Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance (608 Views)

I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria / Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance by emmasege: 4:59am On Jul 13, 2015
A lot has been said on how the President's failure to constitute government for almost two months is affecting governance, but permit me to lend my voice to the issue by raising one/two points.
One, it is just a few days to the end of Ramadan and a properly constituted government would by now have declared public holiday which many are not yet sure if it is going to be Thursday and Friday or Friday and Monday. Such information, three days to the end of Ramadan, is very important considering the fact that a number of public servants may have to travel home and need to schedule their trips ahead of time. It is very difficult to make such plans, when one is not even sure if the FG is thinking along that line. Well, I don't blame PMB for this administrative lapses but I still blame him because it is the duty of the relevant ministry/minister to bring the attention of government to this for ratification and declaration. Unfortunately, no ministry has executive head yet!
Some people might argue that there are permanent secretaries who can step into the role but it is important to note that PS have restricted access to the president when compared with the ministers; they are not ideally and directly expected to report to the President. Moreover, it's not been the practice over the years and they are not just used to it!
Politicians in ministries usually become corrupt due to the negative influence of civil servants under them, especially when the minister is on the same page with them. One can imagine how worse the situation will be when there are no ministers over those thieves, to at least checkmate them.
Our dear President Muhammadu Buhari to wake up from his slumber. May be an SGF appointment which has unnecessarily been delayed could at least would have reminded you that there is a need to declare Salah holiday.
Abi u don go check your cows for Daura ni?
Re: Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 13, 2015
He is fasting.
Re: Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance by emmasege: 5:29am On Jul 13, 2015
Brokenbars:
He is fasting.
Oh I see
Re: Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:43am On Jul 13, 2015
Dont knw what he is waiting for. I'm confused too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Unconstituted Government Continues To Affect Governance by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Hmmn.. POLITRICKS

download my freestyle @

my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu: I Have Not Made Demands Of Buhari / 33-yr-old Man Jailed For Rape / Dogara Accused Of Blowing N66m On Chartered Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.