Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Confirmed: Casillas Joins Porto From Real Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Confirmed: Casillas Joins Porto From Real Madrid (402 Views)

Chelsea Signs Morata From Real Madrid For A Club Record Fee Of £70m / Ex - Real Madrid Goalie Iker Casillas To Move To Marseille / Casillas to join Porto from Real Madrid | Solopredict.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confirmed: Casillas Joins Porto From Real Madrid by Philtrik(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Source: http://footballng.com/news/confirmed-casillas-joins-porto-real-madrid/

Real Madrid have announced the departure of their long-term goalkeeper Iker Casillas to FC Porto of Portugal of after a deal agreed yesterday (Saturday).

"Real Madrid and FC Porto have reached a deal on the transfer of Iker Casillas to the Portuguese club," a statement from Real Madrid official website read.

"The greatest goalkeeper in the history of the club and in the history of Spanish football is moving on to a new stage in his footballing career.

"Thank you Iker, for everything you have done. Thank you for being a symbol of the best in our history. You are going but we will never forget that you'll always belong to the heart of Real Madrid."

The 34 year-old Spaniard came from Madrid's youth ranks back in 1990, becoming a full-time player in 1999. Casillas made a total of 725 appearances for Real Madrid, winning a total of 18 trophies including five La Liga titles, three UEFA Champions League and two Copa Del Rey titles.

Iker Casillas was among the Spain squad that won the 2010 FIFA World Cup and 2008, 2012 UEFA European Championship.

Casillas has won 28 individual awards including Best European Goalkeeper in 2010 and IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.

In a farewell press conference today (Sunday) at the Santiago Bernabeu, Casillas said:
"I have come to this great stadium today to say goodbye to all of you, Especially to the Madrid fans. As of Saturday I'm no longer a Real Madrid player, now I'll be a Porto player."

"I’m sure in the future we’ll see each other. I’m not going to say goodbye, because it’s not goodbye. I hope to see you soon. Thank you, to all of you." he added.

Manchester United's David de Gea and Espanyol's Kiko Casilla are the potential replacement of Iker Casillas.

Source: http://footballng.com/news/confirmed-casillas-joins-porto-real-madrid/
Re: Confirmed: Casillas Joins Porto From Real Madrid by Success1sMine: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
good, let him move on, he his a legend.

(1) (Reply)

Man City Agree £49m Sterling Deal / Man Utd Unveils Morgan Schneiderlin And Bastian Schweinsteiger / Fabian Delph Has Signed A Five-year Deal With Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.