Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike (855 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike From 14th August 2017-Vangaurd / Resumption From Oau Mid Semester Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by Davo93(m): 12:21am On Jul 13, 2015
The management of Obafemi Awolowo University has declared a mid-semester break whereby students are expected to vacate the university community for a period of time yet to be communicated.

This was part of the resolutions of the management following an emergency senate that held on Sunday to review the current campus situation.

A circular issued at the end of the Senate which was signed by the University Registrar, Dotun Awoyemi reads “The Senate of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife has approved that the students of the University proceed on a mid-semester break with effect from Monday, July 13, 2015. Consequently, all students are advised to vacate the Halls of Residence. The date of resumption will be announced later.”

Though the University management has not tied the mid-semester break to the ongoing NASU protests and strike action, however, indications from several quarters have suggested that the mid-semester break is coming as a result of the agitations by the Students’ Union for a better welfare conditions which can no longer be guaranteed since the members of the Non Academic Staff Union (NASU) who are in charge of power and water supplies have downed tools.

Earlier, the Students’ Union president, Akande Omotayo a.k.a TY has said that he will convey a congress of students on Monday to discuss the total closure of the university should the management fail to accede to the three (3) basic demands of the students at the moment which include power supply, water supply and free flow of vehicles within the university community.

NASU has since upper week Friday, 3rd of July held the university to a standstill as the main entrances to the university were locked up and also retrieved water and power supplies for most periods. The struggle embarked upon by NASU is due to the non payment of the 64 months arrears of her members’ hazard allowances.

www.oaupeeps.com/2015/07/oau-management-declares-mid-semester.html
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 13, 2015
shocked
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by Bilabong(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2015
Story for the gods.
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by boboLIL(m): 12:36am On Jul 13, 2015
I see as unserious students happy now.......
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by Lekan111(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2015
I pity their final year student and jambite i wish them quick resumption;(;(;(;(
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by Davo93(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2015
boboLIL:
I see as unserious students happy now.......
I don't think this has anything to do with not being serious.
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by hos4x(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Re: OAU Declares Indefinite Mid-semester Break Amid NASU Strike by boboLIL(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Davo93:
I don't think this has anything to do with not being serious.
they always appreciate breaks like dis

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Youngest Phd Holders / Unilagadmissionguide.com Has Been Hacked / SLEEP PARALYSIS: "I'm Awake, But I Can't Move A Muscle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.