Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,319 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada (531 Views)

Supreme Court Reserves Judgment in PDP Leadership Tussle / Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Senators - Photos / 2019: Atiku, Dankwambo Fingered In PDP Leadership Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by abu12: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2015
http://leadership.ng/news/446403/ward-congress-no-face-off-with-pdp-leadership-wada

Governor of Kogi State, Capt. Idris Wada (Rtd) has dismissed insinuations that there is a face-off between him and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over ward congress in the state.
This follows reports of an alleged misunderstanding between the governor and the party, following the party’s decision to cancel the Ward Congress held in the state, which was reportedly marred by irregularities, to favour the governor.
Speaking in an interview in Abuja yesterday, the governor said what was being insinuated was a misunderstanding of the issue, which he said was however being resolved.
“There is no face-off between me and the party with regards to ward congress. The leadership of the party is the leadership of the party; what is happening is more like a misunderstanding of the issue but it is being resolved. We are in discussion with the national leadership and I believe in the next few days, that matter will be resolved,” he explained.
Also commenting on the issue of power rotation in the state which is now on the front burner, barely four months to the governorship election in the state, Wada said the issue to him, was about equity and fairness, pointing out that no particular tribe has the monopoly of the leadership of any state.
“I believe in power rotation and that it is an equitable thing to do but there is a process. I’m surprised that people only bring this up whenever we are close to an election and to me, it belittles the significance and essence and I think our leaders need to get together and work out modalities and a proper way to approach this issue and have some understanding and if possible, agreement, on how to resolve this issue of power rotation. It shouldn’t be some people who are just interested in the governorship that should make it a topic; this is about the lives of the people of Kogi state and not about individuals,” he emphasised.
The governor expressed hope that his party, the PDP, would emerge victorious in the governorship election in the state, pointing out that the defeat the party suffered in the last general election was but a temporary setback, and expressed the hope that the party would find its feet again.
“There was a cry for change in our country and PDP having been in power for 16 years and the people feeling there was a need for change, there was really not much the PDP could have done to overcome that change mantra that was blowing across the country; the Buharimania that had taken over, there was very little PDP could do. There was so much criticism of the efforts of PDP so it was difficult at that point for the PDP, as a party, to have done much better that it did but I think we should commend the PDP for the effort to even in the face of that, doing very well and with time, I believe the PDP will find its feet and do better in future elections.
“And if people say because of my gentle mien and pursuit of justice and equity, I cannot win election, may God give me the opportunity to stand for the election against them and they will see the result because I believe God almighty will stay behind me to win, if I contest,” Wada added.
Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by jlinkd78(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2015
no smoke without fire
Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by Chopet(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2015
I dey hear
Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by heykims(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2015
Power station to be situated at Kogi described as a welcome development by the state..
Similar power station to be situated in Akwa-Ibon, they call it northern agenda..

1 Like

Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by jlinkd78(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2015
heykims:
Power station to be situated at Kogi described as a welcome development by the state..
Similar power station to be situated in Akwa-Ibon, they call it northern agenda..
pls wia did u see power station in that write up. power rotation is quite different. learn to read before rushing to post comments. most of us visit hia to learn.
Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by abu12: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2015
[size=14pt]say no 2 pdp in kogi [/size]
Re: Ward Congress: No Face-off With PDP Leadership – Wada by kbams241: 8:50am On Jul 12, 2015
All dis note without source..

(1) (Reply)

Land Dispute: Man Beheads Neighbour In Benue / Why Are Governors From No-drop-of-oil States Obsessed With Oil? / Buhari Fires Nimasa Boss -Dailytrust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.