Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura (882 Views)

Tinubu: "Saraki And El-Rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP" / Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) / Maku Instigated Jonathan Against north – Al-makura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Brytawon(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2015
Nasarawa State governor, Tanko Al-
Makura has said the former minister of
Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, is
responsible for pitching President
Goodluck Jonathan against the North
while in office, saying his divisive
tendencies along ethnic and religious
lines, helped fuel the recurrent crisis in
Nasarawa State.

Maku, had at a press briefing in Abuja at
the weekend, alleged among other things
that innocent citizens had continued to
be killed by gunmen as a result of what
he described as the “insensitivity” in
handling the security situation in the
state by the state government which he
claimed would have been addressed if he
was sworn in as governor of the state in
May, this year.

But in a swift reaction on yesterday, the
Special Assistant to the governor on
Media and Publicity, Ahmed Tukur, said it
was rather unfortunate that Maku who
had ignored invitations extended to him
and other stakeholders on several
occasions to brainstorm towards finding
lasting solution to the communal crisis in
recent past could make unguarded
utterances when the state government
has succeeded in overcoming the
situation.

He alleged that the insecurity in the state
in recent past became worse as there
was an increase in the proliferation of
arms and ammunition when Maku held
sway as the supervising minister of
Defence, insisting that the former
minister should rather commend his boss
for the relative peace being enjoyed in
the state.

source: www.leadership.ng/news/446658/maku-instigated-jonathan-against-north-al-makura
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Freciprocal: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by bugzbunny: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2015
E
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Erukumakanaki: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Erukumakanaki: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2015
bugzbunny:
E
for Ebele
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Mogidi: 7:12am On Jul 13, 2015
What instigation, GEJ was never against the north, he did more for the north more than any previous President.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by temitemi1(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2015
Even after elections they can't still get over my HERO(GEJ)
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 13, 2015
AL Makura is the worst governor of APC though he shares the position with Aregbe
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by lurther: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2015
No matter what GEJ would have done for the North.... Even if he had turned the North to London, they would still vote him out. The North just needs the power and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Welrez(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2015
This is what annoys me about the north. Name one past or present head of state that did more for the north than GEJ? I think they regard clinching of the presidency as the only good thing anybody can do for them.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by frodobee: 7:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Frodobee :

If building of almajiri schools and universities, irrigation dams, roads, federal appointments is instigation, hmmm that will be a new dictionary meaning. The born to rules never wanted another on the sit, even when their best is an i1liteate du1lard.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by oduastates: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogidi:
What instigation, GEJ was never against the north, he did more for the north more than any previous President.

Like what?
Examples please.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Mogidi: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2015
oduastates:

Like what?
Examples please.

Election is over, am not about to post details of his numerous projects in the north.
I might oblige if you really want me to and on condition you prove you can't use google.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Proxy001(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2015
Hey Mr. Almakura... Nobody instigated Jonathan against the North . we must rule syndrome is the only valid excuse the North had. But thank God u guys won so its either your man works or he gets more shame than Jonathan got. We are watching in 7D.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by bonechamberlain(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2015
against the north. these people think they are God, well I blame the southwest for this rubbish
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by hrykanu231(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
AL Makura is the worst governor of APC though he shares the position with Aregbe

Worst Governor? How? I dnt support APC, but the dude is sure trying(payment of salaries and development in infrastructure)
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by themilanway(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2015
Who still takes Maku serious?Used and dumped by PDP,failed woefully in APGA. grin grin grin grin

Just reading his name after election.
Re: Maku Instigated Jonathan Against North– Al-makura by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2015
Gaskiya kam, it's bery fossible, becos the man Maku was so desperate por power, he want to become gwamna by dole

(1) (Reply)

Group Moves To Stop Eko Atlantic Project / Why Deji Williams Is Bitter With Babatunde Fashola / 9-year-old Nigerian Becomes World’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.