Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 (28609 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) / NNPC slashes crude buyers from 43 to 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:21am On Jul 13, 2015
doublewisdom:
Wey the complete list? I hope Capital Oil dey there sha!
I wanted to ask same question. I don't think those who were involved in the subsidy scam will pass through.

probably!
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by SonOfEl(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
how do u xpect them to see the change? When their sense of reasoning hav bn beclouded by misplaced hate. As long as the well meaning Nigerians can see and feel the CHANGE, baba is fine.

see mumus, always in a hurry to tag any story as change, you cant prove anything. the change I want from Mr buhari is to fulfill at least 60% of his campaign promises, then shall I become buhari's political convert.

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
chamboy:
Where is OREMUSSANCTUS....
Are u still looking for change
Oremussanctus is waiting for the ministerial list. You won't be seeing his comments here until the ministerial list is out. grin
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2015
I think its a welcomed development & a right step,in the right direction.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2015
Witch hunt... am sure only the southern oil marketers were affected..

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by docphresh(m): 11:34am On Jul 13, 2015
Equalizer:
Witch hunt... am sure only the southern oil marketers were affected..

Brother.. Easy. . How can you be sure? Have you seen the list?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by loomer: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2015
If una like make una slash am to 3 e no concern me
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by VickyRotex(f): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Correct!!! I love such news.

It's all for the good of the masses. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Brytawon(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2015
Real Madrid have decided to give departing goalkeeper and captain Iker Casillas an official send-off later on Monday following criticism over the low-key nature of his tearful farewell news conference on Sunday.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by HARRYFORD1986: 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
ERCROSS:

one bit of sense... u dnt have..
but he is saying the truth.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by ceejayluv(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
Princecalm:
and a sentimental blinded fellow will tell me he can't see the change.
duh.... madueke did the same in 2011/2012...

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by koolkamzzy(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
doublewisdom:
Wey the complete list? I hope Capital Oil dey there sha!

Good news I must say!. The downstream Sector has been in a lull since the beginning of this regime. please mention me when you get to see the full list. Boys need to get to work.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by oddy17: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Good move by PMB I didn't waste my vote God bless PMB/PYO
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by atlwireles: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2015
So the local refineries will not be producing as claimed by the almajiris? Did Buhari reduce the numbers or many marketers left the business because banks refuse to finance their allocation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Change may be slow because it has to be gradual. But it is assured!

God bless PMB/PYO!

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by sweetgala(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2015
atlwireles:
So the local refineries will not be producing as claimed by the almajiris? Did Buhari reduce the numbers or many marketers left the business because banks refuse to finance their allocation.

The refineries are not yet producing at max capacity, we still need to import , or should I say move our raw materials to be refined and then bring them back. This is a job that ideally only NNPC , Mobil and major extraction companies should be involved in. Maybe 10 at most licenses
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by CourtierJay: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2015
@koolkammzy, you ain't much excited than me @ dis news. The last 6weeks have been very unstable within the sector. Boys need to start generating funds a before. What do you think?
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:59am On Jul 13, 2015
atlwireles:
dumb post!

4 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by atlwireles: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
sweetgala:

The refineries are not yet producing at max capacity, we still need to import , or should I say move our raw materials to be refined and then bring them back. This is a job that ideally only NNPC , Mobil and major extraction companies should be involved in. Maybe 10 at most licenses

Is this the new explanation from APC's propaganda machine? Because, what you just stated has been Nigeria's reality for almost 20 years.

4 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Williamso:

Until you can prove that due diligence wasn't followed, and no SS/SE was given an import license, you do not even deserve to be mentioned undecided

Bring the complete list, you'll be shocked.

I've already seen the list of recalled ambassadors and they are 80% from SS/SE. What's the meaning of that?
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by atlwireles: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
dumb post!

another almajiri she/male

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Bayswater: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Williamso:
This is good news. I hope due diligence was undertaken before the issuance of these 29 licenses. Gone should be the days where paper companies that can't even boast of a physical location or any logistic equipment are given import licenses...

Fire the refineries, reduce PMS import quota.

God bless Nigeria
God bless the presidency

How is this good news? Kindly explain please.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by skyfall: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Gradually, things are moving. God bless PMB.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Flets: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
Online janja.wids as always have launched a self praise campaign on an action that has not proven effective.

What was the criteria for trimming the 43 to 29?

In the absence of a minister, which technocrat spearheaded this downsizing?

Is it not obvious that with just 29 importers, its now easier to connive to hold the nation hostage than when they were larger.

Have our problem been the number of importers or the loopholes within the import and subsidy payment process?

Even if we have just 2 importers and the process problems are not addressed, the problems won't go away

Who verified that the capacity of 29 in terms of throughput and existing facilities is sufficient for national requirements?

Who makes up this 29? What is the regional distribution?

Again what is good about this move to be gloated over? Are we continuing with subsidy payments or not? Are we issuing new licenses to refinery operators or we are maintaining the status quo?

What is the direction?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by koolkamzzy(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
atlwireles:

Refinery is not something you wake up one day and start to operate. Believe it or not, its going to take not less than 2 to 3 years (if not more), before Nigeria can produce up to 50% of the petroleum products we consume in this country. Even the CABALS (OIL MARKETERS) who are major sponsors of political campaign will not allow that. Also remember that some of these Politicians (both in PDP and APC) have refineries or part shares in some of these refineries abroad, where refined products are sourced into the country. You think they are fools?
Also they (CABALS) benefit a lot from the SWAP AGREEMENT, as they supply less quantity of refined products compared to the amount of Crude they take for it.

Last we heard, the refineries were going to start production this month, but the story has change.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by PrimeSurreal: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
[s]
LagosBoi2:
President Buhari has continue to work for the benefit of all Nigerians and some saTANic elements continues to rant instead of praying for this great man to succeed in bringing about the Change that will elevate us to the real Nigerian standard

God Bless PMB/PYO

God Bless Nigeria
[/s]utter nonsense
Truly common sense is actually not common
When they were 43 they could call themselves and make life unbearable for Nigerians by asking themselves to stop fuel disbursement talkless now they are 29
Sound economic and petroleum sector analysts have all proffered the opposite of what baba has done as the solution to the problem of fuel scarcity that has bedeviled this nation
It would do you well to read up on them and spare the world your ignorant and uneducated rantings most of the time

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by dekdek: 12:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
SonOfEl:

see mumus, always in a hurry to tag any story as change, you cant prove anything. the change I want from Mr buhari is to fulfill at least 60% of his campaign promises, then shall I become buhari's political convert.

Oponu u want to see it in less than 2 months right? ODE.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by dekdek: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Good Development !!!
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Malawian(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
what of CAPITAL OIL?
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by koolkamzzy(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
CourtierJay:
@koolkammzy, you ain't much excited than me @ dis news. The last 6weeks have been very unstable within the sector. Boys need to start generating funds a before. What do you think?
LOL.. so you are among the CABALS that don't want our refineries to start working abi?

Little advice for you, better think of diversification cos if this government really work as they have promised, Importation is gonna reduced if not stopped. Also with the Dangote refinery in view, bros things go tough small cos that man no go let importation to spoil him business /ROI.
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by STEVENcrack(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
What about Andy uba's CAPITAL OIL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"President Buhari In A Trance" – Wole Soyinka / Buhari’s Govt Disowns President’s Aide On Modu Sheriff Appointment / Photos And Video From The Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.