prefer a red inner ball with a bluish-white (or glowing) wireframe container. hope i'm clear. thanks! holler back.

sorry to ruin your hopes, if u thought this was a job placement ad.

Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2005
guy! how far now? who sabi this thing?
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by Seun(m): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2005
Two thoughts:
- Layi has said that he does some 3d modelling
- Why don't you [b]offer some money [/b]for this help you're asking for?
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by layi(m): 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2005
Simple!

3D is no bean cake. Its not webdesignin where i can just send u some codes or do 1 or 2 flash pages (templates) for u.
The smallest character modeling in 3D takes lot of time especially the rendering process.
I expect c0dec to Pm if he was really serious.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 2:35am On Oct 25, 2005
Seun:

- Why don't you [b]offer some money [/b]for this help you're asking for?

can't do that. it's not for commercial use. maybe i should have asked if there were GPL 3D modellers here.

layi:

Simple!

3D is no bean cake. Its not webdesignin where i can just send u some codes or do 1 or 2 flash pages (templates) for u.
The smallest character modeling in 3D takes lot of time especially the rendering process.
I expect c0dec to Pm if he was really serious.

yes i'm serious and i just prefered to leave the topic open for more options.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by adesodgi(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2005
nothing good comes free my brother,only salvation...........so think deeply bout this if you need it badly,NEGOTIATE !
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by demmy(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2005
c0dec why dont you search the net for some free models; as layi said 3ds are not easily produced but still there some free models online you can find.   good luck
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2005
i've already searched. there's no 3ds bucky ball on the net. but no problems i've found someone to do it for me. he's a real 3d modeller and it's a piece of cake to him.

ps: i'd rather come up with an algorithm to render the bucky ball in opengl than pay some dude for it.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by timmy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2005
codec, don't mind all this money freeks tongue they like bar too much grin anyways.. do you know how to use corel draw? if you do create the designs in corel draw save it as an adobe illustrator file (.ai) and import it into any 3d application. it simple.. you can do it all by your self
download swift3d for free, its one of the most simple 3d applications around. don't mind seun and layi they like money to much

http://www.latinbusca.com/linkeos/download%20free%20swift3d

N.B just in case you need to know the link and tips would cost you N120,000 grin
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2005
grin thanks for the info man. i'll try it out but hmm... i'll have to learn how to use corel draw first rolleyes
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2006
Yup... here's a modeler in the house (Lightwave 8.3).

check out one of my human models:

She's one of the lead characters in my upcoming animated feature. The image on bottom right is the final render. Trying to emulate the 2D style by applying the unreal toon shader.

There's also a Hummer2 screen grab (Still a Work In Progress though).

Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2006
nice man! nice! but i no longer need a modeller (at the moment though). i'll holler at you when i need ya wink

and i just saw the movie appleseed last night (it's a cel-shaded anime). keep it up, man.  cool
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2006
c0dec:

nice man! nice! but i no longer need a modeller (at the moment though). i'll holler at you when i need ya wink

and i just saw the movie appleseed last night (it's a cel-shaded anime). keep it up, man. cool

LOL.... actually I thought you were just trying to find out if there were 3D modelers in the house...I didn't really think it was a job placement ad...just my way of saying 'present sah!' smiley

Appleseed is definitely cool and I love that style kiss. I've been doing the cell shaded stuff since 2003 and I am luvin' it.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2006
hey grafikdon. are u familiar with BSP trees?
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2006
c0dec:

hey grafikdon. are u familiar with BSP trees?

BSP... as in Binary Space Partitioning...oh hell nah! Anything that has to do with codes/programming/java/whateva gives me the creeps...I don't even look at them twice. grin
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 1:33am On Jan 05, 2006
grin

yeah BSP trees can be scary. but nowadays, a BSP scenes can be done by the 3d artists (if map building is your thing). http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Bsp_making

i'm actually trying to add a BSP or Quad tree to a demo, i did. it's quite inefficient because the whole world is being rendered at once (it's a heavily tessellated labyrinth)

i came up with an algorithm to render the world. no models involved since i don't know how to model 3d. so everything is code level.

i was hoping you could model the world for me and also add the BSP tree automatically. just wishful thinking.  undecided
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 4:03am On Jan 05, 2006
c0dec:

grin

yeah BSP trees can be scary. but nowadays, a BSP scenes can be done by the 3d artists (if map building is your thing). http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Bsp_making

i'm actually trying to add a BSP or Quad tree to a demo, i'm did. it's quite inefficient because the whole world is being rendered at once (it's a heavily tessellated labyrinth)

i came up with an algorithm to render the world. no models involved since i don't know how to model 3d. so everything is code level.

i was hoping you could model the world for me and also add the BSP tree automatically. just wishful thinking. undecided

To be perfectly HONEST... I have distanced myself from anything related to game development/programming 'cause to me it is asking  too much. Animation (film/tv whatever) is a handful...that beast is way too vast to have my hands on any other angle. In this biz, you either have one leg in hell or heaven (errrr....not literally)...you can't shove both in the two kingdoms without getting flamed.

;DI must say those cool cars in Grand turismo and errrrr...the well executed backgrounds in Resident evil games pushed me further into computer animation, apart from some of the old Disney animated movies (before they started to suck) and animated films by the Japanese legend Miyazaki. Sad that I have to abandon that field (game dev) but I feel more comfortable with the whole Film/TV animation.

Who knows, maybe I could model the world in Lightwave but going thru any game related tutorial...man, that's like forcing me to sit through ten episodes of [insert the worst TV show ever]...that's murder, I tell ya.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 5:00am On Jan 05, 2006
yeah, game dev does have it's trying moments but let's just say i get used to it more everyday.

looks like i'm going to have to learn some basic 3d modelling then (just that i barely have time for that). it's inevitable anyway. milkshape3d here i come.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2006
hey does anybody here have 3D war models (3ds preferably). battletanks, helmets, grenades, and the rest?
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2006
Hey codec dude, I have a Lee Enfield No.4 MK 1 rifle. If you are gonna use it for game related stuff then you have to do a lot of polygon reduction 'cause that one is made for film/TV. I also have an MIG-17 readyto go, you're probably looking for current weapons but if ya need a good ol MIG-17, you're going to get it.

Okay, the only catch is they are not textured, you gotta do that yourself.

If I get back on time I will load it on my website and give ya the download link, or I could send it through e-mail (not sure about the size though). I also have a Saladin Armoured car and Saracen Armoured Personnel carrier, those are intended for the free download section of my site but I will let you have 'em as soon as I am done (assuming you don't need 'em ASAP).
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 12:07am On Apr 14, 2006
hey man grin. how u been?

i'm actually doing a demo showcasing battlefield effects using vertex and pixel shaders (course work grin)

a. Shiny airplanes rendered using basic illumination model.
b. Bumpy brick walls rendered with bump mapping and Parallax mapping techniques
c. Animated water surfaces
d. Sky and mountains using cube mapping technique
e. Fire, smoke, and explosions rendered with particle systems techniques
f. Animated satin battle flags simulated using anisotropic illumination techniques.
g. Reflection and refraction effects generated from shiny and transparent objects in the battle field, such as water surface, glass battles, mirrors.
h. Any other models and effects you want to add to increase the realism of the battlefield.

i've got most of the shaders working (RenderMonkey saves the day smiley). i now have to put in a proper battlefield demo. unfortunately, my artistic mind is failing me so maybe you can help me out. i don't have much time though, just barely a week.

the guns aren't really important as they just going to be lying around with dead soldiers. if you've got animated md2 models of running soldiers or a link to one, i'd really appreciate it but it's not so important. (low polygons please because i still have to load in a large terrain)

it's the war vehicles such as the battletanks that would be swell cool. if you've also got airplanes too and ammo models (mortars, shells), that'll be grand. i don't' have a perfect idea of how's everything going to look like yet and i'm not exactly a war games fan (but i think i'm going to love "killzone" when the PS3 hits).

i'd prefer a link rather than an email. but if its easier for u to email, then send it to c0dec7@yahoo.com

thanks a lot man. i owe u one.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2006
Whoa! shocked

That's one huckuva long list, dude, wish you'd told me earlier. I will try to come up with some of stuff before the end of next week. The airplanes, you will have to make do with MIG-17s unless you're looking for a specific warplane, I will also try to come up with a low poly battle tank and the running soldier, really have to dig into the whole md2 conversion 'cause like I told you before, I have distanced myself from game developement,

The fire and particles won't be a problem, just have to figure out how to optimize 'em for whatever game engine you're using (Quake2, right?). The terrain, hmmmm well once you get the other stuff, the terrain won't be much of a headache.

I'll send ya something before the weekend expires.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 7:36pm On Apr 15, 2006
thanks a lot man but you don't' have to do everything on the list. it's just a list of the effects i have to implement using pixel/vertex shaders. i've written the most of the shaders for the effects. all i need are just models so ignore the particle systems - i've got them working already.

i'm writing my own engine (basic really) using directX so i'll have to export whatever model you give me to the X file format (or if you've got an X file exporter, maybe you could export them for me). handling animations with the X file format will be a pain and time-consuming so you can just ignore the running soldiers - it's not neccessarily a requirement

so to summarise, these are the models i'll more or less need:

- airplanes
- walls (3d quads), building strutures
- flag (with a pole)
- bottles, compases (any war-type instrument that might reflect or refract light)
- battletanks, guns, any other thing your imagination (and time) can conjure up.

i'll search for terrain models on the internet.

thanks a lot man, you're a lifesaver. grin
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 1:35am On Apr 17, 2006
hey. . . the hummer with a camo texture. . . /smiley
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by grafikdon: 12:29am On Apr 22, 2006
codec, see if you can grab abything from the download section of my website while I try to figure out the possibility of making the rest available. Sorry I didn't get back at ya, was kinda tied up at this end.

hee's the link, enjoy

http://www.mayhemproductions.org/Downloads.htm
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by c0dec(m): 2:28am On Apr 22, 2006
no probs man. thanks. i got the hummer, MIG and guns. nice site you've got.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by sweeteje(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2006
I luv this.3d animation is somethin i've always wanted 2 go into.I'm thinkin of creating a portfolio. Can someone give me some ideas
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by doksng(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2006
Nice Site, grafikdon
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by Swish(m): 9:14am On Jul 07, 2006
@ grafikdon. That's some nice work. I do some animation myself (but not 3D). I use Macromedia Flash. I even run motion animation but not full length. I'll try getting my hands 3D Max and see how it runs.
Re: Any Good 3D Modellers in the House? by emak1991: 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
I'm into 3d modeling and animation. I use blender and I use Maya.If u are interested in learning 3d modeling and animation, call me on 08106244065(Rainbow view animation).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Logos For The First 3 People To Drop Their Request / Images from Fetch Nigeria / Happy First Monday Of The Month Friends.. @ #naira_grafix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.