Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) (1816 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Killed & Her Blood Sprinkled On Ogun Shrine (Photos) / Man Who Defrauds People on Instagram & Whatsapp Arrested In Ibadan (Photo) / Barrenness: Wife Attacks Husband With Acid in Ibadan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by timm1990(m): 6:40am On Jul 12, 2015
TWENTY-YEAR-OLD Nifemi Bamigboye was a very vibrant young lady. Vivacious, she was the toast of her family as the last born. Her father, Mr Oladele Bamigboye (61), really doted on her and had made up his mind to make sure that she got to the peak of her academic career. Her starting point was her admission into The Polytechnic, Ibadan, where she was a Level One National Diploma student in the Department of Business Administration. But the father’s dreams were rudely cut short on May 14, 2015 when a driver of one of the shuttle buses, popularly called Ajumose bus, being run by the Pacesetter Transport Services Limited, crushed her to death at Samonda area, along Sango-UI road, Ibadan. Sunday Tribune learnt that the bus with registration number OYO 14B-73OY was driven by one Ogundele Mukaila in an alleged reckless manner. It was gathered that the driver tried to overtake another vehicle and, in the process, knocked down the girl who was riding on a motorcycle which was on its own lane. As the girl was thrown off the motorcycle, the driver was said to have run over the girl, crushing her head under the big tyres of his vehicle. Nifemi died on the spot, her head broken, with her eyes popped out, even as her brain matter got spattered on the road. Police investigations had revealed that the driver was not duly licensed, thereby not qualified to drive on the public highway. A police report attached to the documents filed in the court by the Bamigboye family’s lawyer also indicated that the accident occurred due to the recklessness and negligence of the driver. As if this was not enough pain for the distraught parents of the deceased, the father of the deceased, Mr Bamigboye, who spoke with Sunday Tribune, lamented that the driver and the company he worked for had not shown any sympathy towards the monumental loss experienced by him and his household. Aside not visiting the family to commiserate with them on the loss before the burial, Mr Bamigboye said that the meetings so far held by the family with the representatives of the company, led, one Adeyemi Oluwakorede Oluwole, who was the General Manager before Governor Ajimobi dissolved his cabinet had not yielded fruits. According to Mr Bamigboye, “after several failed promises, my family members had a meeting with the former General Manager on June 18, 2015, and a representative from the Ministry of Transport at the company’s premises at Eleyele. They told us that they were able to raise N500,000 among themselves and that an insurance company would come in later. He asked us to withdraw the case from court. “We told them we would go and discuss within the family and get back to them. But the family rejected the amount, after it was learnt from impeccable sources that N1.5 million was approved for the family. It is an insult for the transport company to offer N500,000 as compensation for the irreparable loss we have suffered. “While we are not trying to make money from our daughter’s death, we believe that the company’s gesture underrates the emotional and psychological trauma that the action of its driver has caused the Bamigboye family.” Mr Bamigboye said that his health had nosedived since his daughter’s death. Sunday Tribune learnt that the mother of the deceased had to be admitted when she learnt of her daughter’s death. The father was also hospitalised for two weeks after the lady’s burial. He disclosed to Sunday Tribune that he was on admission in the hospital for two weeks due to high blood pressure which refused to abate despite all medications. “I almost died if not that God spared me. I am a tailor but I was preparing for a restful old age through my daughter who was the last of my fruits. I am also disabled in the leg; now the driver has destroyed the future I planned by killing my daughter,” the man lamented in tears. Attempts by Sunday Tribune to speak with the General Manager shortly before the state governor relieved political appointees of their duties were met with rebuff, even as he rained expletives on this writer. When he was approached for his comment, Oluwole said he was not competent to talk as a government official. Further moves to explain why he needed to speak on behalf of the transport company were interrupted by him. Suddenly, he became angry and started using obscene words such as “What the f—k?”, “I don’t care a f—k”, “you are getting on my nerves”. He later dared the writer to “go and write whatever you want to write”, walking away. Lawyers to the Bamigboye family, Crown Solicitors, had written a letter addressed to the General Manager of Pacesetter Transport Service Limited, demanding a sum of N200 million for the Bamigboyes “for the irreparable loss of their daughter, late Miss Nifemi Bamigboye”. “Most disheartening and arrantly callous is the fact that your company has been taking the issue as if it is not a life that is involved,” the letter stated. It further read that the family would not hesitate to put all legal machineries in motion if at the expiration of seven days of the receipt of the letter, the Pacesetter company refused and/or neglected to accede to the demand. The attitude of the company, through its General Manager, has prompted the Bamigboye family to approach the court to assist them to get the compensation for the loss of the young lady. In a writ of summons with suit number I/348/15 and dated July 2, 2015, between Mr Bamigboye Bamidele (claimant) and Pacesetter Transport Services Limited, Oyo State Government and Alhaji Ogundele Mukaila (defendants), Mr Bamigboye is claiming N200 million as “special and general damages for the perpetual loss suffered by the claimant (Mr Bamigboye) and his entire family as a result of the death of his daughter, Miss Nifemi Bamigboye caused by the third defendant’s negligence while in the employment of the first and second defendants.” Among the particulars of negligence stated in the summons were that the third defendant was not validly licensed and not qualified to drive on public highway and he was driving at a speed which was excessive under the circumstances.

Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by hawk05(m): 6:44am On Jul 12, 2015
shocked
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by INTROVERT(f): 6:47am On Jul 12, 2015
cry
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by ibkgab001: 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
Sorry to the girl.... Rip to her...
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by mytime24(f): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2015
Rip
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by hawk05(m): 6:50am On Jul 12, 2015
INTROVERT:
cry
you no dey go church in?
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by legendboy(m): 6:51am On Jul 12, 2015
uwa na emekwa ntughari
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by donjuviam(m): 6:59am On Jul 12, 2015
ogun o
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2015
So Pathetic
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by emmysexxy(f): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2015
embarassedRIP
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by Nicepoker(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2015
Its called accidents. Unprepared events. RIP young girl.
Re: See This Pretty Girl Killed By Ajumose Shuttle Bus In Ibadan (photo) by Allsmyles(f): 1:06am On Jul 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

8 Important Points To Note If You Get Arrested / Exclusive:why Brilliant Lagos Lawyer Dulled Her Pains With Hubby’s Bloody Murder / Linda And 7 Others Wanted By Nigerian Police (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.