Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries (903 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho & His 'Squad' In Imo Govt House.PIC / PDP Set To Crown Sheriff As Chairman - SR / APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by waffle: 7:03am On Jul 13, 2015
…As LG staff vow to resist move

An indication emerged at the weekend that the Imo State government has concluded plans to slice workers’ salaries by 23 per cent to enable government shoulder the rising wage bill in the state’s civil service.

Governor Rochas Okorocha last week at a meeting with the state’s labour unions on the threat by workers to embark on a seven-day warning strike over non-payment of their salaries, expressed concern at the rate pensions of Imo State and staff salaries was rising, pointing out that there was corruption in the system and government has resolved to fight it to a standstill.

National Mirror gathered that the state government plans to reduce workers’ wage bill by 23 per cent if some punitive measures such as downsizing was not to be taken as alternative.

A source close to Government House disclosed that it was only corruption that the state governor intends to fight, adding that the direction it would take was not yet clear. “The wage bill as the governor said was astronomically high and something needs to be done to arrest the ugly situation. It is not witch-hunting anybody or group of people.”

However, the workers, particularly the local government staff, have said they would resist any attempt by the state government to cut their salaries. Some of the staff who do not want their names mentioned, said that with the bailout from the Federal Government and monthly allocation from the Federation Account, the state government has no excuse not to pay workers’ salaries.

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state has concluded arrangements to reduce its workers’ salaries by 50 per cent.

According to a source at the party’s secretariat, along Okigwe Road, Owerri, “if you are earning for instance N10,000, the executive council. EXCO, plans to cut it to N5,000.”

It was gathered that the EXCO is complaining that the party has no money to pay its workers’ salaries, and, as such, it wants to maintain a manageable size workforce.

But some of the workers interviewed disclosed unanimously that the EXCO spent the party’s fund recklessly.

“Today, they want the workers to carry the burden of their recklessness,” one of them said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/imo-govt-pdp-set-to-cut-workers-salaries/
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Sunofgod(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2015
Was this an election pledge?? grin

Buharism . . .
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Freciprocal: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2015
Desperate times calls for desperate measures! tongue
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Mogidi: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2015
APC are confused on how to govern, on one hand Gov Adamu Oshiomhole wants salary increased, on the other hand Okorocha want salary reduced.
Meanwhile Buhari has no clue whether they should be increased or decreased, #onechance government.

1 Like

Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by CharliParker: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2015
OK nice move.
Let them take it like that after all most of them are not working
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by bugzbunny: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2015
Fg
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by seedgreen(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Following
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by maverickdude(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2015
has d government officials of d state cut their own income by 50%?? if they avnt done dat,i guess dey ar jst bunch of jokers
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by chernest2002: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2015
Okorocha is s thief,he have finished imo state money and now want to impoverish the people more.my people stand up for your rights.

2 Likes

Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Nempi(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2015
Rochas is a big scam

2 Likes

Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by ahaz: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2015
Nempi:
Rochas is a big scam
dats job job, job, or factory, factory, factory
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2015
This Rochas Okorocha is a thief, a big scam to the imo people. Infact imo state has been ruled by thieves since Sam mbakwe left.
Roads dat dz ediot builds he gives it to useless contractors, roads dat if u pick a big stone and hit the road it wud spoil.
He keeps building unnecessary and useless things around d state, imagine him building foot bridges over places with little or no traffic, building city gates that are of no use.
The thing dat annoys me d most is dat everywhere u go in imo state u wud see his useless picture, even in primary school swing, wats d use of him putting his pictures everywhere is he campaigning for anything?...
Corruption in imo state is sooo much dat its only in imo state that police/force men act like armed robbers they wud see u coming from an activity maybe u boarded a keke na pep something dats prevalent there, they wud ask u to come down pointing der guns at u, tell d keke na pep driver to pack one side, then tell u to lie down on d floor facing d ground, if u want to explain they wud slap u... imagine. before u know they wud lay an allegation on ur head. Just because I wore a ring in my last finger they called me a cultist...and that they wud take me to the station, d next thing a lady in d keke was told she was been charged for indecent dressing...lol... someone putting on a corporate trouser and a suit... we tried telling them we came for a wedding they said when we get to the station we wud explain better, that this is a case of over #50,000... imagine.... I hate the imo state leadership, I know it's d hardship in d state that's making people engage in rubbish, yet NY stupid governor is busy hiring private jet and building round abouts saying it's development.
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2015
I weep for imo state, Buhari I wud forever be loyal to u, to Apc and carry on with my stand for One Nigeria when people like Rochas and Ikedi Ohakim find themselves in d most terrible part of kirikiri... especially in d part shared with boko haram terrorists.
Re: Imo govt, PDP set to cut workers’ salaries by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Bribery, corruption and prostitution is not what makes a city. Anybody who tells u thar he or she is ok with the present state of imo state is trash. Even if I can take some rubbish from other states in d federation I can't take it from my own state. Somewhere I want to be a better place for our generation and those unborn. Imo state needs heavy prayers, even Ebonyi state is preferable, at least there is sanity, what goes on in imo state is worse than terrorism. It's a silent form of boko haram with much worse destruction. Rochas if u care abt ur people, stop staying in govt house and let those incompetent people dat bribed der way through college tell u what the problem of ur people are, don't take advise from some if those clerics and clergy men dat the moment u donate 1million to them they wud prophesy heaven and earth, walk d streets and see for urself, imo people are suffering.

(1) (Reply)

The sun... / INEC Offic Set On Fire In Obingwa LGA / The I.G Of Police Re-opens Case Of Forgery Allegation Against APC Chair Oyegun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.