Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Which Is The Best Martial Art Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Is The Best Martial Art Game? (816 Views)

Temple Run 2 Now Features Legendary Martial Artist Bruce Lee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Martial Art Game? by YEMINEM(m): 1:10am On Mar 08, 2009
Hey Guys,

Which of the following is the best beat 'em up of all time?

1. STREET FIGHTER series
2. MORTAL KOMBAT series
3. TEKKEN series
4. SOUL CALIBUR series
5. VIRTUAL FIGHTER series

I personally think Mortal Kombat is the best of 'em all specifically MK3 Ultimate and MK Trilogy

because of it superb digitized frame by frame motion, The franchise really offered what i believe to

be the true fighting experience in terms of realistic fighting and combo execution. I know a lot of

combat games fans out there won't agree at all and instead would prefer SF, SC, etc, i love those

too but i sincerely enjoyed MK's simulation of how a martial art should fight should be played instead

of some 2 dimensional SFII's unrealistic cartoonish combo sequences, well SF is fun too especially

ChunLi's hundred kick but MK is my no.1 any day (hold on, wait, before you say that, i know, yes

MK4 is wack, i never liked it @ all, even Deadly Alliance and Defiance has their flaws) but MK3

Ultim8 & MKTrilogy are still my favourite and i hereby proclaim to be the best player of it in Lagos.

Bring it on if you dare try n challenge me. Far back then and up till now I could n can still use any

character, i know all their moves, combo, brutality, fatality, ya know the whole drill. Any way some

of you might say MK is full of blood and gore, it fight session is short, its kinda dull n dry, combat

control is lame, bla, bla, bla, but guess what? it's a mature game for matured players,

Yeah, yeah, yeah i know during its inception days it generated numerous controversies, a lot of

debating, citing how it related to social issues even i think their was a time the Christian

Association of America speared a motion on having it banned due to the its violent content and a US

senator or some1 4rm the American government made moves just to i think ban it too. But MK survived

and i still love it, prefer it very much to other fighting games.

I choose MK, so what's yours and please kindly state your reason.

--%^$&%$^ Finnish Him #%*(^&%$$@#^

Gen Gen Geeeeeen

Gbssh

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Skluaash (impaled)
Re: Which Is The Best Martial Art Game? by rite2salas(m): 7:15am On Mar 08, 2009
Tekken all the way. Realistic combat to some degree. It doesnt have fireballs, come over here and all other long range attacks that exploits the weakness of the game itself. In my opinion i still think
Tekken is 1
Virtual Figter 2
MK, SF and all others 3
Re: Which Is The Best Martial Art Game? by YEMINEM(m): 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2009
rite2salas:

Tekken all the way. Realistic combat to some degree. It doesnt have fireballs, come over here and all other long range attacks that exploits the weakness of the game itself. In my opinion i still think
Tekken is 1
Virtual Figter 2
MK, SF and all others 3

U are damn right about tekken having no fireball, i have long long long played tekken 1 but some months ago i played DARK RESURECTION on my PSP and i love it so much but that was because MK Trilogy didn't worked after converting from a PSOne as an eboot. it got corrupted and i had no other copy. You see MK is all about anticipation, you anticipate ur opponents next attack then u quickly block those long rage attacks, Scorpion's come-over-here attack and u teleport with either Ermac or u Down Up with Smoke but tekken is not like that, tekken requires a player to have a dedicated character because each of its fighters have so many moves one could possibly memorise in a year, what the hell.

nuff said.

(1) (Reply)

[url]gamescom 2009: Mass Effect 2 Demo Is Overheating Xboxes[/url] / Swimming Suits For Plus Sizers?: / Can Video Games Have Positive Effects? E.g Grand Theft Auto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.