Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) (32067 Views)

Charley Boy Was Being Overdramatic, Slumped For The Camera – Police / Burial Of Sam Galadima, Plateau Commissioner Who Slumped & Died While Jogging / Photo Of Sam Galadima Who Slumped & Died While Jogging With Plateau Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2015
An official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, who slumped while controlling traffic on Ishaga Road in the Idi-Araba, Mushin area on Saturday, has died.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the official, Kazeem Lawal, was brought in dead to the Randle Hospital, Surulere, where his colleagues had rushed him.

Sunday PUNCH had reported that the official, who was among LASTMA officials on duty for an event at the Chapel of the Healing Cross, collapsed at about 1.30pm.

It was also reported that Lawal, who was gasping for breath, was rushed to a hospital after he did not respond to preliminary treatment.

Our correspondent gathered that Lawal, who was attached to LASTMA Zone 3, Iponri, died on the way to the hospital.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Alakara Police Division.

One of the colleagues of the deceased, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said, “He was initially taken to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, but he could not be attended to because of the ongoing strike action. He was then rushed to the Randle Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

“We do not have any insurance policy. We do not have any hazard allowance. It is very painful.

“His family members are in disarray at present. We work round the clock, and we are usually overwhelmed. He must have collapsed from accumulated stress.

“Since the government sacked some LASTMA workers last year, there has been a burden on the workforce. Work posts, where seven personnel were handling, have been reduced to one or two.”

Our correspondent gathered that LASTMA officials, policemen and National Union of Transport Workers besieged the hospital on Sunday.

“The whole thing happened so fast and so shocking. By the time they took him to the Randle Hospital, he had died,” another LASTMA official said.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said he would get back to our correspondent on the matter.

He said, “I am still awaiting details on the incident. I will call you back when I have them.”

The Public Relations Officer, LASTMA, Bola Ajao, could not be reached as calls put across to her phone did not connect. A text message sent to her also had yet to be replied to.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lastma-official-who-slumped-on-traffic-duty-dies/

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by MosakuAW(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2015
So embarassed !

May he R.I.P

This is why is good for one to always check his or her BP at least ones in 6months if you are a field worker.

Its good to be health cautious.

15 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by oppybouy(m): 1:13am On Jul 13, 2015
Sun re oo...... embarassed

Family members who probably didn't even know his house address would now start famzing and lobbying Lagos state govt for compensation. embarassed angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by bamidele029: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2015
Sad, may his soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by demmy0325(m): 1:15am On Jul 13, 2015
... Bye.. Rest perfectly in bosom of the lord..

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2015
No be only
demmy0325:
... Bye.. Rest perfectly in bosom of the lord..

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by ORACLE1975(m): 1:25am On Jul 13, 2015
bye REST IN PEACE.. TILL WE ALL COME.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by modskiller(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2015
RIP

Let the living always thank God for the gift of life that we have and the breath in out lungs. Some are on the verge of losing theirs'

5 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Ama80(f): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2015
It's a pity.so sad.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by kestolove95(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2015
Dnt worry Buhari is coming soonest to join u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by lyntiffany(f): 1:41am On Jul 13, 2015
So so bad news for this Monday morning.

RIP man..

Bad news and death shall be far from me and my fellow Nairalanders,

Amen.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by jantofubu(m): 2:03am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:
Dnt worry im coming soonest to join u
MODIFIED: wat do yu think wil happen to u if buhari's fav. Prayer point is 'LET THOSE WHO WISH ME DEAD DIE B4 ME'? U are going to hell my niggar!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:
U are a bastard for wishing some one's Father death Remember those who wish PMB death during campaign died within some weeks. May be u are the next. Anuofia.

22 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Dollyak(f): 2:11am On Jul 13, 2015
The system have failed so many people in Nigeria. Imagine being refused a treatment because of a strike in your own country. Smh. What a country cry

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. -Oscar Wilde

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by allanphash7(m): 2:47am On Jul 13, 2015
RIP ti d dead

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Candyrain(m): 3:43am On Jul 13, 2015
Remote control people have remembered him or could it be one of their numerous evil deed as LASTMA on Lagosians that came back to..... Anyway RIP

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:17am On Jul 13, 2015
Like play like play shocked??

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by horlabiyi(m): 4:22am On Jul 13, 2015
May hIS Soul Rest In Peace

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by spenca: 4:24am On Jul 13, 2015
They way the are carrying him self would make breathing more difficult coupled with the fact that they barely have first aid knowledge. Sad sad, RIP to a Hero

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Pangea: 4:35am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:

Why are you so full of hate?

8 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by quadness(m): 5:08am On Jul 13, 2015
Oma se Ooo! RIP

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:19am On Jul 13, 2015
Hmmmnn, it waz tragedically tragedious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by odinese(m): 5:21am On Jul 13, 2015
Omg #Rip....

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by eleko1: 5:43am On Jul 13, 2015
No insurance cover,n nothing.No wonder they bark,jumped into ur car/harassed U to part with bribe.RIP young man

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by heykims(m): 5:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria a country where everything is upside down, hospitals go on strike intermittently.
BTW, there's something called basic life support which everybody should be able to do, a cardiopulmonary resuscitation, CPR could have preserved his life at least till they reached the hospital..

RIP Lawal..

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2015
spenca:
They way the are carrying him self would make breathing more difficult coupled with the fact that they barely have first aid knowledge. Sad sad, RIP to a Hero

I read the news yesterday and the 1st thing that came to my mind is that

So, ordinary CPR dem no Sabi? Boy Scouts even are taught basic first aid how much more these people that handle traffic where accidents are common?

Elementary first aid would have saved this man's life. Dem dey pour water for him body, dey carry am like accident victim.

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by hereiam: 6:37am On Jul 13, 2015
RIP Lawal.....but you guys should stop harassing lagosians on the road like you are really working for the government. a simple corrective sign to an innocent road user will do no harm. everything no be gragra, no be only una need money.

5 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by damyzino(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:
na you wan kill am abi tongue
kestolove95:
na you wan kill am abi

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by olasmith10(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2015
RIP..I suspect coronary heart disease...

I will advice all workers in lagos either on d mainland or d highland to endeavour to go for routine medical check up...d stress associated with living in lagos, is enough to cut ones life expectancy rate by 25%..

4 Likes

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Goodyshoes(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2015
Rip...
Health should be taken very seriously....

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Official, Who Slumped On Traffic Duty, Dies (photo) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2015
I dnt know Y I dnt really believe the news sha.. RIP if true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Rauf Olaniyan Impeached As Oyo Deputy Governor / Streets Of Owerri Agog With Buhari Visit To Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.