Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,861 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (42905 Views)

The Baale Of Akoka's Car Somersaulted On The 3rd Mainland Bridge / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Driver Almost Burnt Alive On 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by gbemitoks234(f): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
May God help us.
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nimblemind(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
People call this Ibadan buses "Moving coffin".
... State of those vehicles is worrisome!
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by purplish(f): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
May we all never find ourselves on blood-thirsty roads sad
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Demostical01(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jesus !!! what's really happening, Snail Buhari na so e go dey go ever since you stepped in as a president things are changing for worst, May God save us,....
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Brytawon(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Osanogbwer... shocked
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by prettyrosiemua(f): 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Drivers should always be careful when driving cos this life no get duplicate. quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nimblemind(m): 2:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
purplish:
May we all never find ourselves on blood-thirsty roads sad

Don't believe anything like a blood thirsty... The state of this cars,drivers carelessness,speed and bad road are what causes accidents! If truly the road was "blood thirsty", it should have killed every one that drives through it... At least enough blood for its thirst abi na these people blood sweet pass?

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
scribble:
the leaders of this country need to fix our roads so that our cars can last longer

so many suspension, engine etc damaged because of bad roads

Don't you think the accident was due to overspeeding?

The bus looks like it was heading to lekki/ajah and it must have boarded from Oshodi or Iyana ipaja.
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Baroba(m): 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
scribble:
the leaders of this country need to fix our roads so that our cars can last longer

so many suspension, engine etc damaged because of bad roads

That road looks pretty good too me, the drivers have to be blamed as well.. A lot of Nigerians drive like possessed demons..
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Krossbow123: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sharing of blood everyday in Bloodhari regime
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
You don't to blame the government for everything that occurs. There are three types of speed limit. 1. The one that comes with the car. 2. Every road gat a speed limit sign 3. Common sense speed limit.
Irrespective of 1 and 2, number 3 should be mostly implied.
You drive a car that gat bad shock absorbers and you drive at 140km / hr, common sense would tell you it's wrong, same as driving a car at such speed with bad tyres and not so sharp brakes, common sense would also tell you it's wrong. Heaven help those who help themselves. Meanwhile may God protect us all.
To the victims, wish you a quick recovery, if any life was lost, may they rest in peace...
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by iPopAlomo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
nkowaputa:
That is ajah bus. Most drivers see 3rd mainland bridge as car racing track. I have heard people boast about how many minutes it take them to finish the bridge on top speed.

If you can't drive fast... why hate another driver...?

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jarus(m): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:
shocked
How can such accident occur intra-town?

That driver tho.. lalasticlala come and see

God forbids. But a free, smooth Third Mainland Bridge on a Sunday morning is very tempting.

I set target for myself on that road on Sundays. I set time to use to drive the stretch. I normally do it in 7 minutes and 5 minutes my record, and tried to beat it.

But I have stopped that now that I have a family.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by iamkingzlee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
aryzgreat:
Those Lagos - Ibadan buses all need to be seized bc 90% of them r rickety n moving coffin.
true talk!
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hmmn..

my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Jamie1360(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thank God it didnt sumersault into the ocean, *smh*
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jarus:

God forbids. But a free, smooth Third Mainland Bridge on a Sunday morning is very tempting.

I set target for myself on that road on Sundays. I set time to use to drive the stretch. I normally do it in 7 minutes and 5 minutes my record, and tried to beat it.

But I have stopped that now that I have a family.
Please be careful Mate
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
free2ryhme:
Thank God for protection

Why protect when he could have easily prevented and averted.. does he like seeing violence and destruction? does it give him so masochistic pleasure to see us in constant despair and sorrow? Thank God indeed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by popcykaylah(m): 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
chai..na wah ooo..drove pass there around 4.30am this morning on my way from elegushi..please make them remove am sharperly else tomorrow evening go be disaster...
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by free2ryhme: 2:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
voltron:

Why protect when he could have easily prevented and averted.. does he like seeing violence and destruction? does it give him so masochistic pleasure to see us in constant despair and sorrow? Thank God indeed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

“There are forty kinds of lunacy, but only one kind of common sense.”
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by popcykaylah(m): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Krossbow123:
Sharing of blood everyday in Bloodhari regime
na buhari drive the bus or abi na him send the bus driver message?chai please recieve sense
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by scribble: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Don't you think the accident was due to overspeeding?

The bus looks like it was heading to lekki/ajah and it must have boarded from Oshodi or Iyana ipaja.

Guys I know it's overspeeding. My point is these cars have been rendered derelict elsewhere
The drivers are also either illiterate or poor and desperate

The ripple effect of the accident is manifold although the immediate cause is overspending.

Nigerians Ronu

There are smany accidents, murders, rapes, prostitution, drug addiction that come about from the main evil of the land corruption and disdain for our fellow Nigerians by the ruling class

The vehicle was rendered rickety due to the bad roads and then paired with illiterate drivers. On any road, that is a recipe for disaster.

Don't we see the keke and okada in Lagos? Driving like they're insane.
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by MCJIKEL22(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
RIP to the dead! LORD,help me and my loved one's to see 2016 embarassed
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by MCJIKEL22(m): 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
scribble:

Guys I know it's overspeeding. My point is these cars have been rendered derelict elsewhere
The drivers are also either illiterate or poor and desperate

The ripple effect of the accident is manifold although the immediate cause is overspending.

Nigerians Ronu

There are smany accidents, murders, rapes, prostitution, drug addiction that come about from the main evil of the land corruption and disdain for our fellow Nigerians by the ruling class

The vehicle was rendered rickety due to the bad roads and then paired with illiterate drivers. On any road, that is a recipe for disaster.

Don't we see the keke and okada in Lagos? Driving like they're insane.
God wud help us all
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
free2ryhme:

“There are forty kinds of lunacy, but only one kind of common sense.”
guess the Jesus Freak has all of em grin grin grin
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Kentrasso(f): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
The govt shld start doing something about these old buses conveying people. Very dangerous. For this bus to have scattered like this under impact means it is very weak, not fit to be on the road. In other countries, even ones as small as gabon you must change your car every 2years. This is life we are talking about
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Khd95(m): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nigerian crash victims b like'our vehicle
somersaulted 71 times'.... grin grin grin grin

Hope say person no die kwa
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by harry509: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by realitytopline: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Not everyone that drives is a driver. Go for defensive driving training today before hitting the road.
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by bong4(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
aryzgreat:
Those Lagos - Ibadan buses all need to be seized bc 90% of them r rickety n moving coffin.

You took the words from my mouth. I have always taken note of these buses especially the ones that ply lagos-ibadan-ile ife-ilesa. They are one of the reasons i do not enter buses no matter how cheap. I prefer cabs driven by elderly and responsible men rather than these wiz-kid modeled drivers. If this can happen within the city, then you can paint the picture of what happens on the highways.

God please take control.

1 Like

Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by gotousa2013: 3:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:
shocked
How can such accident occur intra-town?

That driver tho.. lalasticlala come and see
Who is lalastica. Sef gan Ah
Re: Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
gotousa2013:

Who is lalastica. Sef gan Ah
Na him carry us reach here... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Be Deceived. Honda's Legs Pull Both Home And Abroad!! Pictures / As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / What Does The ABS Sign On Dash Board Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.