Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Difference Btw Education And School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Btw Education And School (1010 Views)

Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. / Top 21 Cheapest State Universities In Nigeria And School Fees. / Steps For Document Authentication In Ministry Of Education And Foreign Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
It's high time our students knows the truth: You will know the truth, and the truth shall make u free. John 8:32. What is the truth Pilate asked Jesus John18:38. The truth is the right proessed knowledge that effect positive changes.
Truth is, there is a difference between Education and School. But our parents, guardians, even our governments claims to have given us or give us the best education by sending us to School. This is "fallacy," yes it is, on a larger scale of bullshit!
Schools don't give us Education, but Education will give us Schools, in fact, perfect Schools because the foundations of Schools are grounded in Education.
As there is a line between a Job and a Career, so is there between School, and Education. Job is done for survival, while career is either because it is satisfactory or a calling. Though, that topic is for another discussion.
Let us define the terms: School and Education.
SCHOOL:
The word school is derived from a Greek word (scholē), originally meaning "leisure" and also "that in which leisure is employed", but later "a group to whom lectures were given, among whom knowledge is shared. School." NOTE: "Among whom knowledge is shared. School." School is a place where limited knowledge is shared.
In school, limited knowledge is shared and that is the reason most schools proclaims: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Un-redefined knowledge.
EDUCATION: An enlightening experience. E.g "an hour with the military men was an education in patience and forbearance."
The wealth of knowledge acquired by an individual after studying a material(s) or experiencing life lessons that provide an understanding of something. The accumulation of information. It is largely a function of well researched information.
"If there was a Family tree: Education and Hard work will be related, and School will be a distant cousin."- Suli Breaks.

http://testicanzoni.mtv.it/testi-Suli-Breaks_26499823/testo-Why-I-Hate-School-but-Love-Education-26354963

1 Like

Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
I've been realizing this way back in higher learning... Then, I watched Suli Breaks video, and it was as if he saw my mind, copied it, and expanded the views.
Schools don't give us Education, it's a personal experience. That's why teachers will score less or ignore answers that are given word for word over what they have given us. They expect you to think outside of the BOX. That BOX is School.
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
The philosophy of environment in review... undecided
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
How many of us were taught how to use a calculator in school?
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 9:08am On Jul 14, 2015
hugogerrard:
The philosophy of environment in review... undecided
That tells me a lot about you huggo.
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 14, 2015
GRACEGLORY:
That tells me a lot about you huggo.
how
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
hugogerrard:
how
You are well schooled lipsrsealed
Re: The Difference Btw Education And School by GRACEGLORY: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
There's a difference between well schooled, and well educated. cool

(1) (Reply)

Ivy League Schools Scramble For Yet Another Nigerian / Study Medicine In Russia - Fees As Low As $3,500 Per Year / Solve The Inequality 2x + 1 < (3x + 2)/x + 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.